“Luxuary at a Reasonable Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Galveston Island Resort

You added Hilton Galveston Island Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Galveston Island Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5400 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Package
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
East Texas
“Luxuary at a Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed one night prior to leaving on a cruise. Very nice rooms with plush bedding and robes! The products in the bathroom were of high quality. We also parked our car there at no additional charge for 7 nights while on the cruise. The shuttle was there to pick us up as soon as we exited customs.

Room Tip: Internet was only free is you were a Hilton Card member.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night after flying into Houston for a 7 day cruise. My brother and his wife picked us up at the airport (Hobby) and worked out great. We got a good discount from my bro's airline miles, so that was wonderful. Nice amenities. Great service on the park, ride and pick-up for the cruise passengers. The staff was very helpful with out bag transport and pickup from the terminal at the cruise port early. We tipped generously for that help. We were slightly disappointed that we could not get two rooms on the same floor or together and had a 2 double bed room. The hotel was full with cheerleading competitions and cruise passengers. Pool looked fine and mostly kids swimming even in 50 to 60 degree weather. Parking was OK even with a full hotel. Would stay there again.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Ok I have mixed feelings about this place. First there in a great location with a great view. There over priced and there price changed before we arrived. Which yes it can it is subject to change but we had to leave a day early thanks to that. The pool and bar is the best on the Island hot and beautifuly in fact perfect. The hotel is nice worthy of there name. Now for the rooms there tiny I mean little bitty and prking was the pits. The rooms were small and I mean small just beds and desk and Tv no room for anything. No extra bed for kids in fact they hassled me about 1 to many kids when I got there. They wanna charge for every little thing including Internet use which I think should be free. They are pretty and large and nice but not exactly worth there money if you have kids unless your adults wanting to party at the pool then this is your place. Great pool and party area. They do have kids suites but this is more of a Adult motel. Bar / Pool / feeling of sleeping with wealth and location = Great Size of Rooms / Kid friendly and worth the money= they could use work. There are bigger more kid friendly places on the island that give fridges and dont nickel and dime you to death.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Placencia, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

My wife and I had to go to Galveston to get our vehicle which had been repainted. We decided to make a mini-vacation out of it choosing the Hilton Galveston Island Resort. Having lived in Galveston in the past, we had driven by the Hilton several times and were curious as to it's amenities and services. Coming from Austin this time, we rented a car from Hertz for a one way trip. Hertz had arranged for us to drop the car off for return right at the Hilton, which made it very convenient. Upon arrival we were given a room on the fifth floor with a balcony facing the Gulf and overlooking the pool. It was great! The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The Resort itself was beautifully adorned. There is a really nice restaurant and a bar serving up delectable food and drinks. Other restaurants are within walking distance. We had a very enjoyable and relaxing time there. It was wonderful!

Room Tip: Rooms with a 2 or 4 suffix (402, 404, 502, 504, etc) overlook the pool and Gulf.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I am stayed here for work but have had bad luck in the past with other hotels when I have visited Galveston. It seems as though they have remodeled the rooms and they are updated, clean, Phillip Thomas Roth toiletries, flat screen TV. The pool (though too cold to go in) has a swim up bar with stools, but is right near the front of the hotel. There is valet parking but onsite is free. It is next to Landry's and Rainforest Cafe, so there is some decent food within walking distance. Ask for a tower room ocean view. You think that you will be stuck in the back but it is nice as it overlooks the ocean. The non tower rooms all seem to have balconies, but your views are parking lots on both sides.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room ocean view. You think that you will be stuck in the back but it is nice as it...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed here with my parents right before we went on our cruise. Our room was on the 5th floor. It has a great view of the beach. I love the beach theme in the room. The location is great. It's right next to Landry's seafood and Rainforest Cafe. Plus, it's right across from the beach. The hotel went through renovations after Hurricane Ike. It's very modern and beautiful. The staff was super nice and welcoming. I had free access to wi-fi. However, for some reason there is no wi-fi in my room. There's an ethernet cable in the room. I have an MacBook Air so I couldn't connect to the internet. Make sure you ask for a wi-fi enabled room if you really need to connect to the web.

For some reason, I couldn't find the hair dryer in the bathroom. Apparently, it is stashed in the closet just fyi. The hotel has valet parking for $10. It's unlimited which I find very convenient. The breakfast buffet is very very good. There are a lot of healthy options.

My only complaint about this hotel is the A/C unit in my room. It was the LOUDEST unit I've ever heard. I couldn't sleep very well, but if I turned it off it was super cold in the room. If you are very sensitive to noise like I am, make sure to check the A/C unit before unpacking your luggage. I'm sure they'll be able to find you another room. I should have done that before settling in.

As for cruisers like myself, this hotel offers free parking while you're away in a very safe parking lot. They also offer a shuttle to the port. It is very convenient. Make sure you tell the valet guys when you arrive that you'll be going on a cruise. They have a list, and they will give you a time that the shuttle departs the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have stayed at this property several times and had a great time each year. The pool area is beautiful, and the bartenders are great. They tend to book out for proms, collegiate Greek events, etc. It seems each of the times I have been there, there has been a massive group there, so it can be boisterous, but rooms are well insulated, so in room noise was never an issue.

A block away, there is a grocery store (Kroger) and you can request a mini fridge in the room (not guaranteed until day of arrival), so we were able to ease up on snack and meal expenses that way. Next door is a great Landry's seafood restaurant which we always enjoy, too.

Here are my notes about service, pricing and other items that you might wish to be aware of:
While service there is absolutely top notch, you will pay for it. Parking is not included, and is $20 a day, regardless of when you get there; I thought that was high. The on-site restaurant serves a lovely breakfast, but I think the buffet price was too high for what you get, frankly.

Watch the hot tub - two for two times I was there, it did not look clean unfortunately.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are going to be loud at night, especially if they have a large event going on - it...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Galveston Island Resort? Share your experiences!