“Quiet clean family place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scottish Inn

Save Saved
You added Scottish Inn to your Saves list
Scottish Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   928 Ferry Road, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn)   |
Ranked #19 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Bastrop, Texas
“Quiet clean family place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our search for an inexpensive Galveston hotel for a quick getaway led to a wonderful stay in this quiet spot run by superbly consciencious, courteous owners. Our choice was based on price combined with a high number of positive customer reviews. We found Scottish Inn to be clean, comfortable, well-furnished, and having the best-maintained swimming pool of any hotel I have seen in the world. I even recommended it to my friends and family right away. Sam & his wife were friendly and accommodating. Sam told us he aims to keep a healthy, safe, and inviting family atmosphere at his hotel so those looking for a restful place to stay will want to become repeat customers. We'll be back...and bring the family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Hello James,
Hello James,
Thank You for your wonderful comment on my place. We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for the service. Thank you for enjoying yourselves at the motel and Galveston in general

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sasakwa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights and was very comfortable. Sam and his wife are very friendly and welcoming. They will show you your room before you pay to insure you are satisfied. The rooms have been renovated and everything is very clean. Right across the road from the free ferry and about 6 blocks from Stewart Beach. The pool is very nice and clean. I would recommend this place, definately. Sam takes great pride in his place and will go above and beyond to make you comfortable. We will stay here again....the Reich family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello Brandy,
Thank You for the comment, I think if I remember this right you came in as my brother was taking someone to see a room and I asked if you would like to too. You came from Oklahoma with your family. We do very much thank You Sam
Messimy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We made a 2 weeks trip in US staying 2 days average at the same hotels, in a price range from 90 to 130 USD pre night.
Scottish Inn was far the best hotel we had !
Room just refurbish, very clean. Nice furniture and comfortable beds.
People at the desk were very friendly and helpfull.
And the price was also affordable ...

So if you need to stay in Galveston, just go in Scottish Inn !!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
If I remember rightly you were on vacation from France and I put you on t 3rd floor.
I am sorry I missed you guy’s when you check out, but my wife said you were happy with the room and service
Thank You for your remark on our property Sam
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Price is fair considering that we are in high season ,family environment, and very clean, although the hotel doesn't not offer beach front view the rooms have been renovated and also front desk was very welcoming and helpful a total plus to a nice stayed experience for me and my Family ,definitely will recommend this place and come back in the future!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Very kind of you to put a review on my place.I try to make your stay as comfertable as possible.
New Iberia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked through Priceline. Our arrival was delayed due to an accident on the Gulf Coast Highway. We called to let them know and we were assured that not only was our room being held, but the A/C was on and cooling the room for us.

Upon arrival, we were met at the entrance. Check-in was quick and easy. We were escorted to our room so we could arrive quicker (Thanks!). The owner knew who we were and the requests we had made.

The Room: Upon entry, we immediately noticed that the room had been recently renovated. Fresh paint, new 46" TV, and firm beds with nice quality, clean sheets. There is a microwave and a mini-fridge in the room.

Bath: the bathroom had been completely remodeled with new tiles on the floor and in the shower/tub. There was a commercial sized toilet and a nice pedestal sink with new fixtures. Very nice.

Continental breakfast: there is a light breakfast provided. No, it's not a buffet line. Then again, that would not be "continental". Bananas, apples, bread, and frozen sausage biscuits and pancakes. A toaster and microwave are provided.

This was one of the less expensive hotels on the island, located near the ferry landing. No, it's not on the beach. Then again, we were there for a cruise embarking the next day. It is NICER than some of the more expensive beach hotels, and is within a short driving distance of the beach. We did not take advantage, but free cruise parking is available (covered). We had already booked parking at the port ($65/week).

The location was great for our purpose; however, if you desire being within a short walk to the beach it would not merit a "5".

• Stayed June 2013
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello Steven,
Thank you for your great comment; I know how frustrating it is to come across the Ferry on a busy weekend. The last thing you need is looking for your room late at night. I hope that you had a great time on the cruise, again thank you for commenting on my place.
Denham Springs, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I booked my reservation for me and my family through priceline as a place to stay during a vacation/birthday for my step son, I had a long drive to get to this place after I got off from work and had loaded the car to make the trip. At midnight Priceline cancelled my reservation due to "no show" I found this out when I had arrived around 3 a.m. The owner met me at the office door let me in and explained there was absolutely no problem and helped me with checking in right away. When I got to my room the air conditioner would not come on, I went back to the office where the owner came right away to look to see if anything could be done. When he looked it over and determined it was not working he promptly gave us another room. After that the experience was top notch. We spent the next day at Schlitterbahn and arrived back to a nice cool room after our day out in the sun. The next morning before check out my children wanted to go swimming one more time before we left, the pool had hours on it which were 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. when one of their staff saw we were standing there at the locked gate looking at the pool he unlocked it for us to get it it was so nice of them. Also there were 2 different types of doughnuts offered as well as Coffee fresh fruit and toast available in the office. Upon checkout the owner apologized again for the inconvenience of the a/c from my check in which was absolutely no problem as things happen, he even offered to let my children take some extra doughnuts for the road. The staff was so friendly and the owner as well as his wife were absolutely above and beyond great people. Should I return to the island this will be the first place I look into. The grounds were also immaculate as well as very secure with security camera's.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I felt so bad that the A/C in your room did not work and had to come back to the office at 3.00 in the morning. Your review was to kind thank you very much.
Hope you had a pleasent trip back home.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our party of 11 just returned from our trip at the Scottish Inn. When we first arrived I was a little unsure of this hotel. It is older and being near the water has some issues with rust. I thought the beds might be too firm, but I slept better than I have in some time. What really made this a pleasant stay was Sam and his wife. We had planned to stay two days, but when we returned from Moody Gardens our car overheated and needed repairs. Sam helped us find a mechanic and went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. Since we only had one car that was running, we spent the 3rd day at the pool. It was very relaxing. The four kids spent the entire day swimming and the pool was large and clean. The grounds were well maintained. A car is very handy here, not much within walking distance. Also no elevator and no first floor rooms, so that could be an issue for some. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Hello Amy,
You spent 2 days here when I found you had car trouble and the distance some your family had to travel it was the least I could do, I normally don’t like to recommend a mechanic, but I knew this young man and asked him to help fix it that evening. I am glad things worked out for you and your family.

Been to Scottish Inn? Share your experiences!