“Location is very good for getting to cruise port” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Rendon, Tx
“Location is very good for getting to cruise port”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We like staying here when we cruise from Galveston. Only about 10 min to our cruise parking lot. The place is directly off of Rt 45 , with easy access to the Seawall and restaurants. Big super Target within walking distance. Room is clean and a good size for the price. I booked on line with priority club and paid $82 with tax. No breakfast, but coffee maker in the room. Has HBO and free Internet

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked a room and didn't notice it was "advance purchase" or non-refundable. When my father became ill, I cancelled the reservation 8 days in advance. My father passed away on the night of the reservation. Neel Shah, the GM, won't even give the courtesy of a return call or email. I contacted guest services for Candlewood Suites and they said I would get a response within 48 hours. Today is day 3 and no response from them, either.

Be careful when you book here. Make sure you clearly look at the reservation details because the hotel will trick you into a non-cancelable reservation.

There apparently is ZERO compassion by this property when it comes to a valid reason for cancelling and ZERO customer service when it comes to the General Manager, Neel Shah.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Galveston, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear David G,

First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as this very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Magnolia, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed just one night with my wife and 2 kids and could have not been more pleased. The location is easy to find and there are many stores and restaurants nearby. Check-in was a breeze, even though we arrived an hour before check-in time. The hotel had an overall appearance of cleanliness and the staff was polite. The room was spacious and the bathroom was clean. The air conditioner works great. We never had a problem with it being too warm in our room. The pool was clean, although not fancy at all. My kids loved it!

When I return to Galveston, I will probably stay here again. Even though it is not on the beach, its location is convienent and nothing is more than 15 minutes away. Who wants to look at the brown water of the Gulf of Mexico anyway?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Forney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have never stayed at a Candlewood Suites before but I was pleasantly surprised! The room was wonderful. I loved the full kitchen, it came in very handy! The staff was wonderful and the construction crew that have been staying there (aka "the thugs") were awesome as well. They helped us in choosing some great local places for good burgers! We usually stay on the Seawall but I believe that I will book here again the next time we come. I also loved the extra little family of 4 that show themselves to very few... that was another one of the highlights of my stay! Great and friendly staff!!!!! I had a blast here!
Connie Ivy
Forney, TX

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here a week. The manager and staff were very helpful and nice. Price was good because of the #of days we stayed. Missed not being on the beach but is close. If you stay for a period of time you don't have daily room service. They will give you what ever you need though, if you ask.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stayed here twice, and the second time around was better since they with their new Manager,GREAT inside, the room is very nice and spacious. The bed is one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on, it's one of those new special mattresses. Good variety of fitness room equipment. Swinmming pool and hot tub was good and prices very reasonable for hotel fare.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The weekend before the 4th of July, my wife and her sister’s family went down to the coast to try and catch some sunshine. We stayed Saturday and Sunday night at the Candlewood, and were quite pleased with the stay. There’s a pool, which seems rare for the brand. The deck is a good size for the hotel, and there’s a hot tub, too. The staff, especially Ashley, was friendly and made excellent dining recommendations. Proximity to Target (across the street), the freeway, the Strand (downtown) was a bonus. The beach was less than a 10 minute drive. Bronco Burrito is just a minute down the street and has must try breakfast burritos. We loved the convenience of the full kitchen to premake drinks to take to the beach. Only drawback is that there was no ice machine and the freezer in the room lacked a hyper-ice-creation setting. Rooms had window AC unit, but it was controlled by an in-wall thermostat. All in all, a great weekend base for the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!