“Excellent place for price!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Galveston
“Excellent place for price!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I never need service! The room has everything! I liked the room because they had a kitchen inside the rooms to make your own breakfast. They have a very clean bathroom. Their pool was exiting and fun! They have a beautiful and smooth waterfall near the perfectly warm hot tub. The pool was widened perfectly. I liked the pool most and nothing least.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Was in town for work and stayed here for thirty days. The management, front desk, and house keeping made me feel at home. There was a issue with a electric receptacle not working when I contacted the front desk they told me somebody would be there to fix it with in a short time it was fixed and working great.Will stay here again when I'm in town.

Katy, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel for check in (5/25/13) the demeanor of the manager was not at all helpful. Going over the paperwork it was initial here, here, here and sign here and I was given the room keys and did not receive a copy of the paperwork that I was requested to signing. The next morning they did not have a complimentary breakfast that I am accustom to from IHG hotels. The worst part began when I returned late that night on 5/26 around 8 o'clock. My husband calls down and advised that they did not provide fresh towels so I left the pool area & immediately informed the front desk clerk who advised me that their policy was to only change out the the towels once a week and that I could bring the dirty towels to them to switch them out....I responded by requesting for the manager and letting them aware that I do not work there and that I will not do the job of housekeeping and to be paying 214.00 a night and have to clean up my room is insane. I've stayed in hotels from Florida to California and has NEVER had that type of service. The Manager proceeded to a show me that their policy is on the envelope that the room card, I refused to do their job & asked to be refunded for the night and the manager asked me to leave the property & acted as if he called the police, that after an hour of waiting for them they never showed. After patiently waiting for officers to arrive I decided to leave with my kids and I will dispute the charges with my credit card company. I would never recommend this hotel to the devil.

Room Tip: Book early at a location along the seawall, a motel 6 maybe better than candlewood suites!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
glscw, Manager at Candlewood Suites Galveston, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Firstly, the Registration Card that is signed upon check-in is for the use of the Front Desk and management staff. On it, had the information been scanned, one would see that the initials are to clarify that the room rate and duration of stay are correct, to accept the smoking policy, and to sign one-self into the hotel. It is not procedure for guests to receive the registration card; it is normal practice at all hotels, and upon departure the guest receives copy of billing folio. Secondly, the manager who was on duty at this time simply presented the IHG Brand Standard key jacket delivered to all Candlewood Suites hotels nationwide which clearly states the Extended Stay housekeeping policy, which is done weekly for guests staying more than seven nights; the key jacket further explains the procedure for exchanging dirty towels and linens for clean at the Front Desk. It is not OUR policy here at the hotel, it is the Brand Policy to which all Candlewood Suites hotels must adhere.
After this information was given, rather than accepting it pleasantly, you began cursing and using abusive language with both the manager and the girl on duty at the Front Desk. This display of foul language and offensive behavior is not permitted; regardless of the fact that we are in the service industry, no one deserves to be spoken to like that. It was at this time that the manager on duty informed you that you needed to vacate the premises, and that he was calling the police to have you evicted from the property should you continue to be abusive and refuse to exit. The police were called; we have an incident number. It merely took them over an hour to get through the Island's Memorial Day weekend traffic to get to the hotel. When they arrived, your room was called and the police and manager on duty spoke with the gentleman you had checked in with, who identified himself as your boyfriend, who apologized for what had happened, assured us you had left with your children, and begged us not to evict him for your behavior. We complied with this request, since he had not been the one abusing our staff.
In light of all this, it is more than fair that you not be refunded for your reservation; our cancellation policy is, to start, forty eight hours in advance from date of arrival. Secondly, you checked in and a member of your party had use of the room for the whole night's stay, whereas you were evicted from the premises for unacceptable, rude, abusive behavior. We are well within our rights to not issue a refund for this night's stay. The only apologies I have are for our other guests and our staff members that were subject to such uncouth antics; it is not in the norm for us to have such disruptions, and our excellent service has done nothing but please countless others to date.
Seiling
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and welcoming, the room was large and spacious with a comfortable bed and linens. I needed to print off a receipt and there was a computer and printer with easy access. I printed I off my document at no extra charge. They have a pantry stocked with with a variety of good things including a snacks and microwave meal. You purchase on the honor system. The location was only minutes from the Cruise Terminal. We had a good stay.

New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My room was on the backside of the property to get away from the noisy expressway (I-45). The trains started clanging into each other about 2:30 am. Then about 6:30 am someone upstairs started stomping around (it's a 3 story wooden construction property) and it was impossible to sleep. Save your money and go elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Galveston, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Mike N,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincerest apology for the experience you had due to the outside noise and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had the best personal attention during our stay. The room was great- fridge, microwave, stove. The staff is great. Laundry is free. Convenient onsite "snack-shop". Great stay for our family traveling with an infant. Convenient to beach with super target across the street. Walgreen and Cvs down the street. Manager gave us great attention after we checked out of another hotel with bad service. He called to our room to ensure it was to our liking. This will be our hotel for every stay in Galveston. You will not be disappointed with this stay. Clean rooms, convenient, friendly and knowledgable staff.

Uvalde, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The atmosphere is like a small community; the front desk looks after their guest. I always felt safe and never had to worry about my car being stolen or broken into. The little “store/pantry” works on the honor system and nicely stocked (Tzo teas and small selection of frozen foods to name a few) and offers free coffee throughout the day. Hotel also has free washers and dryers and a fitness room. Suites have a modern kitchen with microwave and dishwasher and nicely stocked with pots and pans. I was happy to see the hotel subscribes to Direct TV. The pictures on the web site are very accurate. Since the hotel is an extended stay hotel housekeeping only came around once a week, but any time I needed fresh towels or sheets all I had to do was exchange the used linens and I was given fresh linens. Swimming pool was always very clean and so was the heated Jacuzzi. The hotel is steps away from Target, Pier 1 and a bank with ATM. My family and I will most definitely be visiting Galveston Island again and will stay at Candlewood Suites. Ali and the staff were most friendly and very accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite with a view of the highway unless you want a view of the City of Galveston recycling...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!