“Hidden Gem!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 49 hotels in Galveston
kansas
“Hidden Gem!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Candlewood Suites Galveston for four nightsa week for past year and half.The hotel is exceptionally clean and comfortable. All of the employees were very courteous and helpful. The location is fabulous. I highly recommend it for anyone. The staff here is great. This is truly my home away from home. The equipment in the gym is top noch. The room is cozy and the bed feels like my bed at home. Anything you need is just a quick phone call to Ali. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.Also i see some people with their pets(though there is additional charge for that)

Room Tip: Second floor room #s 203, 205, 215
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

What started out as a 2 night stay before we got there was only one night. My daughter and her husband did stay two. The hotel is "off the beaten path", which there is nothing wrong with that. There are stores just a short ways from there that you could get things to cook and eat. The grounds are nice, we were told the hottub worked BEFORE we got there, only to vbe informed it WAS NOT working. They did however have an alternative for u to DRIVE to the Hampton to use their facility. What did bother me is I left a new pair of jeans and shirt in the closet, and 4 hours after I left I had my daughter go to the front desk to get them. They weren't there. Was informed that procedure is to bring said items and log them. My daughter inquired again the same day that evening. No. I called the hotel the next day, and the manager said it was NOT left, and he was sorry. My daughter left that very afternoon. At that point I decided someone else needed new Christmas clothes. So, being an IH member I recieved a survey and that was one of the things I was disturbed about. (Let me stop here and say I stay at between 100-150 days a year in hotels, and have left items only to be returned or sent to me) . THE SAME DAY, almost within two hours difference I got a call from the hotel that they "found" my clothes. How totally amazing. ONE bad thing......and it was discussed several times. If you want it back you either have to go back to the hotel and get them, or pay UPS or FEDEX to have them sent to you. So you decide, if the3y had followed policy, I would have had MY daughter bring them home to East Texas, but since they didn't I'm still pentalized for the return of my clothes.
This is the 1st and last time I will be staying at a Candlewood. It left me with a bad feeling.

Room Tip: Downstairs is best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
glscw, Manager at Candlewood Suites Galveston, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I would once again like to express my sympathies and apologize for our misunderstanding in these matters we have discussed through e-mail. However, I would like to remind you that the reason the hot tub was off limits was not because it was broken, but because we are not allowed to permit guests to use the tub prior to recertification and reinspection of our boiler by the City of Galveston, whom we were still patiently waiting on to schedule that task per our request. Out of courtesy I located another hotel within less than five minutes driving distance that would allow our guests who were inconvenienced to partake in their amenities. I apologize if this remedy was not to your satisfaction, but the fault of the equipment in question not being available was out of the hotel's hands at that moment.
As discussed already about the items left behind in the room you were assigned, we treat all guests equally and according to certain brand rules. The hotel is not liable nor responsible for any lost, left-behind or stolen items, which is clearly stated on the Register Card all Guests must sign and initial to agree they understand the policies at time of check in. I admit and am deeply sorry for the fact that the housekeeper who cleaned your rooms made a grievous error in not remember to return the items she found to the Front Desk, rather leaving them in the closet instead. I expressed my sympathies when you contacted me on the phone, but also informed you that if the items had been left on property they would be located, and that I would immediately call and inform you when that happened. That is exactly what I did when the housekeeper who cleaned your room returned the day after Christmas and informed me of her error. She was repremanded via written and verbal warnings, but as the issue has escalated so her employment was terminated in an executive decision by our owner/Sales Director.
I continue to offer my apologies for that misunderstanding, but we are not given permission nor the means to ship your items back to you, which is stated in the disclaimer signed at check in releasing us from liability for items lost, stolen or left-behind on property. That is solely the responsibility of the guests.
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week with two large dogs. The room was great. nice and roomy with kitchenette. A big plus for an extended stay. There is a nice fitness facility here and free laundry. There is a small store on property that sells all the essentials. The location was very convenient, right off of 45. Big shopping center with a Target, right next door. The best experience I had was with the general manager. He was so very nice and went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was pleasant and problem free. I highly recommend this hotel. Great place to stay with animals. There is an additional fee but this was not a problem for us.

Room Tip: This is not a five star property. If you expect five star amenities, this is not it. I do give it an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Everything from checked in to checkout was handled with ease and professionalism - rooms clean, service great. We were on our way for a cruise and were late in getting reservations. The facilities we normally use were not available, so this was not the facility of first choice; however, we will most certainly return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Blairsville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Originally, I was just spending the night on my way home (going from Corpus Christi to Georgia), and stop to visit friends at the church. However, after being advised of the Linger Longer program (stay until 6 pm, for half the daily rate) and being given some suggestions by the girl at the front desk (Can't remember her name, but she deserves a huge compliment. She was the desk after I checked in, and back the next morning) I stayed until 6 and did some sightseeing in the Strand area.

The location is great for the cruise crowd. Its close to the Cruise Terminal, and the Super Target is across the street, for groceries, or anything else you need.

Finally, not only did they acknowledge my Platinum level, but upgraded me to a suite. Very nice, even if it's only for a night.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for dining, taxi, or activity suggestions.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I was there with my mom and wasn't aware of the fact that it was biker rally weekend but we booked the room without knowing this but it turns out excellent stay, staff was very help full they was trying to please every guest the best they can do, we had one bed room suite and room was nice and clean and newly renovated, only negative thing with the hotel and I think it's the hotel chain's policy that no house keeping every day but it didn't bothered us at all any thing we need we can ask front desk and they provided us with smile, over all we enjoyed this hotel and we will be back, great job Candlewood.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at here last weekend after leaving another motel in the Galveston area. While the pricing was a little more than I wanted to pay - they did accept pets and the rooms were incredible. The beds were so soft, the pillows fluffy and not to mention the well manicured property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!