“Neat old drugstore, average expensive food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Fort Worth, Texas
“Neat old drugstore, average expensive food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Loved looking thru the old store, did not love the food. I had a hamburger, the meat patty was premade and greasy...and they do not have french fries.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Alvin, Texas
“Love that Reuben!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We love coming down to Star Drug Store for the awesome Reuben sandwiches and yummy soup, potato salad, and desserts!! This place is definately worth paying a visit to.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Channelview, Texas
“Good food, fun atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Eggs Benedict, tomato basil soup with actual tomatoes in it, the "Rachel". It all was good! The Halloween decorations were cute!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great food, great staff, reasonably priced "stuff" to browse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We visited here at lunch time - the food was great and it was interesting to see how the cabinets could be raised out of the way to protect items from hurricane damage.

Visited October 2012
Everywhere
“Huh?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

How is this reviewed so high? I walked in and a nice older gentleman said brunch? Yeah so I sit at the counter area. And wait. Now it's about 1pm time I make it for brunch and not too crowded at all. Several people working behind the counter there. No acknowledgement. So a random waitress walks up beside me and asks if I'm ready to order after about 10 minutes of me smiling and kinda waiving at the folks behind the counter. I order coffee, water, 2 eggs, bacon, pancake, grits. So sit for another 10 minutes. No drinks. Finally 1 of the guys behind the counter(literally less than a foot away from me lol) says hey did you want to order something? So I give him my song/dance and say I would really like my drinks before the food comes and he gets my coffee and water.

So food comes out piecemeal. First, I get a pancake. If you cook, most know that 1st pancake you make from your batter usually doesn't come out the best so you go on to your next one but naw that's the one I got. So tough couldn't even cut it and dry dry. So about 3 minutes later the rest of breakfast showed. Couldn't even try to drown the pancake in syrup because no one had brought me any. Just tossed the pancake in front of me and quickly walked away. Bacon hard as rocks. I really think it had been sitting back there for a while. You can see them cooking back there and I didn't see anybody cooking bacon after I ordered. Most folks were ordering lunch items. Grits were worse than mine and I'm not the best cook to put it mildy. Eggs were actually good and made soft scramble as requested. No one asked how the food was for about 15 minutes. After that, the place cleared out and now EVERY server in there is asking if I need a refill or if I'm doing ok. Maybe they noticed the unhappy look on my face by now or realized their tip was in jeopardy. I don't know.
So you check out at front. 10 buck breakfast. Same price as IHOP and you know what you are getting into there at least. Gentleman asked me how everything was. I told him basically what I wrote here. Eggs only thing that was good and got a 'oh well have a good day now'. Huh?
Go elsewhere. Cute atmosphere but food not even decent

Visited October 2012