“Not a Resort Today” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Galveston Island Resort

You added Hilton Galveston Island Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Galveston Island Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5400 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Package
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Granbury, Texas
“Not a Resort Today”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Let me say up front, I'm staying for free, using my Hilton Honors points at the rate of 40,000 per night. All I could get for this rate was a room with 2 regular beds. Being a Hilton Honors diamond member, I hoped to upgrade to at least a King room. I was allowed to check in early, but the only room available was on the first floor near the rear entrance. I was OK with that, until the entrance was blocked off due to carpet replacement.
The weather is bad, heavy rains forecast for tonight, not the fault of the hotel. I believe there are lots of rooms empty. It would have been good business for the hotel to upgrade my wife and I to at least a king room. I requested an upgrade a couple of times, but the desk staff wasn't willing to help.
What do I want to rectify my disappointment? Nothing for myself. I just want the hotel to treat their guests special. I am disappointed with my treatment today. I may feel completely different tomorrow, if I do, I will do an update on this review.

Duane Strickland
Tolar, TX

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Greetings and Thank you! Your review is appreciated very much on Trip Advisor. I will make sure to foward your comments to our staff. We will learn from any minor prblems you encountered on your stay. Please come back and see us soon.
Mike Pistone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Brenham, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Hotel & cafe staff were very friendly & helpful, always ready with a smile. Rooms were nice & very comfortable. Great location & views.
I enjoy sitting around a lovely pool & reading, but the music was very loud & there was no way to avoid it. There was also limited shade available. The DJ was very exuberant and the music was very good, just way too loud. Background music would have been great, but blasting was ridiculous.
Kathy W.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is very valuable to our staff and future guests to the area. I hope to see you back very soon.

Oklahoma City, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

When we first arrived we were given a room that someone else was already staying in. Our 2nd room was even worse! It had a HORRIBLE sewer smell! The front desk sent the maint. man up to try and fix it, there was NO fixing it. He reccomended we change rooms however the front desk said they would not move us since they had already moved us one time.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Sugar Land, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel and I doubt there is a hotel anywhere with a better staff. The only problem we had was when we found out the hotel was owned by Landry's. Because I do not agree with the way Landry's drives out independent businesses I choose not to spend my money there.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013

Norman, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hotel staff was very friendly and greeted you even when passing you in the hall. Check in staff were very friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable but room was a little dirty. Hotel was okay and the price was good for the location and area. Pool bar would have been nice except for the bartender staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Greetings and Thank you! Your review is appreciated very much on Trip Advisor. I will make sure to foward your comments to our staff. Please come back and see us soon.
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

With both my wife and I needing a last moment retreat, we booked a Gulf-View room at the Hilton. When we arrived, we were welcomed by a bubbly, sweet young girl that got us checked in and into our room very quickly. When we needed towels the second day, the housekeeping staff was remarkably kind and quick to get us the towels. So, in regards to the hotel staff, I can say nothing but kind things! They were all wonderful.

The room itself was very spacious and appeared to have been recently updated. All of the furnishings were in great shape and the bathroom appeared to be very clean. The only problem with the room itself was the air conditioner housing. It appears as though work had recently been done on the unit, leaving the carpet in the corner of the room pulled up and wood sticking all kinds of directions from under the air conditioner. Having said that, though, the air conditioner blew VERY cold.

For those that enjoy afternoon naps, I do advise you to bring ear plugs. The music from the pool was so incredibly loud that I could feel it all the way on the 5th floor. It was this way from about 12PM-6PM without there being an lulls. Luckily, the air conditioner and TV did a pretty good job in drowning it out.

All in all, it was a great little trip. The view from the room was wonderful and the hotel is greatly located on the sea wall.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Plain and simple. For someone who has worked in the service industry, these folks just get it. From the front desk folks to the valets to the room service staff ...everyone makes you feel special.would recommend for anyone looking for a special fun time!

Room Tip: Kids camp for those with children is fantastic..