“Our Preferred Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scottish Inn

You added Scottish Inn to your Saves list
Scottish Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   928 Ferry Road, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn)   |
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Kilgore, Texas
“Our Preferred Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Our second time to stay here, and we will ALWAYS come back here when we visit Galveston. The rooms are so clean and cozy. They do excellent keeping up with cleaning. And I loved how they tucked my son's big bear in :) Sam and his wife are super sweet, welcoming, and do their best to make you feel at home. Plus, it is in a more quiet area and not full of the Spring Break party people. I can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: We got to stay on the top level this time at the end of the hotel. Woke up one morning and ventured...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thanks Kat, you and your family are wounderful.You guy's are like family. Tell the children I said Hi.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Owners are doing the minimum to have this hotel open. Problem is it really should be closed. He seemed nice, but the hotel was dirty and everything about it was bad. I had a hard time making my family stay. Will be curious to see how long this review stays up and most of these reviews HAVE to be submitted by relatives of theirs. ** see pictures

Details:
Extremely hard mattresses. I mean painful.
Filthy headboards.
2 flat pillows with only a sheet (brought a blanket when I asked for one).
Breakfast was toast, "fresh" fruit that looked like it had sat there for weeks.
Frozen microwave yourself sausage muffin or frozen waffles.
Rusty light fixtures.
Parts of light fixtures missing.
Light fixtures not working.
Exposed power cords.
Hole in the wall where we could see daylight.
Strange curtain on window hanging from a broken tension rod.
Dirty tub and sink with mold.
Water damage in bathroom ceiling and over window.
Carpet shredding and dirty.
Part of light fixtures missing.
Pedestal sink, so no where to put toiletries but on top of toilet - yuk.
No alarm clock.
Shredding stained towels.
Spring break, but only one table with no chairs by the pool.
Rooms looked and felt dirty.
Even my kids were grossed out which says something.
**See pictures

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I am sorry you found my motel not to your liking. You could have checked out but stayed anyway.
Hopefully you will find a motel to your liking the next time you visit Galveston. As for the other reviews, they are part of our family as you were for those particular day's you stayed with us. I do NOT BUY REVIEWS. Those reviews are posted by individuals like you
Thank You Sam.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I booked a reservation for a few days during spring break not noticing that there is an age issue for my party to check in. I called and spoke with the owner, a very nice man, told him our situation and he was very understanding! We aren't a group of partiers, we're just trying to get some sun at the beach and I'm glad he didn't cancel our reservation. Only thing is Expedia needs to be updated with their Red Carpet Inn details, other than that should be good to go!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your review Kareena,hope your plans went well.
My wife and I hope to see you in summer.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Recently 8 of our family members embarked on a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Galveston. We arrived on the night of the Galveston Mardi Gras Saturday night event. Although we had a hired driver from HOB airport, we didn't have transportation to get to dinner that night. When we arrived at the Red Carpet Inn, we were not impressed by the remote area. There was no restaurants - not much of anything. However, when you meet Sam, the owner, he is friendly and involved. He arranged for our family of 8 to get to dinner by having his family member take us there and back!! You don't get this kind of service from the fancy hotels. The rooms were neat and clean and adequate for our needs. It was half the cost of the hotels right at the cruise terminal and for 4 rooms, the savings was noteable.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 2nd floor if you have elderly people with you as there is no elevator. Bring foo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank You for booking all the room's with us.I hope that you and your group and a terrific cruise,I was happy to serve a wounderful group of people.Thank You again.
Kinder, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My daughter and her family checked in here on Valentine's night. They would not be arriving until later that evening, close to 10 or 11 pm. We were worried because the online reservation stated a much earlier check in deadline. I called and spoke to one of the owners and explained the situation, and there was no problem at all, they were in fact waiting for them when they finally arrived. On Friday, my son in law reserved a room for me and my youngest daughter and the rest of my family, The rooms are a little old, but were clean, and the grounds are very well kept. We took some photos by some lovely palm trees. Upon check out, the owner gave me fruit to give to the grandkids and made some more coffee for my son in law. You do not find this kind of service very often. His kindness will be remembered and we will definately revisit his hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for your comment's on myself and my motel.Also thank Clinton for booking at my motel. Hope to see you again.
SAN DIEGO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The owners of this place are very nice and accomodating. They are picky about who stays here so you will not find wild parties or loud neighbors being an issue. They are still recovering from "Ike" so everything is not pristine and there are no elevators which can be a problem for some. There are no services nearby so you either have to take a taxi or shuttle to get anywhere if you do not drive there. This a very basic hotel and fine for an overnighter before a cruise if you don't demand luxury. They let you leave your car if you are taking a cruise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words Judith, hope you and your son had a safe trip back to Sunny San Diago.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel was really great the service was excellent and Sam had a vast knowledge of the local area and was really friendly, the rooms where clean and really comfortable beds.I had a great time and i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good time in Galveston.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
redcarpetgalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank You hiran for staying with us.We thank you for your view on our property.

Been to Scottish Inn? Share your experiences!