“Best place in Galveston” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scottish Inn

Save Saved
You added Scottish Inn to your Saves list
Scottish Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   928 Ferry Road, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn)   |
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Silsbee, Texas
“Best place in Galveston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We go every year, stay at the Scottish Inn, rooms are very clean, neat, pool is excellent, surroundings are neat and tidy, and you cannot beat Sam and his wife and staff for their hospitality. We always feel safe, the only place we will stay in the Galveston area. Looking forward to our next trip.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for giving us a good report on our hospitality. Hope you had a good fishing trip.

Sam and Wife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

First of all, the staff, who I assume to be the owners, are extremely friendly, helpful, and professional. We were quite surprised by their hospitality and appreciated it. The outside of the hotel looked nicer than we expected, and the room we stayed in was recently renovated. Everything was clean, the room was quite large for one king bed, and there was plenty of storage. The pool was clean and there was lots of seating around it. Parking was great and we really liked the location. Right by the ferry, which is a Galveston-must if you like dolphins! Less than five minutes from Seawall Blvd. and the beach. We will absolutely stay here again on our next Galveston vacation. We did encounter a few insects (something we've always encountered in large hotels) and the remote didn't work. We did not take it to the owner as it wasn't a big deal to us, but we felt like it would have been handled quickly had we brought it to their attention.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Yes Kati we are the owner’s we try our best to keep everyone who checks inn happy and to help them the best we can about things to do on the island. Again we thank you for your very kind words about my place.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night and it was not worth the money we paid for the room. It was fairly clean - not exceptional though. The grout in the tub was not clean and the ceiling in the bathroom had a hole in it as a result of water damage. The beds were very uncomfortable, as were the pillows. The "continental" breakfast consisted of white bread (a toaster provided), jelly, frozen sausage biscuits, bananas, coffee, and fruit punch (we had seen the fruit punch sitting out when we checked in the day before). My husband got coffee but that was all. When I spoke with the owner to make the reservation, I told him the room was for myself, husband, and daughter. He quoted me a price on the room which was reasonable ($129) When my husband checked in he had to pay an additional $10 to get a room with two queen size beds rather than the king size that the owner had originally put us in (not sure why he put us in that room when I told him that there would be three of us). We ended up paying $159 (including taxes) which was overpriced for what we got. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello K,
You called to reserve a room and asked me for a State Rate, even though I do not offer a State rate on weekend’s I gave you a discounted rate. You called me as I was on State’s web page.
The thing that is bothering me is you booked for 2 person for a king bed and when I saw that there was 3 of you I showed him a room with 2 queen beds which he was happy with, your husband had to call you to see if he can use his card as I cannot use your credit card information to check him in.
Before he paid he asked to see a room and I gladly showed him the room which he was happy with (your daughter I think came with him.) At check in only your daughter and husband were here so I am baffled at you seeing the fruit punch, the reason it’s there is I keep for kids when all day long so they can come in anytime for a drink.
I am sorry for the misunderstanding I hope your stay is better next time you are in Galveston were ever you stay. Again My deepest apology Sam
Mangum, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked a room for 2 nights but these people where so friendly, helpful en well knowledged owner, just ask Sam and it saves you a lot of time, it's an inn but Sam and his wife, out of India tread you like you would expect in a bed and breakfast also in a way you like to come back.
Almost all rooms are renovated and have very good quality beds.
The position of the Inn is really nice , no noise in the night and near the free ferry to Bolivar and several connection in a direct way to the rest of the main tourist area.

Room Tip: Just talk to Sam and he will give you the best possebility
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Will and An for staying with us It was wonderful talking with you in the morning, before you set of to visit the island. There are so many activities within 3 miles of us. Hope to see you again
Bastrop, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our search for an inexpensive Galveston hotel for a quick getaway led to a wonderful stay in this quiet spot run by superbly consciencious, courteous owners. Our choice was based on price combined with a high number of positive customer reviews. We found Scottish Inn to be clean, comfortable, well-furnished, and having the best-maintained swimming pool of any hotel I have seen in the world. I even recommended it to my friends and family right away. Sam & his wife were friendly and accommodating. Sam told us he aims to keep a healthy, safe, and inviting family atmosphere at his hotel so those looking for a restful place to stay will want to become repeat customers. We'll be back...and bring the family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Hello James,
Hello James,
Thank You for your wonderful comment on my place. We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for the service. Thank you for enjoying yourselves at the motel and Galveston in general
Sasakwa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights and was very comfortable. Sam and his wife are very friendly and welcoming. They will show you your room before you pay to insure you are satisfied. The rooms have been renovated and everything is very clean. Right across the road from the free ferry and about 6 blocks from Stewart Beach. The pool is very nice and clean. I would recommend this place, definately. Sam takes great pride in his place and will go above and beyond to make you comfortable. We will stay here again....the Reich family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello Brandy,
Thank You for the comment, I think if I remember this right you came in as my brother was taking someone to see a room and I asked if you would like to too. You came from Oklahoma with your family. We do very much thank You Sam
Messimy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We made a 2 weeks trip in US staying 2 days average at the same hotels, in a price range from 90 to 130 USD pre night.
Scottish Inn was far the best hotel we had !
Room just refurbish, very clean. Nice furniture and comfortable beds.
People at the desk were very friendly and helpfull.
And the price was also affordable ...

So if you need to stay in Galveston, just go in Scottish Inn !!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
If I remember rightly you were on vacation from France and I put you on t 3rd floor.
I am sorry I missed you guy’s when you check out, but my wife said you were happy with the room and service
Thank You for your remark on our property Sam

Been to Scottish Inn? Share your experiences!