Stayed 1 night while traveling along the Gulf of Mexico.
Our room was bright & cheery, even though it was not decorated with the current trend in hotel rooms. We had a view of the Gulf, which really means we looked at the parking lot, pool, busy street & then the Gulf.
After a day of driving, we went to the pool. The pool was super COLD, so cold I did not go in. With the hotel being a "resort" - - why was the pool not heated??!!
Enjoyed a walk along the beach & seawall.
Next door to a few restaurants including the Rainforest Café.
Overall, we thought Galveston looked interesting. The drive to the south has some very pretty housing areas. Looks like a fun summer area - -
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Galveston Island Hotel Galveston
- Hilton Galveston Island Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Galveston
- Hilton Galveston
- Galveston Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at Hilton Galveston Island Resort and enjoy a premier oceanfront location overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Situated on the historic Seawall Boulevard at the 32-acre San Luis Resort, this Galveston hotel is within close walking distance of the beach, fishing piers, shopping and restaurants. Relax in a cozy guest room with elegant, ocean-inspired decor and marvel at breathtaking sea views form a private balcony, or choose a suite with separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Amex, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Otel, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Hilton Galveston Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.