“Nice hotel, but getting a bit worn & too crowded” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Galveston Island Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Galveston Island Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Galveston Island Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5400 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Package
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“Nice hotel, but getting a bit worn & too crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have stayed at the Galveston Hilton several times before & it has always been a nice place to stay at. This trip, it seemed like the heavy use by people wanting fun in the sun & on the beach were wearing the hotel out. The room was typical Hilton issue, but the lobby bar & pool area were showing wear & tear. The staff were all nice, but seemed sometimes harried with so many customers. We were particularly concerned about the pool area. There was so much competition for lounges, we had our personal things moved so others could get our chairs. I noticed a lot of people walking off the street through an external pool entrance. I asked about it & the waitress said that because the Hilton was owned by the same company as other beach-front hotels that their customers from the other hotels could use the Hilton pool. This bothered us from a crowding standpoint, but also from a safety standpoint. We had to watch our stuff all of the time & that took some of the desired relaxing away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is very valuable to our staff and future guests to the area. I hope to see you back very soon.

Mike Pistone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Jollyville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here on October 14 for a Public Health Emergency Preparedness quarterly meeting. The service and hospitality was more than excellent. Everyone was friendly.

I asked one of the staff, who turned out to be the general manager (Mike Pistone), about a cigar store. He gave me a couple of cigars from his personal inventory for me be enjoy while I was walking on the beach.

I will definitely return to the Hilton with my family.

Room Tip: The rooms in the tower on the 6th floor and above have an excellent view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you and it was very nice meeting you. It is our cuture to get to know our guest and make their stay with us a gret experience. I appreciate you choosing us and hope to see you back in the future.
Longview, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Although this hotel was under some renovations during our stay, each staff member we saw was quite friendly and helpful. The ballrooms were enormous and had plenty of room for our conference. Great view too. The pool is beautiful! Also perfect distance from the beach.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank You, thank you, thank you. I appreciate the very nice review to Trip Advisor. I hope to see again when in the area. Have a great day!
Clarendon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Everything was really nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. The pool area was nicely kept, as well as the rooms. Went to have a night cap at the bar/lounge and it was nice but $5 for a beer was a little high.

Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This seawall location is a great for conventions - immediately next to the large Galveston Island Convention Center. Though an older building, it is kept clean. A/C’s work well and are a welcome change from the humidity outside. Each room has a small ocean view balcony. There are plenty of high/good quality restaurants within walking distance. Nice pool area too. Great staff courtesy during my three day stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My coworker & I stayed here for three days for a conference. Excellent customer service from the front counter & service staff in the restaurant. Staff member Tiffany from the restaurant was awesome in making sure our drinks were filled and that our food was out in a timely manner. Excellent breakfast buffet, a little high $13.99, but worth it. Room was comfortable and excellent view from our balcony! A few things that need to be addressed...when we first arrived, our water glasses were dirty and still filled with water. We contacted the front counter immediately and the staff took care of it quickly. But we noticed that the cleaning staff overseeing our room was slacking on their duties. We noticed little things such as our trash was not getting thrown out and some items not being stocked such as toilet paper. Also, shocked that the hotel does not have any first aid items handy for guests. I had another coworker who fell down and scrape her knees horribly and the front counter had only 3 Band-Aids to give her and told her she could walk down the road to a store to get first aid items. Thankfully I came upon her and took her to my room where I carry my own first aid items and was able to take care of her immediately. Overall, I had a good experience and would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony that faces the pool area, b/c you will be able to catch the beautiful sunr...
victoria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My stay was good from the moment of the courteous staff greeting me at check in to the ease of check in and check out. The Hotel was clean and safe and was updated. Very conveniently located to points of interest. The equipment worked well and you could even pay if you wanted wi-fi. Good stay.

Mike Pistone

Been to Hilton Galveston Island Resort? Share your experiences!