“Could not have been more pleased.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Could not have been more pleased.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Everything from checked in to checkout was handled with ease and professionalism - rooms clean, service great. We were on our way for a cruise and were late in getting reservations. The facilities we normally use were not available, so this was not the facility of first choice; however, we will most certainly return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Blairsville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Originally, I was just spending the night on my way home (going from Corpus Christi to Georgia), and stop to visit friends at the church. However, after being advised of the Linger Longer program (stay until 6 pm, for half the daily rate) and being given some suggestions by the girl at the front desk (Can't remember her name, but she deserves a huge compliment. She was the desk after I checked in, and back the next morning) I stayed until 6 and did some sightseeing in the Strand area.

The location is great for the cruise crowd. Its close to the Cruise Terminal, and the Super Target is across the street, for groceries, or anything else you need.

Finally, not only did they acknowledge my Platinum level, but upgraded me to a suite. Very nice, even if it's only for a night.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for dining, taxi, or activity suggestions.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I was there with my mom and wasn't aware of the fact that it was biker rally weekend but we booked the room without knowing this but it turns out excellent stay, staff was very help full they was trying to please every guest the best they can do, we had one bed room suite and room was nice and clean and newly renovated, only negative thing with the hotel and I think it's the hotel chain's policy that no house keeping every day but it didn't bothered us at all any thing we need we can ask front desk and they provided us with smile, over all we enjoyed this hotel and we will be back, great job Candlewood.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at here last weekend after leaving another motel in the Galveston area. While the pricing was a little more than I wanted to pay - they did accept pets and the rooms were incredible. The beds were so soft, the pillows fluffy and not to mention the well manicured property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rendon, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We like staying here when we cruise from Galveston. Only about 10 min to our cruise parking lot. The place is directly off of Rt 45 , with easy access to the Seawall and restaurants. Big super Target within walking distance. Room is clean and a good size for the price. I booked on line with priority club and paid $82 with tax. No breakfast, but coffee maker in the room. Has HBO and free Internet

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked a room and didn't notice it was "advance purchase" or non-refundable. When my father became ill, I cancelled the reservation 8 days in advance. My father passed away on the night of the reservation. Neel Shah, the GM, won't even give the courtesy of a return call or email. I contacted guest services for Candlewood Suites and they said I would get a response within 48 hours. Today is day 3 and no response from them, either.

Be careful when you book here. Make sure you clearly look at the reservation details because the hotel will trick you into a non-cancelable reservation.

There apparently is ZERO compassion by this property when it comes to a valid reason for cancelling and ZERO customer service when it comes to the General Manager, Neel Shah.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Galveston, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear David G,

First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as this very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Magnolia, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed just one night with my wife and 2 kids and could have not been more pleased. The location is easy to find and there are many stores and restaurants nearby. Check-in was a breeze, even though we arrived an hour before check-in time. The hotel had an overall appearance of cleanliness and the staff was polite. The room was spacious and the bathroom was clean. The air conditioner works great. We never had a problem with it being too warm in our room. The pool was clean, although not fancy at all. My kids loved it!

When I return to Galveston, I will probably stay here again. Even though it is not on the beach, its location is convienent and nothing is more than 15 minutes away. Who wants to look at the brown water of the Gulf of Mexico anyway?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!