“Great value, great hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Texas
“Great value, great hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

This was the best deal on the island for extended stay. The full kitchen saved us a ton of money for the whole week. Rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable a/c. The in room DVD player was great for the kids and for my yoga. Pool was great, clean and upkept. Staff was wonderful, always greeted us, loaned us the toaster oven to make pizza, so accomidating. Only $99/night through www.Galveston.com, saved &20 per night. and still got the priority points. Would definatley stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

The room accommodations were fine EXCEPT for the location. We were placed in the room on first (ground) floor right next to the elevator, which was also across the way from the laundry room/fitness center (in which the door closed loudly). It was a weeknight stay but people still came in to use the elevator during late hours. If you stay here, ask for a room not near the elevators. Otherwise, it was clean and acceptable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

This is a fairly new hotel so the rooms are clean. Nice flat screen TV in the room, which also has a mini-kitchen, stocked with utensils. Also free wireless and laundry. Location is not close to the beach so you will need a car.

My only problem with this otherwise decent hotel is that there is no daily housekeeping which was a surprise to me. It didnt matter too much for me since I was here solo for two days but I'm sure if I was here with my family I'd have moved out.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Arlington, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Hubby and I were at Candlewood Suites this past Friday night before moving to a friend's beach house on Saturday.

We had a queen room with a kitchenette-full sized fridge, 2 burners, microwave. Fair sized room, nice and cool and very clean. Nice bathroom. The small gym has nice equipment and they have free washers and dryers if you need them. They had a grill for their guests as well.

This hotel is not near the Seawall and is too far to walk to the Seawall for a day at the beach. That's probably why we got a reasonable rate when everything on or near the Seawall-even dumps had crazy prices!

I'd readily recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Plantation, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

When I had to re-book my hotel at the last minute due to an administrative error, I was forced to downgrade my choices because of the change in rates. I normally stay at the hotel Galvez when I am in Galveston and as such enjoy the city a great deal. When I had to book at the Candlewood Suites I was dissapointed because of the location, however when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised with all the other amenities.
upon check-in I was greeted by friendly staff who promptly got me through the check-in process and to my room. now I have stayed in CWS hotels in the past and was not prepared for the renovations that this location had: hardwood floors, flat screen TV, stainless steel appliances and a great assortment of kitchen utensils and diningware. The room was also immaculate (cleaner than a lot of higher end hotels) which made relaxing after a long flight.
I do reccomend that if you stay here you should have a rental car, as I mentioned earlier, the location is not in any way near the beach so if you plan on partaking in the usual tourist fare you would be better off driving there. On the flip side, the hotel does find itself next to a large strip mall complete with a Target store which would be great for picking up any toiletries, beach stuff etc. I am sure their prices would be a LOT lower than the usual 'WINGS' stores nearer to the beach.
All in all I was pleasantly surprised, and as long as you don't expect to walk to the beach you will be too..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
League City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

I was there after my home got wiped out by Hurricane Ike, the GM was so helpful that he personally helped me carry my bags up to my room three floors up. He also helped me contact my insurance company and took care of all the billing and paper work. As a single mother who lost everything in the storm, its nice to know there are still people in the world that do more than just look out for themselves. Neal was great in helping my family out and runs a wonderful hotel to stay at. With the gas BBQ grill, DVD library free guest laundry (best part about it is that its in the gym so you can get a quick workout in while you wash your clothes.) Also i found out the Candlewood is the only hotel in Galveston that has a anti-mosquito system which really helped with the bugs after the storm. Its great for the BBQ time too. Great hotel would recommend it to everyone.

• Liked — The staff was great, the rooms were clean, and everything we needed was across the street at Target.
  • Disliked — The pool closed at 10:00 PM.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Candlewood Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!