“Fantastic staff!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Galveston Island Resort

You added Hilton Galveston Island Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Galveston Island Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5400 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Island Escape
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
“Fantastic staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times. The rooms are very nice but the people who work here are even better! So nice! They make everyone feel so special! This hotel is right on the seawall so you can walk to all restaurants and shopping with no problem!!

Room Tip: We were here during spring break. We did not hear "crazy" spring break kids. I really th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Staff and I will review your comments and work to improve our operation. i appreciate your candid remarks and have a wonderful day.
Mike Pistone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Polish first
Angleton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel itself is pretty nice. Expected a little more for the price. The rooms were a bit small and worn but clean. The staff was excellent. Location couldn't be better. The kids enjoyed the Spring Break activities. The pool was beautiful but COLD! I booked the hotel several weeks out. As it got closer to our stay and I saw we were in for cooler weather, I called to confim the pool was heated because I knew the beach would be out of question. I was assured it would be warm. The pool was not warm! It was warmer than a non heated but not warm enough to enjoy the first two cloudy days we were there. The second night the hot tub quit working as well. The last day of our stay cold water was being fed into the pool. I asked someone to turn it off which he did only for another maintenance guy to turn it back on shortly. We asked about why the pool was not warm several times to several people and were fed a line about the weather being to cold. We went next door to the San Luis for the s'mores and felt their pool. Now that is what a heated pool feels like! We will never stay here during cooler times. I'll pay a little more to have a pool my family and I can actually enjoy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is very valuable to our staff and future guests to the area. I hope to see you back very soon.
Irving, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel has a MOLD issue. I had to go to a physician, because of the MOLD. My vacation was spent taking antibiotics and steroids, because of the MOLD issue. The walls and doors are paper thin. The front desk staff have an attitude. When we left the Porter was too busy wanting a cigarette and he forgot our clothing, while he kept asking me for my vehicle keys. There was no way I would allow a smoker in my vehicle. We had to travel back over 600 miles to try and find our clothing. I phoned the front desk about our missing clothing and they told me, that I would have to wait until the next day to see if our clothing was there. I called Hilton HQ and they were told the same by the front desk staff. This is one bad Hilton Property to say the least. Shame on Hilton Properties!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Mckinney, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Loved every moment of our visit! Treated like kings and queens and I even won Hilton Honor member of the day ! Beautiful rooms, hotel, friendly staff and incredible views from the ocean view rooms. We stayed here one night before leaving for a family cruise. I'll definately be coming back again! Thank you Hilton!

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel need some work. The pool is supposed to be heated to 80 degrees, but it is freezing cold and nowhere near 80 degrees. The bathroom has areas of mold and rust. The coffee they have in the rooms is awful.
The employees are very helpful and friendly.

Stayed March 2014
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Booked our stay without knowing it was Mardi Gras in Galveston. Arrived via town car - pricey but less than a shuttle due to distance from airport. Greeted by friendly staff at the desk. We are Hilton Honor members so not sure if were given a nice room due to that or because the airlines has lost our luggage and i was upset.
Stayed on 9th floor with room facing beach. Lovely room,large compared to most hotels.
Only complaint would be the bed- way too soft but everyone has their own preference.
Ate lunch in the restaurant on site- pricey but wonderful staff.
Cruise was delayed next day due to fog- hotel would not accomodate us for a later check out other than 12 noon so many guests had to sit in their lobby until 7pm.
If we are ever in the area again would come back and stay here.

Room Tip: ask or a room in the higher tower - appears to be newer than the smaller 6 story building
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Houston, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

If you have an event at the convention center, the location of this hotel is excellent. However, the cleanliness and overall updating of the hotel is something to be desired. We were there to celebrate Mardi Gras. There was no shuttle service to the downtown area which was disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2014

Mike Pistone

Been to Hilton Galveston Island Resort? Share your experiences!