“We Love This Place” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Seascape Condominium Rentals to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Expedia.com
Seascape Condominium Rentals
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   10811 San Luis Pass Road, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Magnolia Texas
“We Love This Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Several units have been renovated after the hurricane and it's a great thing. The place is older but has always been well maintained. We recently stayed this last weekend in March. I noticed another review that mentioned the policy about parking. It looks like they stayed during spring break which is obviously a very busy time. The Seascape has a very strict parking policy and they state that on their website..... "KNOW THE PARKING REGULATIONS... MAKE ARRANGEMENTS AHEAD OF TIME IN CASE PERMITS ARE UNAVAILABLE FOR ADDITIONAL VEHICLES." I called ahead but they told me I needed to talk to the attendant who controls all of the parking passes. Just in case I wasn't able to get an extra one, I made a plan B. Fortunately we were fine as the condo wasn't booked up which allowed plenty of parking for us. FYI...always plan ahead for anything and read all the policies on vacation websites.

As far as our unit, number 2222, it was great. Comfortable beds, a king and the bunks. Feather downs on the bunks which made one of my kiddos itchy. I'd like to warn the owner that it isn't good for kids with allergies to dress a bed with feathers. But we just adjusted what we needed to while he slept and all was fine; for us anyway. The unit is not the biggest of places. The king bed filled the little room and left more of a "squeezway" instead of a walkway around the bed. In my opinion, the comfortable mattress made up for that immensely. It's not often you find a privately owned condo with comfy beds. The living and kitchen has plenty of seating for a family of 4. The new cabinetry in this unit is very nice. They give you a full size range and microwave which proves to be a bit too big in it's space. But again....it's a full size range and micro so you can cook a whole meal easily. So it's worth it to me in that aspect.

There is no washer and dryer in this unit but there are coin operated machines on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Just ask someone if you need help finding them. The staff was very friendly to us. The security attendant was very friendly.

We only stayed a weekend so if you stay longer you'll need to stock your paper products, toiletries and maybe some dish soap. There are quality dishes and eating utensils. We didn't use the coffee pot so I can't comment on that.

The sofa and chair in the living area are convertible, so an extra guest does have a place to sleep if needed. I think the room limits you to 6 people.

This unit has wall mounted hgtv's and wifi. Everything is very modern unlike some of the other units where they have older furnishings and appliances. Everything was comfortable and well thought out.

Pool and hot tub downstairs is great. The private beach was not crowded which was great. I felt safe because of the strict security policies. It is an overall great place for families.

Room Tip: Unit 2222 is very nice and modern. Look closely at all the units on the website to choose which one...

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Godley, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband, children and I just spent Spring Break at the SeaScape and absolutely loved our time there. We had a 2 bedroom with a view of the ocean (#2113) and it was great. The kids loved waking up every morning and sitting on the patio to listen to the waves. We went down to the pool a few times and it was very nice. With kiddos, I have to make sure we book a condo that fits us all(there are 8 of us) and that I can cook in and wash our clothes. This condo was just renovated and allowed us plenty of room and we had a washer and dryer which is a HUGE plus for us.
My husband and I were already discussing booking our next family trip to SeaScape just because its nto very often that we cand find a condo, that is within our budget, and that meets all our needs.
Thank you SeaScape for meeting our expectations being 1st timers!!!! The husband, kids and I will definately be back!!!!!

Room Tip: Ocean Side was amazing for our kiddos :)
Sherman, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We rented a condo for 6 people. After a several hour drive that took seven hours for us to get here. We were told sorry, you can only park one car. I was told I need to find some where else to park my other vehicle or it will be towed. I was told to go to the camp ground next door and pay for a camp site to park my car (during spring break nothing was available). The sad thing is that there were many open parking spots. The owner got involved and was extremely rude and told me it is not his problem.This our our tenth year to stay here. We will never come back. Apparently they think it is acceptable to ruin a family vacation.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Nacogdoches, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed in seascape 2 nights over spring break, 2 adults, 3 tweens & 2yrs. The location was perfect for close beach access. The condo was nice clean updated, tile on floors except the bedroom which I would rather all tile. This particular rental does not have internet #1118, I overloooked that when I was booking. The patio is large, patio furniture needs updating. We all enjoyed ourself the only draw back was I should have booked for the entire week. The pools are nice a large with hot tub , small 1.5 childrens pool & adult only hot tub, grounds are supper clean. We will definatly be returning and also considering purchaing in the future. oops forgot the sofa sleeper was the only negative thing matress was not comfortable, it needs to be replaced. You could feel the springs , very uncomfortable. The double bed & bunk beds were comfortable, need new pillows.

Room Tip: I viewed the pics I feel it helped. Book online to save more.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We've been returning to Seascape for almost 5 years now because it's the only condo complex in Galveston that offers true beach access. However, a potential first-timer needs to be aware the quality of the condos vary widely and you must take care to choose condos that have been upgraded and are lovingly tended by their owners. None of them are luxurious but are perfectly suited for a family getaway, especially with small children, seeking a pool and easy beach access.

Room Tip: all rooms have great views , but if the apartment looks like it hasn't been renovated since 1985...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I would highly recommend this place along with the location is idea for the beach,swimming, fishing and walking... You are a short drive to several places to eat and histroical landmarks. I would highly recommend it......

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Spring Hill, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed here for 5 days/4 nights. 2 adults and 3 teens. The condo felt very cramped with 5 people. The condo we stayed in was not very clean either. I had to buy cleaning supplies and clean everything myself before I felt comfortable there. The area rug in the living room had so many stains on it I don't know why they even bothered to have it there. They should have it cleaned or get rid of it. The futon was also filthy and I had to cover it with a sheet so we could sit on it. The view of the RV park next door was also disappointing. I don't think the price we paid for this condo was worth it. I would not stay at this resort again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Seascape Condominium Rentals? Share your experiences!