“Nice Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Magnolia, Texas
“Nice Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed just one night with my wife and 2 kids and could have not been more pleased. The location is easy to find and there are many stores and restaurants nearby. Check-in was a breeze, even though we arrived an hour before check-in time. The hotel had an overall appearance of cleanliness and the staff was polite. The room was spacious and the bathroom was clean. The air conditioner works great. We never had a problem with it being too warm in our room. The pool was clean, although not fancy at all. My kids loved it!

When I return to Galveston, I will probably stay here again. Even though it is not on the beach, its location is convienent and nothing is more than 15 minutes away. Who wants to look at the brown water of the Gulf of Mexico anyway?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Forney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have never stayed at a Candlewood Suites before but I was pleasantly surprised! The room was wonderful. I loved the full kitchen, it came in very handy! The staff was wonderful and the construction crew that have been staying there (aka "the thugs") were awesome as well. They helped us in choosing some great local places for good burgers! We usually stay on the Seawall but I believe that I will book here again the next time we come. I also loved the extra little family of 4 that show themselves to very few... that was another one of the highlights of my stay! Great and friendly staff!!!!! I had a blast here!
Connie Ivy
Forney, TX

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here a week. The manager and staff were very helpful and nice. Price was good because of the #of days we stayed. Missed not being on the beach but is close. If you stay for a period of time you don't have daily room service. They will give you what ever you need though, if you ask.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stayed here twice, and the second time around was better since they with their new Manager,GREAT inside, the room is very nice and spacious. The bed is one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on, it's one of those new special mattresses. Good variety of fitness room equipment. Swinmming pool and hot tub was good and prices very reasonable for hotel fare.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The weekend before the 4th of July, my wife and her sister’s family went down to the coast to try and catch some sunshine. We stayed Saturday and Sunday night at the Candlewood, and were quite pleased with the stay. There’s a pool, which seems rare for the brand. The deck is a good size for the hotel, and there’s a hot tub, too. The staff, especially Ashley, was friendly and made excellent dining recommendations. Proximity to Target (across the street), the freeway, the Strand (downtown) was a bonus. The beach was less than a 10 minute drive. Bronco Burrito is just a minute down the street and has must try breakfast burritos. We loved the convenience of the full kitchen to premake drinks to take to the beach. Only drawback is that there was no ice machine and the freezer in the room lacked a hyper-ice-creation setting. Rooms had window AC unit, but it was controlled by an in-wall thermostat. All in all, a great weekend base for the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My family stayed here for 2 nights for a beach vacation. I loved having a kitchen to prepare meals and save money on dining out. The Target across the street was great for picking up groceries. The rooms were clean, though a little small. We had a DVD player in the living area and borrowed movies from the front desk. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My only complaints were, the silverware in the room wasn't very clean. I rewashed them before we used them. The Wifi was weak in our room, but they had a computer near the lobby for guest use. We also smelled cigarette smoke on occasion even though our room was non-smoking. I think some of the other rooms on our floor (3rd) were smoking rooms. You do have to drive to the beach, but it's not far and there is parking on the seawall. I enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Candlewood Suites is a very nice hotel with spacious rooms, a kitchenette, gym and a convenience store.

The negative things of this hotel is that for 2 adults, the bed is somewhat small and more importantly, the parking lot and the pool area outside has too many MOSQUITOS which can turn a beautiful evening outside into a nightmare.
Mosquitos attacked my wife and I as well as my puppy. Every time i walked our puppy, i can see him dancing because of the mosquitos around the hotel.
It made outside very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: bring your insect repellent, mosquitos everywhere.