“Vacation from Hell” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seascape Condominium Rentals

Orbitz.com Expedia.com
Seascape Condominium Rentals
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   10811 San Luis Pass Road, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Fort Worth, Texas
“Vacation from Hell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I think the title say's it all. We got little sleep due to parties in the RV park next to the condo, front end loader cleaning the beach at 3:00 in the morning and fire works being set off on the beach all hours of the night. There were 4 people in my party; two adults and two teen age girls. The rooms were small and the only seating in the entire place was a small sofa and four bar stools. The girls had the small bedroom and there was hardly room for them to walk around the bed. A large person or an adult would have a very difficult time in that room. This is definately not a six person condo. Also if you wanted clean towels you had to wash the one per person provided by the condo. The only view was one of the RV park or the road unless you stood up and looked over the rail. If you do not heed this warning and go anyway, do not stay in the first building. The other two building may not have the same issues but there are too many other places to stay in Galveston.

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We booked at 6night stay at this place, but the Rental Company ABSeascape cancelled it on us last minute - literally one week prior to our arrival for July 4th week, leaving us without a place to stay on the Island for the week.
They 'claimed' they'd tried to contact us to let us know but they hadn't. They were exceptionally rude to both my wife and I. With one representative even laughing down the phone at me! The reason for cancellation was that a 'computer glitch' had led to our condo being rented out for $900 for the week. They told us we now had to pay $1,600 for the week. An absolutely ridiculous price for the smallest condo they had.
Prior to making the booking my wife had telephoned to confirm pricing and was told that the condo was being rented out for that price as it hadn't been modernised. Subsequently I re-checked the information on the website and that same condo now had a 'recently modernised' tag!
These guys are rip off merchants. They don't care about you or your vacation - just out to get as much money as possible. Hence previous reviews have moaned about this management company.
I left messages for the owner of the company to call me back - he never did. All I was told was "We don't let rooms out for free". At one point their representative informed me that the owner probably wouldn't call me back as I just wanted to moan at someone and maybe he (the rep) should just take the beating.
An absolute joke of an organization! I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and Galveston Chamber of Commerce.
My advice - go to Priceline and book a room at the Galvez - less than the cost of their condo's per night and you stay in far more elegant surroundings.

Room Tip: Don't book with ABSeascape.
Hurst, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have traveled many places and have made several trips to Galveston since my children were babies.This is the first time I rented a condo (and upgrade and spent more money than usual)with beach access in Galveston, rented primarily for the safety and amenites for my grandchildren. We traveled five hours arrivng promptly at checkin. With my grandkids and daughter waiting in the car - miscalculated and had to wait several minutes in line. I was then waited on by a young girl who could barely speak English. She couldn't type or add, and with several failed attempts to communicate I received a handful literature and no keys. The room wasn't ready. There was confusion about what I owed, but thought the problem was resolved. The room wasn't ready. Thirty minutes later with a cranky 1 and 3 year old we get on the elevator and were swarmed by mesquitos. The condo was well decorated and clean except for a pile of dity towels in the wash room. The view from our condo was lovely except the view. As you look out the window you can't miss the campsite trailer park between you and the ocean. Later that night I discovered the washer in condo 1306 didn't work and I found myself pulling clothes out of a tub of water; wringing out a load of wet clothes for the dryer. Did have a quiet good nights sleep. Really looking forward to the extra amneity of a private beach with a landscape walkway, but instead the beach was filthy, covered in seaweed with scraped piles, of moist rotting seaweed. There was no way to escpe the stench of rotting fish. The smell made me gag. With no wind and more mesquitos - after an hour we packed up all our gear and went back to the condo. IT WAS A BAD TRIP BUT I WAS WILLING TO LET IT GO. We found something to do for the last few days and came home. Suspicious of my experience with checkin I checked my bank online, but now for the bad part. Long story short I was charged twice. I had paid Travelocity a month earlier in full. I had my Travelocity receipts at the check in but still AFTER MUCH CONFUSION AT the condo rental agency they still debited my account $933.00 dollars. Yep! After I contacted the rental agency several times the problem was resolved. After a week of waiting and no money I called again, screaming by now. Turns out they credited the wrong account not mine. . AND AFTER THEY PROMISED ME AGAIN AND MY MONEY WAS STILL MISSING FROM MY ACCOUNT AGAIN 14 - DAYS LATER I CALLED MY BANK. FINALLY MY MONEY HAS BEEN RETURNED. THEY KEPT SAYING THEY WERE SORRY. NO ONE ATTEMPTED TO RESTORE MY FAITH IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT WITH A FREE COUPON FOR AN OVERNIGHT STAY. I'M STILL ANGRY AND PLAN TO CONTACT BETTER BUSINESS, YELP, COMPLAIN ON FACEBOOK AND SEND A FINAL LETTER TO THE HOMEOWNER.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in 2310 unit. Got there on a Sunday evening check-in was fine w/o problems. Disappointed in a few things and i'm not really a complainer so I choose to ignore negative comments others made prior to booking. Monday morning around 7am a noisy tractor was scraping the seaweed off beach and woke us up, it didn't come back another day. 1&1/2 bath with 2 bed rooms and 2 bunks for 5 kids and 2 adults. Only 1 shower/tub everyone had to share. The master bed made noise with every inch of movement. The curtains were white small bamboo style and very bright from the pool area light all night. The kitchen did not have pot holders to remove things from oven, no dust pan, had to buy. The dishwasher and stove/oven were the 1/2 size style and kitchen had small one bowl sink. Eating area was not that great. Coin operated laundry and no WiFi unless in office lobby. Some jelly fish so bring your meat tenderizer if get stung. Positives: nice grounds with nice pool and hot tubs, easy access to beach with no seaside drive road to cross. We adjusted by the end of week and overall have a good vacation. Likely would not go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My friend and I decided to get a condo in Galveston with our combined 4 children. We stayed in unit 1106 and it was perfect! This unit was very clean and updated. We loved the balcony with table and chairs - worked out perfect for the kids to eat dinner on after a day at the beach. So nice to just walk out to beach and back up when it was nap time. I even had enough room to put a large pack n play in my bedroom - which was something I was concerned about because you can't tell by the pictures if there is room. Be sure to look at unit pics before booking. Ours had 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms with bunk beds and pull out couch in living area. We were not cramped at all, and with 4 kids there was lots of room to play and not be squeezed together. We really loved this unit and will book this exact one again in the future! Oh - the beds were AWESOME! very comfortable!!

Room Tip: Loved 1106 - be sure to look at pics - this unit overlooks the RV park but from the unit all you see...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We have been to Galveston thousands of times and stayed at numerous places. Seascape was a good find for a get away weekend. Like previous previews have stated, some condos seem to show more 'wear' than others. We rented from an individual owner off vrbo and it was a GREAT experience (rent the 2 bedroom seen on vrbo!). Just a few pointers if you decide to go... it has a great location- on the beach near the end of the seawall- however, if the weather is a little windy/high tides you won't have a beach to play on. The water goes right up to the dunes. If weather is 'normal', you should have some beach to play on. And I would suggest a condo where the balcony is facing east and not poolside. You will get the morning sun and won't be bothered by the evening 'poolside party'.

Room Tip: rent via VRBO (we loved the 2 bedroom)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
DFW, NTX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I went for a business trip in Galveston last weekend of March 30, 2012 and I took my family with me for them to relax on the beach while @ work. Looking for accommodation is something I really take seriously especially if the destination is accessorize with beaches and if you have kids that are aqua buff then you have to take note of the words the property using to describe their location to the beach. Most of the beach hotels and resorts in Galveston are located in front of the beach (some across the street and some are a bit distance from the beach). Myself on the other hand, I wish to have a hotel property that’s a “right on the beach” as possible, so it is hotel backyard gate/boardwalk/vegetation/then to sand and “it really never gets that packed” kinda property & I have NO against with pet owners and smokers but it’s just my choice. I like a property that’s NO smoking and NO pets allowed. We went looking @ the west end side where the laid back part of the GALVESTON island & most of the award winning condos are located. And can’t tell how they really are in the pictures, I went to check online consumer’s review and recommended. Seascape Condos by AB Sea Sales and Rentals Inc. have a pretty good reviews than the rest so, I chose it and booked (online). Take note that when you rent a condo, it is very important to do your assignment and have good research as each unit is individually (privately) owned. The word “newly renovated” vs. “completely renovated “really help in looking @ what’s in the pictures and the comment(s) of the past guests that rented it. Make sure that the unit is well maintained. Check the property layout to know where your unit is located. Specially, if the view is important to you. Do not expect the condo property like your typical hotel or resort suites. Usually, condos do not have staff after business hours except guards. Most guests comes late than usual time for check-ins so, the guard also serve & does minimal “front desk” job stuff for instructions and room keys then, you just go check in formally the next day when the front office opened. Bring your consumable items, as they are not replenished during your stay. You need to know the property regulations when it comes to parking (e.g. how many cars allowed per unit). Bed sheets & pillow cases, towels, & bath mat are not changed during your stay. My husband said that I have brought our kitchen/bathroom with us but hey, it made our stay there @ peace and comfortable. So, I brought our own shampoo, conditioner, bath soap, lotions, bath & swimming towels, sanitizer/wipes, one roll of toilet paper and paper towel, paper plates (small & regular size), disposable cups & silver wares, medium size Ziploc bags, and it would not hurt to bring your own laundry soap/dry sheets if ever you stay more than 2 nights, sunscreen or maybe insect repellant, camera, beach umbrella, folding chairs, and beach toys. The stuff are okay to bring if you are driving, of course, duh. Oh, well, the island have WALMART within 5-7 minutes & IHOP if you do not want to make breakfast. Seascape Condos is great because it is clean and well maintained property. I love their location right on the beach but a bit distance from the noise of the town. I like their restrictions when it comes to safety. Upon arrival if you see any problem(s) with the room notify them immediately to avoid being charge to your account (you never know what the last guests did). Each unit has a bunk bed. And I love the unit that we rented. We got a one bedroom and a bathroom. Our unit was so perfect for a family of four (2 adults & 2 kids). One more thing, when you are renting a condo or a villa. Treat the property like your own as you are requested to be considerate (we should be) like throw your trash and load/run the dishwasher with the dirty dishes (if you use the kitchen stuff & they provide you with one tablet of dishwasher detergent) and if you have a left over food take it out from the refrigerator before you depart. If you have a problem dealing with any of this then, I would suggest you go to your Holiday Inns or La Quintas.

Room Tip: Condos are not the same as your typical hotel or resort suites. Here you will be requested to be con...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Seascape Condominium Rentals? Share your experiences!