“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Galveston Island Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Galveston Island Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Galveston Island Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5400 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Pleasure Pier Pkg
Ranked #13 of 49 hotels in Galveston
San Jose, California
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Full time business traveler: I will start off with saying I like this hotel. It is directly across the street from the beach (it is along the street that runs a long way directly adjacent to the beach). From my balcony I overlooked the pool/hot tub, It looked very nice - very much a beach resort type, lush, large pool area. We didn't get a chance to use it as the weather was as cold as it probably ever gets in Galveston yet I still admired it from my vantage point.
Parking was ample. While I didn't end up using Valet the valet staff was super friendly. The front desk area is nice, not opulent, but nice. The front desk staff was also super friendly. The bellman was friendly and helpful..
The room itself was quite nice, relatively spacious for this type/location hotel, very comfy bed, good video/audio (not a lot of channels though), good shower (bathroom is small-ish), internet was at best ok though, decor and feel to it was quite good. I enjoyed and recommend having opting for a balcony room (even with cooler weather) and it was interesting to see the building across the parking lot doing its fire eruption in the evening.
My one experience I would say that was not above average was a dessert order to go in the restaurant. Not bad but response was not what i would consider warm and friendly, however, it wasn't something that was off putting either (probably shouldn't even mention it).
There are lots of food options along the street the Hilton is on (you will definitely not lack for good choices to eat) as well as many close options for market place items.
I definitely recommend this hotel for a nice stay across from the beach with a very nice pool offering, friendly staff, comfy rooms.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Hilton property. I appreciate and will share your comments with staff. Please consider us for your future stays.

749 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Marquette, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

If you must come to Galveston, I would highly recommend the Hilton Hotel. Though it may be a bit pricey, I found the property to be clean, very bright, and wonderful facilities and services. The room have plenty of space, most over looking the Gulf, a very nice pool and fitness center, and their dining room has very good food. Plus, if you are catching a cruise here in Galveston, the hotel provides free shuttle service to the ship, a savings of $20 or so. Book early because the hotel is right next to the Galveston Convention Center and fills up fast when a conference/convention is in town.

Room Tip: Book early if you plan to come to Galveston.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and the location can't be beat. Directly across the street lies Galveston beach and the sea wall and there is a wide variety of restaurants, shops, and bars within walking distance. The staff is overwhelmingly helpful and friendly and the bartender was delightful. The rooms were ok. There was a bit of dirt behind the bathroom door in my room, an the tv didn't work, but I didn't mind since I wasn't planning on watching tv or eating off the floor in the bathroom. The food in the bar/restaurant was disappointing. I had a bland gumbo and some gummy pasta while my business partner had some overly cooked, dry fish. We bolstered our spirits with some extra drinks though and weren't too bothered. If ou stay here, enjoy the rooms, the lobby, the pool, and the view, but plan on dining elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, I was a little leery of booking this hotel. I am a hotel aficionado...and very hard to please. I don't have one single bad thing to say. The rooms were clean and very nice. The bathroom had good lighting and was very clean. (Even the balcony, chairs and table were clean!) The staff is truly amazing. Someone had broken a beer bottle in the hallway by the stairs. We told one of the housekeepers and she immediately stopped what she was doing and went and cleaned it up. I don't think I saw one staff member that wasn't smiling. The lobby is nice and inviting. The bartender at the swim up bar on Thursday was great. She was quick and very pleasant to talk to. (Wednesday's bartender was a little slow...but very nice.) We had great appetizers by the pool and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Parking, pool towels, waiters and waitresses, drinks, and help were readily available anytime we needed anything. Very impressed. We will be staying there again. Definitely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Great to hear your stay was good. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property.
I will share your comments with my staff. Please consider us for future stays when in the area.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed during the spring break "madness" and the staff managed to do a great job at keeping the hotel, lobby, and pool area very clean and the service at times was slower but the entire staff was working very hard and super friendly. Our room was your average hotel room you would expect from a Hilton...nice and clean. What really made our stay however was the staff...everyone from the front desk, bar tender, bellman, waiters and restaurant staff really took the time to make sure everything was perfect and they were always fast, friendly, and attentive. They not only treated us that way..but I saw how they treated our 12 year old son while I was sitting in the lobby and he went up to ask for a soda at the lobby bar and for some brochures at the front desk....the staff gave him the same greeting and service that they would to an arriving dignitary. Its great to stay at a place where everyone treats you so well and the hotel and amenities are clean and all functioning. Also...the location is excellent...right on the seawall and near some great places to eat and the price we paid for our stay was a bargain for the quality of the experience.

Room Tip: ask for a room on higher floors in order to get a beach view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on Trp Advisor. I will pass on your review to our staff.Please consider the Hilton Galveston in the future when in the area. Have a great day!
Colorado Springs, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel prior to departing for a cruise out of Galveston. The location is directly across from the beach. The day we stayed, Sat. March 2, 2013 if was very cold and windy so did not walk on the beach. Although we did not take advantage of the beautiful pool, I understand from other guests that is was a heated pool and very pleasant.
We stayed in a King Balcony room that was comfortable. The only complaint is that the sliding door had a leaky seal and the wind noise was very annoying. My husband, being very handy, figured out how to block the wind around the door. Otherwise it would have been a very sleepless night.
The front desk staff and bellmen were excellent. Friendly, courteous and helpful with advice on getting the shuttle to the cruise port. The shuttle staff were very organized and efficient at loading the shuttle and getting us to the port in record time. The hotel provides free transport to the cruiseship. Although we did not bring our vehicle, I understand you could park in their longterm lot for no extra fee, while you were on the cruise.
There is a restaurant on site that we took advantage of. The food quality was very good, and we enjoyed our waiter. He had a great sense of humor. The Rainforest Cafe and IHOP are very conveniently located within a very short walk.

Room Tip: If you get a balcony room, try to get one facing the beach. The ones on the other side get a lot of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on Trp Advisor. I will pass on your review to our staff. Have a great day!
Sugar Land, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice. Once, as a dating couple on a romatic weekend getaway; the second, as a newly-engaged couple (he proposed in the hotel room!). The first stay was nicer, even though the second came with an added bonus! The first stay was in the shorter tower on the 6th -the top- floor (how's that for feeling important?). I loved the balcony, which overlooked the pool and had a great angle of the beach. Breakfast in the restaurant was great.

Our second room was not as nice as the first and we were disappointed to realize, upon arrival, that it was a handicapped-accessible room. We called downstairs and after 30 minutes of trying to get moved to a different room (we were told the hotel was fully booked) we decided to suck it up and stay. The worst part about that whole experience, other than feeling awkward in the shower with the rails, was that the elevator for the second tower is about a mile out of the way from the center of the hotel.

I give the Average rating because, although my first impression was that this is a beautiful hotel, I took a couple points off after the second stay.

Room Tip: Get a beach view, stay in the first (shorter) tower! If you don't get a beach view your alternat...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike PIstone

Been to Hilton Galveston Island Resort? Share your experiences!