On first impression was a little concerned about this hotel, with it's out side poor and bar which were both busy we thought we'd selected a party type hotel, however it proved during our stay not to be the case. We weren't disturbed at all by other guests, or by parties, or drunks.
The actual hotel itself was fine, maybe not quite up to the top Hilton standard but no complaints, room was clean, staff were friendly and helpful. We didn't eat or drink in the hotel can't comment on that side. We also got a nice sea view from our room which was great.
Location as many have stated is excellent on the seawall but more to the quieter end. It was an easy drive to most attractions, but like most of the USA a car is a necessity to get around.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Galveston Island Hotel Galveston
- Hilton Galveston Island Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Galveston
- Hilton Galveston
- Galveston Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at Hilton Galveston Island Resort and enjoy a premier oceanfront location overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Situated on the historic Seawall Boulevard at the 32-acre San Luis Resort, this Galveston hotel is within close walking distance of the beach, fishing piers, shopping and restaurants. Relax in a cozy guest room with elegant, ocean-inspired decor and marvel at breathtaking sea views form a private balcony, or choose a suite with separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, Hotels.com, Amex, Olotels, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Galveston Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.