“Peaceful, comforting, only problem is unsupervised kids every where in hot tub and sona. Probably because they are both amazing ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Galveston Island Resort

You added Hilton Galveston Island Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Galveston Island Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5400 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Package
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

It's a good place to have your anniversary, or any romantic stay. I highly recommend this hotel for its abundant quality and service. If you choose any other hotel in Galveston you are a fool because other hotels are much more expensive. This hotel is not only affordable but you get more than what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I appreciate your review, Your comments are very valuable to our staff and our future guests. Please come back again. Have a great day!
Mike Pistone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I love the special touches in the rooms. Magnified make up mirrors, loofa sponges, great shampoo and products. Bed is soooo comfortable. Housekeeping wasn't interested in straightening our room at a later time for us. A little attitude issue there. At the pool you have to drink the hotels overpriced beverages, can't bring your own drinks in. plus the pool closes pretty early.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Very nice hotel and close to beach and dining. Located adjacent to the convention center is a plus for convention travelers. Be aware hotel does not allow coolers inside. Also upgrade to room with better bedding worth the cost.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hackettstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Hilton Galveston on Memorial Day. We were vacationing from New Jersey. The staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs. This was especially true in light of the fact we checked out and left one of my wife's jackets behind. We discovered her loss upon our return home. I called the Hilton in hopes the jacket had been found. Hilton housekeeping has charge of their lost and found items. A most helpful housekeeper found my wife's jacket and the Hilton is mailing it to us. I offered the housekeeper a gratuity which she quickly refused. I was both pleased and impressed. The service at this Hilton continued long after our departure. I will always recommend this Hilton to travelers in the Galveston, Texas area.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I appreciate the positive review to Trip Advisor. We know your comments are important to our staff as well as other travelers looking to stay in this area.
I wish you a GREAT day!
Baton Rouge, La
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This Hilton is actually considered part of a larger San Luis resort area; but it is not what I would expect from the term "resort". I do think that is slightly misleading. It is simply a Hotel.
Other than that; it is in a great location with the beach, a fishing pier, grocery store, restaurants all walking distance from the hotel. The Convention Center is right next door if in town for something there.
The pool has a walk up or swim up bar; makes for a nice atmosphere. The music that plays over the speakers leaves a lot to be desired. Very non-descript and at times, slightly annoying. Some pop or current tunes would be a little more pool area friendly, in my opinion.
The weight room is lacking completely. Yes, there is some equipment; but it is no more than a home gym. And very apparently a make shift area has been converted to the gym.
The staff is what makes this place fantastic. Chris, out at the pool area seems to really enjoy his job and interacting with the guests. The boys thought he was the greatest thing ever and he was very friendly to the boys; who I was concerned were getting to be a bother. He assured me they were no issue to him; and he enjoyed talking to them.
Others, who include cleaning staff and front desk personnel were also very nice, but I don't have their names. I would like to shout out to Kendra; who is the sweetest ever. We had attempted to use the 1st floor coke machine and it would not give us a drink, despite accepting our money. Kendra was walking by and I asked her who we should call the attention to, of this situation. Kendra immediately walked us to the front desk, gave my husband and I complimentary water; advised others of the machine problem. We later ran into Kendra and she again ensured we were satisfied and okay with the situation. The following day, she saw we were leaving and was sure to speak and wish us safe travels. Such a sweetheart!
I would stay here again; although I am a Hilton Honors member, I booked through Expedia and was able to get a great rate.

Room Tip: I don't know that I would find it necessary to choose a gulf view room; and would be a little co...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive review to Trip Advisor. We know your comments are important to our staff as well as other travelers looking to stay in this area.
I wish you a wonderful day!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Although my room had a view of the parking lot, I loved everything else about this hotel. I was on the first floor, so I did not have to worry about waiting for the elevator, and because my room was by the parking lot; I parked right at the door with quit & easy access to my car. The AC in the room worked great. The staff was excellent, very friendly, and helpful, and because of that I found myself giving even better tips than I normally give. The convention center was right next door. All the stores that I needed to go to were two to three blocks from the hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a ocean view if possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
I appreciate your positive review of your stay with us. Please come back again real soon Your comments influence other travelers coming to the area so we thank you.
Have a great day!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've stayed at Hilton Hotels in many cities,but this one was an exception to the rule. The staff was all smiles all the time and very friendly and very polite. It all starts from the outside at the front entrance until you get to your room.Very clean up to date Hotel.It was very comforting to know that the employees there really love and care about what they do and take every step to make you really feel welcome.(All employees). Kroger store on one side of Hotel and two fine resturants on the other side, all in walking distance. When I go back to Galveston,the Hilton Island Resort is the place for me.
It's like a home away from home!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Have a great day!
Mike Pistone

Been to Hilton Galveston Island Resort? Share your experiences!