“Great Condo!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seascape Condominium Rentals

Save Saved
You added Seascape Condominium Rentals to your Saves list
Seascape Condominium Rentals
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   10811 San Luis Pass Road, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
“Great Condo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My friend and I decided to get a condo in Galveston with our combined 4 children. We stayed in unit 1106 and it was perfect! This unit was very clean and updated. We loved the balcony with table and chairs - worked out perfect for the kids to eat dinner on after a day at the beach. So nice to just walk out to beach and back up when it was nap time. I even had enough room to put a large pack n play in my bedroom - which was something I was concerned about because you can't tell by the pictures if there is room. Be sure to look at unit pics before booking. Ours had 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms with bunk beds and pull out couch in living area. We were not cramped at all, and with 4 kids there was lots of room to play and not be squeezed together. We really loved this unit and will book this exact one again in the future! Oh - the beds were AWESOME! very comfortable!!

Room Tip: Loved 1106 - be sure to look at pics - this unit overlooks the RV park but from the unit all you see...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We have been to Galveston thousands of times and stayed at numerous places. Seascape was a good find for a get away weekend. Like previous previews have stated, some condos seem to show more 'wear' than others. We rented from an individual owner off vrbo and it was a GREAT experience (rent the 2 bedroom seen on vrbo!). Just a few pointers if you decide to go... it has a great location- on the beach near the end of the seawall- however, if the weather is a little windy/high tides you won't have a beach to play on. The water goes right up to the dunes. If weather is 'normal', you should have some beach to play on. And I would suggest a condo where the balcony is facing east and not poolside. You will get the morning sun and won't be bothered by the evening 'poolside party'.

Room Tip: rent via VRBO (we loved the 2 bedroom)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
DFW, NTX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I went for a business trip in Galveston last weekend of March 30, 2012 and I took my family with me for them to relax on the beach while @ work. Looking for accommodation is something I really take seriously especially if the destination is accessorize with beaches and if you have kids that are aqua buff then you have to take note of the words the property using to describe their location to the beach. Most of the beach hotels and resorts in Galveston are located in front of the beach (some across the street and some are a bit distance from the beach). Myself on the other hand, I wish to have a hotel property that’s a “right on the beach” as possible, so it is hotel backyard gate/boardwalk/vegetation/then to sand and “it really never gets that packed” kinda property & I have NO against with pet owners and smokers but it’s just my choice. I like a property that’s NO smoking and NO pets allowed. We went looking @ the west end side where the laid back part of the GALVESTON island & most of the award winning condos are located. And can’t tell how they really are in the pictures, I went to check online consumer’s review and recommended. Seascape Condos by AB Sea Sales and Rentals Inc. have a pretty good reviews than the rest so, I chose it and booked (online). Take note that when you rent a condo, it is very important to do your assignment and have good research as each unit is individually (privately) owned. The word “newly renovated” vs. “completely renovated “really help in looking @ what’s in the pictures and the comment(s) of the past guests that rented it. Make sure that the unit is well maintained. Check the property layout to know where your unit is located. Specially, if the view is important to you. Do not expect the condo property like your typical hotel or resort suites. Usually, condos do not have staff after business hours except guards. Most guests comes late than usual time for check-ins so, the guard also serve & does minimal “front desk” job stuff for instructions and room keys then, you just go check in formally the next day when the front office opened. Bring your consumable items, as they are not replenished during your stay. You need to know the property regulations when it comes to parking (e.g. how many cars allowed per unit). Bed sheets & pillow cases, towels, & bath mat are not changed during your stay. My husband said that I have brought our kitchen/bathroom with us but hey, it made our stay there @ peace and comfortable. So, I brought our own shampoo, conditioner, bath soap, lotions, bath & swimming towels, sanitizer/wipes, one roll of toilet paper and paper towel, paper plates (small & regular size), disposable cups & silver wares, medium size Ziploc bags, and it would not hurt to bring your own laundry soap/dry sheets if ever you stay more than 2 nights, sunscreen or maybe insect repellant, camera, beach umbrella, folding chairs, and beach toys. The stuff are okay to bring if you are driving, of course, duh. Oh, well, the island have WALMART within 5-7 minutes & IHOP if you do not want to make breakfast. Seascape Condos is great because it is clean and well maintained property. I love their location right on the beach but a bit distance from the noise of the town. I like their restrictions when it comes to safety. Upon arrival if you see any problem(s) with the room notify them immediately to avoid being charge to your account (you never know what the last guests did). Each unit has a bunk bed. And I love the unit that we rented. We got a one bedroom and a bathroom. Our unit was so perfect for a family of four (2 adults & 2 kids). One more thing, when you are renting a condo or a villa. Treat the property like your own as you are requested to be considerate (we should be) like throw your trash and load/run the dishwasher with the dirty dishes (if you use the kitchen stuff & they provide you with one tablet of dishwasher detergent) and if you have a left over food take it out from the refrigerator before you depart. If you have a problem dealing with any of this then, I would suggest you go to your Holiday Inns or La Quintas.

Room Tip: Condos are not the same as your typical hotel or resort suites. Here you will be requested to be con...
Magnolia Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Several units have been renovated after the hurricane and it's a great thing. The place is older but has always been well maintained. We recently stayed this last weekend in March. I noticed another review that mentioned the policy about parking. It looks like they stayed during spring break which is obviously a very busy time. The Seascape has a very strict parking policy and they state that on their website..... "KNOW THE PARKING REGULATIONS... MAKE ARRANGEMENTS AHEAD OF TIME IN CASE PERMITS ARE UNAVAILABLE FOR ADDITIONAL VEHICLES." I called ahead but they told me I needed to talk to the attendant who controls all of the parking passes. Just in case I wasn't able to get an extra one, I made a plan B. Fortunately we were fine as the condo wasn't booked up which allowed plenty of parking for us. FYI...always plan ahead for anything and read all the policies on vacation websites.

As far as our unit, number 2222, it was great. Comfortable beds, a king and the bunks. Feather downs on the bunks which made one of my kiddos itchy. I'd like to warn the owner that it isn't good for kids with allergies to dress a bed with feathers. But we just adjusted what we needed to while he slept and all was fine; for us anyway. The unit is not the biggest of places. The king bed filled the little room and left more of a "squeezway" instead of a walkway around the bed. In my opinion, the comfortable mattress made up for that immensely. It's not often you find a privately owned condo with comfy beds. The living and kitchen has plenty of seating for a family of 4. The new cabinetry in this unit is very nice. They give you a full size range and microwave which proves to be a bit too big in it's space. But again....it's a full size range and micro so you can cook a whole meal easily. So it's worth it to me in that aspect.

There is no washer and dryer in this unit but there are coin operated machines on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Just ask someone if you need help finding them. The staff was very friendly to us. The security attendant was very friendly.

We only stayed a weekend so if you stay longer you'll need to stock your paper products, toiletries and maybe some dish soap. There are quality dishes and eating utensils. We didn't use the coffee pot so I can't comment on that.

The sofa and chair in the living area are convertible, so an extra guest does have a place to sleep if needed. I think the room limits you to 6 people.

This unit has wall mounted hgtv's and wifi. Everything is very modern unlike some of the other units where they have older furnishings and appliances. Everything was comfortable and well thought out.

Pool and hot tub downstairs is great. The private beach was not crowded which was great. I felt safe because of the strict security policies. It is an overall great place for families.

Room Tip: Unit 2222 is very nice and modern. Look closely at all the units on the website to choose which one...
Godley, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband, children and I just spent Spring Break at the SeaScape and absolutely loved our time there. We had a 2 bedroom with a view of the ocean (#2113) and it was great. The kids loved waking up every morning and sitting on the patio to listen to the waves. We went down to the pool a few times and it was very nice. With kiddos, I have to make sure we book a condo that fits us all(there are 8 of us) and that I can cook in and wash our clothes. This condo was just renovated and allowed us plenty of room and we had a washer and dryer which is a HUGE plus for us.
My husband and I were already discussing booking our next family trip to SeaScape just because its nto very often that we cand find a condo, that is within our budget, and that meets all our needs.
Thank you SeaScape for meeting our expectations being 1st timers!!!! The husband, kids and I will definately be back!!!!!

Room Tip: Ocean Side was amazing for our kiddos :)
Sherman, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We rented a condo for 6 people. After a several hour drive that took seven hours for us to get here. We were told sorry, you can only park one car. I was told I need to find some where else to park my other vehicle or it will be towed. I was told to go to the camp ground next door and pay for a camp site to park my car (during spring break nothing was available). The sad thing is that there were many open parking spots. The owner got involved and was extremely rude and told me it is not his problem.This our our tenth year to stay here. We will never come back. Apparently they think it is acceptable to ruin a family vacation.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Nacogdoches, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed in seascape 2 nights over spring break, 2 adults, 3 tweens & 2yrs. The location was perfect for close beach access. The condo was nice clean updated, tile on floors except the bedroom which I would rather all tile. This particular rental does not have internet #1118, I overloooked that when I was booking. The patio is large, patio furniture needs updating. We all enjoyed ourself the only draw back was I should have booked for the entire week. The pools are nice a large with hot tub , small 1.5 childrens pool & adult only hot tub, grounds are supper clean. We will definatly be returning and also considering purchaing in the future. oops forgot the sofa sleeper was the only negative thing matress was not comfortable, it needs to be replaced. You could feel the springs , very uncomfortable. The double bed & bunk beds were comfortable, need new pillows.

Room Tip: I viewed the pics I feel it helped. Book online to save more.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Seascape Condominium Rentals? Share your experiences!