“Great Location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Galveston Island Resort

You added Hilton Galveston Island Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Galveston Island Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5400 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Package
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Ft. Worth, TX
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We really enjoyed this hotel... it's about as on the beach as any hotel with a crosswalk close by to get across busy Seawall Blvd. The Rainforest Cafe is next door and it looked really cool. Has a volcano!

Check-in was smooth at 7:45 after a really bad drive down 45 from Houston... DON'T do this drive on a Friday evening after work. Just don't. Room was 2nd floor with ocean view...next time I would probably spend the extra $$ for a balcony. Definitely for a higher floor. But it was fine for less than 24 hours. Bathroom was great... they believe in giving a girl room to work with her glamourizing tools and it's appreciated. Beds were fine, things appeared clean.

On the down side...Hilton hotels proper are irritating because they charge for almost everything or make it more difficult to travel. Small fridge, more hooks to hang wet things on, free wi-fi (especially for HHonors of ALL levels), breakfast would be helpful. They're already more expensive than their other brands like Hampton, Garden and even Embassy Suites, how about a few freebies?

Great pool here...the boys really loved it. All in all a great few hours and we would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Go higher floor, spring for the balcony if staying more than one night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review of the Hilton Galveston. Your comments are very valuable to our staff and will be shared immeadiately. I hope that you will choose our property the next time you are in the area.
Mike Pistone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Corpus Christi, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed two nights as part of a group event. The lobby and pool area, as well as public areas in general, are beautiful and well-kept. The room itself wasn't above average. Internet access was not available free of charge, and in our room there was only decaf coffee both days, though the second time we were able to get some regular coffee from the staff. The buffet that was part of the group event was quite good though, far better than such buffets often are. As a location for the event, it was quite good. Simply as a place to stay when visiting Galveston, we wouldn't have been very impressed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Hilton. Your feedback is most important to how we manage the needs of our guests. Please consider the Galveston Hilton when visiting in this area.
Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Very nice hotel but was a little disappointed that I found a glob of hair in the bathroom and part of the carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed. However, the bed was comfortable and the linens clean. The hotel staff was very nice upon check-in.

We booked this hotel in particular because it offered free cruise parking but the free parking was actually located next door at the San Luis Hotel. The free shuttle couldn't take us to the cruise ship until 11:30 and we wanted to get there at 9:00 so we ended up callling a cab. By paying for the cab both ways, it negated any savings we had from the "free parking" perk.

The outdoor pool area was very nice and inviting. We had a little party out there at night and it was very relaxing. It was a nice location with an IHOP and Kroger within walking distance. I would stay there again because I have a feeling the housekeeping issue was probably an isolated incident.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to post to Trip Advisor. I will forward your comments to the approiate departments. Please consider the Galveston Island Hilton when visiting the area in the future.
Mike pistone
mckinney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I thought the staff was not very warm or extra helpful. The room was clean, but not up to date. I thought it had been remodeled. The bathroom was small and the tub was not well maintained. For the price it is not what i expected. The elevators are slow and noisy. The pool is nice. It is in walking distance of landrys and ihop which i hoped would be outstanding, but the food at landrys was not good quality and ihop had employees eating breakfast next to me. I had not been to galveston in 25 years and it hasnt changed much. There is a town just north of here called kemah that is a much better hangout, the boardwalk, the restaraunts the shops are exceptional. This is the place to go, the salt grass was great and the amusement park is really cool.

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony and view of the ocean are ok, pool side is the best, but you have a sideway...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I appreciate you giving me your overview of your stay and observations of the area concerning the Landry products. Your comments are important to our operation and any way we can improve our service is welcomed!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I took this trip to propose to my fiancee. I had never stayed at a Hilton before, and the price was just slightly out of our budget but we decided to splurge, and oh man was it the best idea we ever had. I had originally booked one room with an ocean view, but upon our arrival we were told we had been upgraded to a presidential suite. I can't think Tristan enough, the young lady who upgraded us, she went well above and beyond the call of duty and made our trip one that we will never forget. Our room was breathtaking, we had three balconies that looked out onto the ocean(on the top floor!) and our bed was ridiculously comfortable. The maids were a little loud in the hallway(you could hear doors shutting in the morning when they were cleaning), but it wasn't a big deal. The pool was AMAZING, and it even had a swim up bar that opened rather early for a hotel bar. Ricardo, the main bartender, was exceptional! He was quick with drinks and he made us feel very welcome. The other two female bartenders outside, however, seemed a little disinterested and distant to the guests, but I would be too if I worked out in 100 degree weather. Later that evening I ordered room service, it was delivered fast and prompt. The crab cakes and brownie a la mode were delicious, and the young man who delivered the order was very professional. In the morning, the housekeepers greeted us with a smile and it really started our day off well. I have worked at Wyndham Hotel for six years, and I know all about the inside details of the Hospitality business, but I was blown away with the service I received from the staff, along with the beautiful decor of the hotel. This was one of the best trips we have ever been on, and I really hope Hilton acknowledges both Ricardo and Tristan, I couldn't thank them enough for making this one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. PS, my fiancee said YES!!! We will be married this November and can't wait to return to Galveston!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front, with a balcony!!! soooo worth it
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Galveston Hilton. I along with my staff take these comment very serious. Again I appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again when in this area!
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stay at Hiltons all over the country often. I must say, the staff at this Hilton are amazing. The valet here were extremely accommodating, the service in the restaurant was fantastic, and the bartenders in the lounge and the pool were friendly and fun. Our room with a balcony and view of the ocean and pool was wonderful. I can recommend this Hilton for your stay in Galveston. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: I would definitely suggest the balcony rooms with ocean and pool view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thanks for your comments posted on Trip Advisor. Our staff really try hard each and every day to give great service to all of our guests. I hope to see you back at the Hilton Galveston to experience another great experience!
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had a great time at the hotel with our family of 4. The pool with the swim up bar was amazing and our room had a wonderful view of the ocean. The staff were always helpful and friendly. The breakfast was very good at the hotel and very reasonably priced. A couple of tips: book your restaurants reservations early as they good restaurants fill up quickly and the hotel does not serve dinner. You do need to walk across a 4 lane road to the beach but it is that way with all of the hotels along this strand area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I'll pass your comments on to staff and please consider the Hilton Galveston when in the area.
Thanks again,
Mike Pistone

Been to Hilton Galveston Island Resort? Share your experiences!