“Mold & Dirty” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Galveston Island Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Galveston Island Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Galveston Island Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5400 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Package
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, United States
“Mold & Dirty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Overall the room appeared ill kept and dirty. When I arrived I was not informed that they were working on a water pipe and I had no water. The hairdryer did not work but they did bring a new one quickly. The room assigned should not have been provided to a customer. The bathroom had mold on the walls, the wallpaper was coming apart at the seams, the carpet was stained and floor trip was missing. I could hear visitors conversations throught he walls.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Staff and I will review your comments and work to improve our operation. i appreciate your candid remarks and have a wonderful day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Dallas, TX, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The most important items -- cleanliness, comfort, and quiet -- were achieved with excellence. Temporary construction in lobby and main hall due to renovation, but should only add value to future visitors. Also, extremely convenient to Convention Center, which is right next door.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Your review is appreciated very much on Trip Advisor. I will make sure to foward your comments to our staff. Please come back and see us soon.
Have a wonderful day!
Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Everything was very good except that my room was next to the pool and noisy. Check in and out times need to be tweeked a bit to coincide with guests arriving from out of town for meetings in the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you and it was very nice meeting you. It is our cuture to get to know our guest and make their stay with us a gret experience. I appreciate you choosing us and hope to see you back in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel was extremely nice. We got a great deal using an online discount site. My guess it's for that reason that we got a room on the 1st floor without a balcony or view (other than a bush and parking lot). That was ok though because we paid a lot less than the going rate. The pool was very nice and had a hot tub and swim up bar. Also a sauna. I'm glad the weather cooperated for us that afternoon! Right across the street is a nice strip of beach. The Rainforest cafe is next door too. We were surprised when offered to sign up for the free shuttle to the cruise port the next morning. I didn't see that mentioned on the website so it was a nice bonus to not have to pay for a cab. As others have said, the staff were all extremely polite and friendly. Even though I asked for a room with a view or a balcony and got neither, I just couldn't get mad. The guys at the front entrance (bellhops I believe) made a great first impression with their eagerness to help and a nice hello and goodbye every time we left. Seems like this hotel would work well for just about every situation whether family, couples or business. I imagine it will be even nicer when the renovations are completed.

Room Tip: There's only a few rooms on the first floor. They do not have balconys (obviously) or a nice vie...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your cadid comments on Trip Advisor. We are always striving to improve so your feedback is welcomed. I will forward your review to our operational staff. I hope that you will have a nice day!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have stayed at the Galveston Hilton several times before & it has always been a nice place to stay at. This trip, it seemed like the heavy use by people wanting fun in the sun & on the beach were wearing the hotel out. The room was typical Hilton issue, but the lobby bar & pool area were showing wear & tear. The staff were all nice, but seemed sometimes harried with so many customers. We were particularly concerned about the pool area. There was so much competition for lounges, we had our personal things moved so others could get our chairs. I noticed a lot of people walking off the street through an external pool entrance. I asked about it & the waitress said that because the Hilton was owned by the same company as other beach-front hotels that their customers from the other hotels could use the Hilton pool. This bothered us from a crowding standpoint, but also from a safety standpoint. We had to watch our stuff all of the time & that took some of the desired relaxing away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is very valuable to our staff and future guests to the area. I hope to see you back very soon.
Have a great day!

Jollyville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here on October 14 for a Public Health Emergency Preparedness quarterly meeting. The service and hospitality was more than excellent. Everyone was friendly.

I asked one of the staff, who turned out to be the general manager (Mike Pistone), about a cigar store. He gave me a couple of cigars from his personal inventory for me be enjoy while I was walking on the beach.

I will definitely return to the Hilton with my family.

Room Tip: The rooms in the tower on the 6th floor and above have an excellent view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Longview, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Although this hotel was under some renovations during our stay, each staff member we saw was quite friendly and helpful. The ballrooms were enormous and had plenty of room for our conference. Great view too. The pool is beautiful! Also perfect distance from the beach.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank You, thank you, thank you. I appreciate the very nice review to Trip Advisor. I hope to see again when in the area. Have a great day!
Mike Pistone

Been to Hilton Galveston Island Resort? Share your experiences!