When searching for a Pet Friendly hotel traveling with our Chocolate Lab, we were continually directed to La Quinta Inn on the web. After some reviews regarding roaches, we canceled and looked at the alternative. Candlewood Suites were pet friendly with a non-refundable pet fee of $75. We calculated it by the day and it was very reasonable for what we were about to be pleasantly surprised of the amenities that this hotel had to offer.
The room was equipped with a full sized refrigerator with ice maker, large new GE microwave, dishwasher, and 2 burner stove top. The cookware was commercial quality and being a chef and in the hospitality business my whole life, I was pleased.
The Operations Manager Ali, was all about customer service protocol. I am a very critical traveler because I am in the business. He was attentive, had good relationships with his staff who were very courteous and respectful. The goal of making a person feel like they are at home away from home was certainly achieved with this visit. My friend who has a temporary assignment in Galveston at UTMB decided to stay at Candlewood rather than another competitor. The kitchen offers so much more opportunity to eat healthy, make your lunch and dinner and not have to eat out all the time. When you travel a lot, eating out gets old.
The other great surprise is that they offer free laundry services with commercial washers and dryers.
The fitness room has high grade equipment.
Oh, did I mention the pillow top mattresses and high quality bedding and towels.
The location is great as it is close to everything but not so much in the middle that you can't have your space.
Free daily papers. Pool. New flat screen TV's. DVD loan library and gas grill outside. And there is even a toaster oven upon request.
Wow, it has been a great stay. I honestly could live here for a long term assignment and be very happy.
At Candlewood, you really feel special.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Candlewood Suites Galveston Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in Galveston offers ideal lodging! Why stay in one of the cheap hotels in Galveston when you can enjoy the premium amenities of the Candlewood Suites - Galveston extended stay hotel? Stay with us and you'll see why our guests' surveys praise the excellent service of our hotel. Galveston is a mix of historic settings and modern culture, as evidenced by the unique shops and stops along The Strand. Galveston County Historical Museum offers a look at local history, and you can explore world history, science and the rainforest at the pyramids in Moody Gardens. Our hotel in Galveston is just a short drive from Schlitterbahn Island Waterpark. Corporate travelers lodging in our Galveston hotel are minutes from Galveston Convention Center, University of Texas Medical Center, the Port of Galveston, Halliburton and other businesses in Galveston. Our hotel's business center, along with each suite's over-sized desk with free high-speed Internet access and a speakerphone with free local calls, help you work efficiently. During your stay in Galveston, our extended stay hotel's amenities will make you feel right at home. You can cook meals in your suite's fully equipped kitchen, relax in the recliner while watching movies from the free movie library and unwind in the fitness center and outdoor pool. From a free laundry facility to the Candlewood Cupboard, our extended stay hotel in Galveston will take care of your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Candlewood Suites Galveston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.