“Will not stay here again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Scottish Inn

Save Saved
You added Scottish Inn to your Saves list
Scottish Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   928 Ferry Road, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn)   |
Ranked #18 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“Will not stay here again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night and it was not worth the money we paid for the room. It was fairly clean - not exceptional though. The grout in the tub was not clean and the ceiling in the bathroom had a hole in it as a result of water damage. The beds were very uncomfortable, as were the pillows. The "continental" breakfast consisted of white bread (a toaster provided), jelly, frozen sausage biscuits, bananas, coffee, and fruit punch (we had seen the fruit punch sitting out when we checked in the day before). My husband got coffee but that was all. When I spoke with the owner to make the reservation, I told him the room was for myself, husband, and daughter. He quoted me a price on the room which was reasonable ($129) When my husband checked in he had to pay an additional $10 to get a room with two queen size beds rather than the king size that the owner had originally put us in (not sure why he put us in that room when I told him that there would be three of us). We ended up paying $159 (including taxes) which was overpriced for what we got. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello K,
You called to reserve a room and asked me for a State Rate, even though I do not offer a State rate on weekend’s I gave you a discounted rate. You called me as I was on State’s web page.
The thing that is bothering me is you booked for 2 person for a king bed and when I saw that there was 3 of you I showed him a room with 2 queen beds which he was happy with, your husband had to call you to see if he can use his card as I cannot use your credit card information to check him in.
Before he paid he asked to see a room and I gladly showed him the room which he was happy with (your daughter I think came with him.) At check in only your daughter and husband were here so I am baffled at you seeing the fruit punch, the reason it’s there is I keep for kids when all day long so they can come in anytime for a drink.
I am sorry for the misunderstanding I hope your stay is better next time you are in Galveston were ever you stay. Again My deepest apology Sam

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mangum, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked a room for 2 nights but these people where so friendly, helpful en well knowledged owner, just ask Sam and it saves you a lot of time, it's an inn but Sam and his wife, out of India tread you like you would expect in a bed and breakfast also in a way you like to come back.
Almost all rooms are renovated and have very good quality beds.
The position of the Inn is really nice , no noise in the night and near the free ferry to Bolivar and several connection in a direct way to the rest of the main tourist area.

Room Tip: Just talk to Sam and he will give you the best possebility
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you Will and An for staying with us It was wonderful talking with you in the morning, before you set of to visit the island. There are so many activities within 3 miles of us. Hope to see you again
Bastrop, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our search for an inexpensive Galveston hotel for a quick getaway led to a wonderful stay in this quiet spot run by superbly consciencious, courteous owners. Our choice was based on price combined with a high number of positive customer reviews. We found Scottish Inn to be clean, comfortable, well-furnished, and having the best-maintained swimming pool of any hotel I have seen in the world. I even recommended it to my friends and family right away. Sam & his wife were friendly and accommodating. Sam told us he aims to keep a healthy, safe, and inviting family atmosphere at his hotel so those looking for a restful place to stay will want to become repeat customers. We'll be back...and bring the family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Hello James,
Hello James,
Thank You for your wonderful comment on my place. We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for the service. Thank you for enjoying yourselves at the motel and Galveston in general
Sasakwa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights and was very comfortable. Sam and his wife are very friendly and welcoming. They will show you your room before you pay to insure you are satisfied. The rooms have been renovated and everything is very clean. Right across the road from the free ferry and about 6 blocks from Stewart Beach. The pool is very nice and clean. I would recommend this place, definately. Sam takes great pride in his place and will go above and beyond to make you comfortable. We will stay here again....the Reich family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello Brandy,
Thank You for the comment, I think if I remember this right you came in as my brother was taking someone to see a room and I asked if you would like to too. You came from Oklahoma with your family. We do very much thank You Sam
Messimy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We made a 2 weeks trip in US staying 2 days average at the same hotels, in a price range from 90 to 130 USD pre night.
Scottish Inn was far the best hotel we had !
Room just refurbish, very clean. Nice furniture and comfortable beds.
People at the desk were very friendly and helpfull.
And the price was also affordable ...

So if you need to stay in Galveston, just go in Scottish Inn !!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
If I remember rightly you were on vacation from France and I put you on t 3rd floor.
I am sorry I missed you guy’s when you check out, but my wife said you were happy with the room and service
Thank You for your remark on our property Sam
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Price is fair considering that we are in high season ,family environment, and very clean, although the hotel doesn't not offer beach front view the rooms have been renovated and also front desk was very welcoming and helpful a total plus to a nice stayed experience for me and my Family ,definitely will recommend this place and come back in the future!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Very kind of you to put a review on my place.I try to make your stay as comfertable as possible.
New Iberia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked through Priceline. Our arrival was delayed due to an accident on the Gulf Coast Highway. We called to let them know and we were assured that not only was our room being held, but the A/C was on and cooling the room for us.

Upon arrival, we were met at the entrance. Check-in was quick and easy. We were escorted to our room so we could arrive quicker (Thanks!). The owner knew who we were and the requests we had made.

The Room: Upon entry, we immediately noticed that the room had been recently renovated. Fresh paint, new 46" TV, and firm beds with nice quality, clean sheets. There is a microwave and a mini-fridge in the room.

Bath: the bathroom had been completely remodeled with new tiles on the floor and in the shower/tub. There was a commercial sized toilet and a nice pedestal sink with new fixtures. Very nice.

Continental breakfast: there is a light breakfast provided. No, it's not a buffet line. Then again, that would not be "continental". Bananas, apples, bread, and frozen sausage biscuits and pancakes. A toaster and microwave are provided.

This was one of the less expensive hotels on the island, located near the ferry landing. No, it's not on the beach. Then again, we were there for a cruise embarking the next day. It is NICER than some of the more expensive beach hotels, and is within a short driving distance of the beach. We did not take advantage, but free cruise parking is available (covered). We had already booked parking at the port ($65/week).

The location was great for our purpose; however, if you desire being within a short walk to the beach it would not merit a "5".

• Stayed June 2013
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello Steven,
Thank you for your great comment; I know how frustrating it is to come across the Ferry on a busy weekend. The last thing you need is looking for your room late at night. I hope that you had a great time on the cruise, again thank you for commenting on my place.
Sam

Been to Scottish Inn? Share your experiences!