“Amazing, amazing and more amazing. ” 5 of 5 stars

Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   7 Hope Blvd., Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Amazing, amazing and more amazing. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

From check in to check out, our experience at the moody gardens resort was phenomenal. The hotel desk staff was so warm and welcoming. Our room was AMAZING. So spacious and we had a wonderful view of the pyramids and pool. The pool was awesome, it was heated just enough that it was perfect on a cloudy day. The swim up bar is great. We did a tour of the rainforest and it was a blast. We even took a selfie with a monkey! I highly recommend staying here. We definitely will be becoming back. Friendly for all ages and occasions!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I preface this review by saying that we usually rent a villa, a B&B, or similar, with a staff for our family vacations of approximately twenty-five. We have pretty high expectations. We chose Moody Gardens because we now need ADA accessibility, and we wanted to be close to home. We were not disappointed. Rooms: my hubby and I were very pleased with the jr suite. It's perfect for a family of four. My in laws had the King Palm suite, which was incredible..the view of Gavleston was lovely, and with thirty of us, the living room was ideal to convene and visit. The standard rooms are nice,also. Food: phenomenal. We had our family Passover Seder here, and if you're not familiar with a Seder, it is a long meal, with specific foods, dietary restrictions, and a specific order to the meal. We supplied the menu, recipes, and order of the meal, and catering did an outstanding job. It was a beautiful Seder. The food at Shearns was wonderful, too. I snuck away and had a terrific massage in the spa from Maureen, and I highly recommend! To summarize, I can't say enough good things about Sales Manager Mike Boles, Lora Larsen, Galyn, and the staff at Moody Gardens. They went above and beyond to make our family vacation wonderful. We were very pleased with the catering, ADA accessibility, food, massage, and the hotel grounds. My ten year old loved the ice cream shop near the pool! And I haven't even touched on how great it is to be able to walk over to the imax, pyramids, 3D shows, and rainforest exhibits! It was a great family "Sedercation", and my hubby and I plan to return soon for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong! The junior suites are quite nice, and have a curtain to divide t...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We booked one night here and drove from Dallas for our 7 day cruise the next morning. Our room was nice and the bed comfortable. We were able to leave our car parked in a covered lot and took a shuttle bus to the port the morning of our cruise. When we returned we called to let them know and they sent the shuttle bus to pick us up and return us to our car. Very happy with our experience!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Maybe the inclimate weather hurt but there were some things they could have done better. First of all we had reserved two rooms and the other room we were paying for they gave to our employee, and of course it was the room with the water view...when I asked about upgrading our room they said no upgrades available. Even though we provided my spouse's allergy listing in advance THREE different times (breakfast, luncheon & room service) tomatoes (which close her throat) were on her plate. All the servers were very gracious and corrected the problem but it shouldn't have been a problem as we reported allergies in advance and handed them a "business" card listing the allergies. Some of the gym equipment, specifically cardo units need some work, one was literally whistling...and one of the handles on the woman's sauna and three shower curtains were missing. The gym is actually quite nice and large and the has the newest Cybex machines. Overall nice property, a lot to do, but could have been better.

Room Tip: bay side view rooms if you like the water view vs. the water park side.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Gold Bar, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We chose this hotel for an overnight stay prior to our cruise because they offer free parking for the duration of your cruise with no minimum stay (even on weekends). They also have a roundtrip shuttle to the cruise terminal for $20 per room. The hotel was nice, clean, and had a beautiful pool where they played music until closing, and had a swim up bar... great way to start our vacation. The only downside was that we opened a tab to our room, then my friend and I split the bill and paid separately - her with cash and me with credit. In the morning, we found that we were still being charged the $30 we had already paid. We went to the front desk and talked with Amber, who sorted through several bar receipts but could not find anything indicating that we had paid. After 15-20 minutes we told her that we would run into town and check with her when we got back, figuring that she would find what she needed. When we returned, she had still not found the receipts. Since we were at the pool when we ordered, we had not taken ours. Amber tried to reach a manager for us but was on hold at least 20 minutes with still no reply. She called the staff from the pool up to the desk (we had ordered with one but paid another), but of course they could not remember us. At this point I demanded to see the manager, but again she could not reach him, apparently they were busy in the restaurant and the manager was working there. We spent well over an hour trying to sort a $30 bill and though Amber was very pleasant and truly tried to help us - in the end waiving the fees - this last experience with Moody Gardens left a bad taste in my mouth. A manager should be available to deal with customers when there is a discrepancy, not busing tables.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel was beautiful, but the best thing there for my family was the pool. It was quite large and heated to a nice temperature. It was a little piece of paradise with a small island and a bridge, attached hot tub.... The location was great with lots of things on the property to keep the family entertained. Unfortunately for us, many of the fun things such as the water park and the zip lines were closed during the week and only opened for weekends during the off season. I should have researched the days of our stay more carefully!
We were a short drive from the beach but after seeing it I was glad we hadn't stayed on the beach front. Crossing the street from the hotels to the beach on foot was treacherous. There were lots of cool bars and options for casual dining along the seawall row of restaurants.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Maple Grove, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My two young sons and I visited Galveston the week of March 30. While it was our spring break, apparently Texas' spring break was the week before. The pool was fabulous and the hotel was immaculately clean, but many of the attractions at the hotel had very limited hours and seemed to change by the hour! In addition, many of the attractions in Galveston were closed. The amusement park on the pier, the water park, etc. Pretty hard for 11 and 12 year olds to understand this. This should have been represented as I researched this hotel on trip advisor prior to booking. I don't blame the hotel staff as they were great, but I am certainly extremely disappointed in Trip Advisor!!!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center? Share your experiences!