“This is a nice place with good service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Galveston Island Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Galveston Island Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Galveston Island Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5400 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Package
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
San Antonio
“This is a nice place with good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I utilized many of the services offered on the property from the bar, restaurant, pool, gym, to the valet parking. Everyone on staff that my wife and I encountered was friendly and helpful.

The valet parking was quick and worth far more than the $10.00 fee.

The bar and restaurant both did not disappoint, and the gym was useful and the pool and hot tub were nice.

Best of all, the beach is right across the street!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your posting to Trip Advisor. Your positive comments mean alot to our staff as well as travelers coming to the area looking for a nice place to stay. I hope to see you sonn if coming to Galveston.
Mike Pistone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton in Galveston prior to a Caribbean cruise in January. We were early and our room was not quite ready, so we sat in the bar and had an incredible Kahlua coffee. Our room was on the 5th floor with a fantastic Gulf view. Comfortable beds, good TV. On Sunday morning, we had breakfast in the hotel's restaurant and it was excellent.

Room Tip: Try for an ocean view. The hotel is far enough off Seawall to keep the noise level down and the view...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Magnolia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our stay was great! The Pool was perfect temp. the spa very relaxing, close to wonderful dinining, and the Hotel Breakfast Buffet was great! Room service very prompt, and the dinner that was delivered to our room was delicious!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We went the last 4 of July 3 days 2 nights,we check in the room wasn't ready. We went to the pool to wait for it, and we went to the room after a few hrs my son try to take a shower at the bathtub and it was dirty with hair on the walls of the bath, the water plugged and coming out to the floor I call for service,they went to fix it, we miss the fireworks and the parede ( were very disappointed) and the next day on the morning before we took a shower we saw a lot of water on the floor "was from the Toilet" we call the front desk again and ask service and a bunch of towels because we use the others to put on it. We leave to eat After I come back I saw water and ask for Room change. Send my family to the pool and I LOSE AGAIN MY TIME changing room.the new room was next to the elevators, and the room for ice and groceries on the back door can you imagine all sounds from tge hallway. They just dont care, I ask for other Room and they try to charge me the difference on the other room.

• Stayed July 2013
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your concerns while staying with us at the Hilton.nI will address your feedback with staff to improve our operation.
Have a nice day.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My vacation at the Hilton was wonderful! While checking in were upgraded to an Ocean View for free! The view was perfect we could see the ocean and the pool. The room was clean and the staff was very courteous. My kids wanted to stay in the pool all day. They had games and at TV at the pool to keep the kids occupied while the adults could relax at the pool side bar. The restaurants were with in walking distance from the hotel. It was great! We'll be back again soon!

• Stayed July 2013
I appreciate the positive feedback to Trip Advisor. Your comments are a great tool for travelers thinking of coming to Galveston. I will pass on your review to staff.
Have a wonderful day!
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our stay at the Hilton Galveston Resort was excellent. The entire staff from House Keeping, Valet Parking, Bellhops, Front Desk and Guest Services were very very nice and friendly. The restaurant was very good as were the waitresses. The rooms were immaculate and they provided a refrigerator , at no cost, for my insulin. It had an over all A ++ rating. I would stay there again in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Front part had side views and balconies but the back wing faced full on to the beach. Rooms were ve...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of your time at the Hilton. I along with my staff appreciate the comments posted to Trip Advisor. Your feedback weighs in the decision making of other travlers to the area.
Please accept my thanks and have a great day!
Galveston Island, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have never stayed at a Hilton before and this was a pampering, exclusive experience. It was truly very nice. The only complaint I would say is you have to pay for WIFI unless you go to the lobby. I need to do schoolwork and to have to pay for WIFI, I thought was ridiculous. It was a rip-off. But everything else was great.

Room Tip: The view to the water is wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my thanks and have a great day!
Mike Pistone

Been to Hilton Galveston Island Resort? Share your experiences!