“Beautiful view!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hilton Galveston Island Resort to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Hilton Galveston Island Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5400 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Package
Ranked #16 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Magnolia, Texas
“Beautiful view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had a room on the 7th floor looking out to the ocean as well as the pool. It is December but the kids still went swimming in the pool. And my husband and kids went in the jacuzzi as well. They really enjoyed it. The restaurant in the hotel was expensive as always but had decent food and the service was great AND friendly. The rooms...well...the beds were entirely too small. They really were double beds. I think all hotel rooms need to have queens vs doubles but that is my opinion. They do not have rollaways but they did provide us with an air mattress for my 3rd child. When we needed more towels they were very prompt in their response. The biggest complaint came from husband. When he made the reservation he specifically asked if they had a shuttle service to take us to the Festival of Lights. They acknowledged that they did in fact have a shuttle that would take us anywhere on the island. Upon arrival however, we were informed that the only shuttle service they provide is to the cruise ship terminal. My husband was not happy. But other than the beds and the shuttle, it was very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to post review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and will share them with staff. You have a GREAT HOLIDAYS and back soon!

818 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

First, there was mold all over the walls and the ceiling, and mildew in the showers. Bad first impression. Second, when we checked out we packed all of our bags and and placed them on the bed. We leave the room for about ten minutes and when we return, there was a house keeper in the room. She was near the corner of the bed next to my wife's opened purse. She yelled, "House keeping, house keeping!" She then tells us she is there just to check the air conditioner. She looks at the a/c and hurries out past us, saying, "I am a supervisor, housekeeping supervisor." And flashes her badge quickly as she left. Her demeanor was very suspicious. I saw that my wife's purse was open. We checked and one of her credit cards was missing. We turned over the room, just in case we misplaced it. We called the front desk and they sent the M.O.D. She spoke with the house keeping supervisor, who denied anything. She also said that they would conduct their own investigation and that I should contact them to find out the outcome when we returned from our cruise. When we returned, no one knew anything about the situation. We were the "crazy" guests making things up. The next day we get a call, at my request, from the day M.O.D. Who only tells me that they don't know anything about the situation and that my card had not been turned in. And as far as their own "investigation" they don't divulge any of that information with guests. My recomendation is to find another place to stay, where there is not mold all over the walls, and where you are treated with respect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
I appreciate your comments. I will address your review with staff. Thank you for staying and hope that your stays are a better experiences in the future. Happy Holidys.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were only in town one night for a special occassion and really wanted to stay at the Tremont, but it was all booked. We were able to reserve a room here for a very reasonable price. At check-in, I realized we were going to be on the first floor and I anticipated it being very loud. There were lots of large groups milling around the lobby. Luckily, I was wrong. The room was very quiet despite also facing the busy parking lot. The room was clean and the toiletries were excellent. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
I appreciate your comments you posted to Trip Advisor. I will certainly share your posting with our staff. I hope to see you when visiting Galveston in the future.
Blue Springs, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed here one night before leaving for a cruise. We came early so they kept our baggage for us while we walked on the beach and got to swim in the pool. It was very nice and quiet. The rooms were clean and spacious. I felt safe parking our car in their lot and the hotel staff were very nice and sweet. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews of your stay here at the Hilton Galveston.
Please consider us for your future stays to the area. Happy Holidays!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had hoped to rent a room at the San Luis or the Tremont House, but they were booked. We were extremely pleased with the clean room, comfortable surroundings and the attentive and friendly staff. Comfortable beds!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I want to thank you for your overview of your latest stay at our property. I appreciate your comments and will share them with staff.
In closing I want to wis you a Happy Holidays!
San antonio TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here in December during Dickens on the Strand. Hotel was very clean, staff was very nice and super helpful. Beds were doubles, not queens -- a little cozy for 4 women. Room was spacious, bathroom was very nice. Plenty of plugs and mirrors for everyone to get ready. Great view of beach and gorgeous pool from our room! Only drawbacks -- no free breakfast and no free wifi. Requested fridge and it was delivered to our room before we could even get our things from the car. Feel of a very high-end hotel at a reasonable rate!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
My gratitude goes out to you for your comments that you posted on Trip Advisor. I will share you review with staff at out next meeting. Please remember us when in the area and have a Happy Holidays!
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We enjoyed our stay, service was good and the location was good for our purposes. Nice rooms and the view from our room was nice. Our kids enjoyed the pool. The valet parking was very good. Will stay again if the need arises.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I want to personally thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. i hope to see you soon and Happy Holidays!
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hilton Galveston Island Resort? Share your experiences!