“Great Family Destination” 5 of 5 stars

ICE LAND Packages
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
“Great Family Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Really a great place to take a family. We have 3 children 13, 10, and 3. You can park your car at the hotel (free) and not move it until you leave. The little touches, the penguin with prizes, the smores, bounce house, playground, pool, beach, movies for kids, karaoke, and small water park really set this place apart. If you want to see Galveston you can venture off no more than 5 miles and really take in the Galveston sights, then back to the resort. This trip was for my son's birthday, my daughter has already said she want to come for her birthday. Rooms were normal, but nice. No microwave. Hotel staff was great. Coffee place could use some help.

Room Tip: Pyramid view is very nice. Gives kids something to look at while Mom/Dad are unpacking, or getting r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Kyle S,

Thank you so much for the nice comments. We are delighted that you stayed with us during your trip to Galveston. I am glad that we were able to make it memorable for your son’s birthday.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Moody Gardens soon.

Garvin O'Neil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Crockett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We attend a business conference every year at Moody Gardens Hotel, but this year it seemed that everything was just a bit more special. From Franco in the Café in the Park restaurant to Benny at the pool bar and everyone in between, the staff go out of their way to make sure your stay is seamless. As has been stated, the hotel recently completed a multi-million dollar renovation to the entire property, and you can tell the attention to detail. As I think back on the last four days, three nights, I can't think of anything the hotel or staff could have done to make it any better. Thank you GM Mr. O'Neill for leading by example and providing a very enjoyable hotel experience. You are doing things right!

Room Tip: Air conditioners almost work too good!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear drdux,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your business trip stay with us. It is rewarding to hear that you felt everything was a bit more special than the previous years you have been our guest. Your kind words about our staff and renovations are appreciated and I have forwarded your comments on to everyone at Moody Gardens.

Thank you for leaving your review. I look forward to welcoming you back to Moody Gardens in the future for business or pleasure!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was very satisfied with my stay at this hotel. I did a little research prior to booking it, but either overlooked or it wasn't advertised that you had free access to Palm Beach, which is a water park directly behind it. I had paid for 2 rooms for 2 nights for my family and I, which was well worth the money!!! I would say the only thing that could have made it better would have been to have a breakfast included! We did eat at the cafe twice while we were there. The food was a bit pricey, but they were reasonable portions for your money, and everything tasted pretty good. I would like to say that the beds were super comfortable!!!!

Dear 720Wendy,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is delightful to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy Palm Beach. Thank you for the nice comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Moody Gardens in the future.

Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Every summer I take two different groups of grandchildren to Moody Gardens. It is the highlight of our year. The children love the hotel as much as anything. It is clean, beautiful and comfortable. Rates are a little high and the reservationists although sweet seem a little incompetent and slow. But overall we love the experience. The staff working in the hotel in every area are very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear marsha f,

We are honored that you choose Moody Gardens for your annual summer trip with your grandchildren! It is delightful to hear that your visit is the highlight of your family’s year and that Moody Gardens is a part of the special memories you make with your grandchildren. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you incurred while making reservations. I have passed your comments about the reservationist on to the Reservations Manager so she can make sure all agents are trained to efficiently help guests.

Summer is Galveston’s high season when schools are out and all the attractions and amenities are in full swing. We do have lower rates in the fall (October, November) and spring (March and April) where the temperatures are cooler (but still warm). We would love for you to come visit us in the fall or early spring. Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall there is always something going on at Moody Gardens to enjoy.

Thank you so much for the nice notes about our hotel and staff! We hope to welcome you and your family back to Moody Gardens soon.

Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed here doing a work training session. Friendly and Helpful staff ( they get an A+ on this). The hotel is on the older side but it looks like they are updating. Very nice pool area, nice clean rooms, WIFI had a good connection.

Pricing on Food and Drinks, on the high side but the food was not bad.. There is a small fridge in the room, but no microwave. kitchenette, etc.

Huge waterpark next door as well as a bunch of other attractions.

There is a nice Vietnam Memorial on location which I thought was in very good taste.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear drakethib,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your business trip stay with us. We are delighted to hear you found our staff helpful and friendly. All rooms and public areas have been update during our, just completed, a 20 million dollar renovation. Thank you for the kind words in reference to our Vietnam Memorial.

We appreciate your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to Moody Gardens again for business or pleasure!

General Manger
Mobile, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We recently stayed a week for a dance convention being held at the facility. The rooms were cleaned well (twice a day if you like) and always plenty of towels. We had issues with our fridge, iron, and sink drain while there and all were replaced / repaired quickly and the front desk even followed up to see if things were taken care of. Air worked well. Plenty of attractions on site but we spent most of our off time in the pool. Great for kids and poolside service for beverages and food for adults. There are numerous places to eat on site. We had dinner at one of these during our stay and the service was great! Prices were reasonable. The waterpark located steps from the hotel was wonderful and I highly recommend it for family fun. My only gripe is the cost. Even a discounted rate was too steep for a hotel stay. If it had not been a requirement of my daughters dance team to stay there, I would not have considered it due to the price. Otherwise, an awesome stay!!!

Stayed July 2014
Dear MeanGirl2,

Thank you for leaving a review about your recent stay at Moody Gardens. While I was pleased that your overall experience was great, I sincerely apologize for the issues with your fridge, iron and sink. I am glad to hear we were able to correct them in a satisfactory manner.

Summer is Galveston’s high season when schools are out and all the attractions and amenities are in full swing. But, allow me to share a secret to Galveston Island. Maybe the best time to visit is in the fall (October, November) and spring (March and April) where the temperatures are cooler (but still warm), the island is less crowded and the beach and the shoreline are quite pristine…and one more thing…the hotel rates are much less.

We appreciate your kind feedback and we would love to welcome you back to Moody Gardens soon.

Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great room with nice amenities, very friendly and helpful staff. The room was so quiet and comfortable - great bed! The grand kids had so much to do and see, as did we. Lazy river, Pirates display, ropes course, swimming, etc!!!! The people behind the check in desk were so helpful when I lost my tickets to a couple of venues! Valet parking was excellent and easy. I highly recommend this place for a family or private get-a-way!

Dear WPMBayt,

Thank you so much for the nice review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room, amenities and Moody Gardens’ attractions during your stay. We are eager to welcome you back to Moody Gardens in the future!

Garvin O'Neil

Been to Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center? Share your experiences!