“Very comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scottish Inn

You added Scottish Inn to your Saves list
Scottish Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   928 Ferry Road, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn)   |
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Georgetown, Texas
“Very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday night before Saturday departure on a Disney cruise. The room and beds were comfortable and clean. We did not partake of breakfast, so no review of that aspect of the facilities. The owner was kind and helpful and recommended a local seafood shop for dinner; his recommendation was spot-on. We have no qualms about staying here again if our travels take us back to Galveston.

Room Tip: Our room on the side of the facility was away from the road; therefore it was very quiet. We noticed...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello Michael, thank you for staying with us hope you and family had a wonderful Disney cruise.
I and the wife really appreciate your kind input.
Sam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Michigamme, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Got to the hotel late because of a play in Houston, the owner was waiting for me with a smile and an upgrade to the room. Very friendly people, great price, and it was located right next to the ferry where you can take a free ride across and see the dolphins and ocean birds. The room was nice, clean, and comfortable. If I ever come back to Galveston I'll be spending my nights here.

I Highly suggest this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank You Justin, for your review on our place it was our pleasure to have you here, my wife and I really appreciate your kind words for us.
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The owner Sam and his wife are super awesome people! Our room was awesome ,very comfortable bed, the room was super clean, very nice atmosphere not noise very homey ,we will be staying at this hotel every trip we make to galveston! Thank you,Sam for your kindness! David & Sarah C

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you David for your input on our place. We really do care for the guest who stays with.
Its view like this that makes us feels that we are doing this right.
Again thank you David and Sarah
From Sam and Wife
Silsbee, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We go every year, stay at the Scottish Inn, rooms are very clean, neat, pool is excellent, surroundings are neat and tidy, and you cannot beat Sam and his wife and staff for their hospitality. We always feel safe, the only place we will stay in the Galveston area. Looking forward to our next trip.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for giving us a good report on our hospitality. Hope you had a good fishing trip.

Sam and Wife
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

First of all, the staff, who I assume to be the owners, are extremely friendly, helpful, and professional. We were quite surprised by their hospitality and appreciated it. The outside of the hotel looked nicer than we expected, and the room we stayed in was recently renovated. Everything was clean, the room was quite large for one king bed, and there was plenty of storage. The pool was clean and there was lots of seating around it. Parking was great and we really liked the location. Right by the ferry, which is a Galveston-must if you like dolphins! Less than five minutes from Seawall Blvd. and the beach. We will absolutely stay here again on our next Galveston vacation. We did encounter a few insects (something we've always encountered in large hotels) and the remote didn't work. We did not take it to the owner as it wasn't a big deal to us, but we felt like it would have been handled quickly had we brought it to their attention.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Yes Kati we are the owner’s we try our best to keep everyone who checks inn happy and to help them the best we can about things to do on the island. Again we thank you for your very kind words about my place.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night and it was not worth the money we paid for the room. It was fairly clean - not exceptional though. The grout in the tub was not clean and the ceiling in the bathroom had a hole in it as a result of water damage. The beds were very uncomfortable, as were the pillows. The "continental" breakfast consisted of white bread (a toaster provided), jelly, frozen sausage biscuits, bananas, coffee, and fruit punch (we had seen the fruit punch sitting out when we checked in the day before). My husband got coffee but that was all. When I spoke with the owner to make the reservation, I told him the room was for myself, husband, and daughter. He quoted me a price on the room which was reasonable ($129) When my husband checked in he had to pay an additional $10 to get a room with two queen size beds rather than the king size that the owner had originally put us in (not sure why he put us in that room when I told him that there would be three of us). We ended up paying $159 (including taxes) which was overpriced for what we got. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello K,
You called to reserve a room and asked me for a State Rate, even though I do not offer a State rate on weekend’s I gave you a discounted rate. You called me as I was on State’s web page.
The thing that is bothering me is you booked for 2 person for a king bed and when I saw that there was 3 of you I showed him a room with 2 queen beds which he was happy with, your husband had to call you to see if he can use his card as I cannot use your credit card information to check him in.
Before he paid he asked to see a room and I gladly showed him the room which he was happy with (your daughter I think came with him.) At check in only your daughter and husband were here so I am baffled at you seeing the fruit punch, the reason it’s there is I keep for kids when all day long so they can come in anytime for a drink.
I am sorry for the misunderstanding I hope your stay is better next time you are in Galveston were ever you stay. Again My deepest apology Sam
Mangum, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked a room for 2 nights but these people where so friendly, helpful en well knowledged owner, just ask Sam and it saves you a lot of time, it's an inn but Sam and his wife, out of India tread you like you would expect in a bed and breakfast also in a way you like to come back.
Almost all rooms are renovated and have very good quality beds.
The position of the Inn is really nice , no noise in the night and near the free ferry to Bolivar and several connection in a direct way to the rest of the main tourist area.

Room Tip: Just talk to Sam and he will give you the best possebility
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Will and An for staying with us It was wonderful talking with you in the morning, before you set of to visit the island. There are so many activities within 3 miles of us. Hope to see you again
Sam

Been to Scottish Inn? Share your experiences!