“Great Family Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“Great Family Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Just stayed here again over the 4th of July and had a great time. The rooms have just been renovated and updated. The staff was extremely friendly from the bellman to the security people I worked with when I thought I lost my Wallet (fell out of my purse in the car). Even the valet helped me search my car for the wallet. Great location away from the Seawall but did not miss the beach because you get a free pass to Palm Beach (waterpark with sand) which is much better than the beach, no seaweed and waiters. Highly recommend this hotel for families as there are a lot of organized activities for kids which enable both parents and kids have a vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear TheaTX,

We are so glad that you chose to spend the 4th of July at Moody Gardens. We are delighted to hear that you and your family liked our newly renovated rooms and found our staff friendly and helpful. We love to welcome children to the hotel and I am glad that you and your family enjoyed Palm Beach and the Kids Crew Activities.

We hope to welcome you back to Moody Gardens for many more getaways and vacations!

Garvin O'Neil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Clean, updated, family friendly hotel. They have adult/children time done perfectly. Everyone greets you with a smile and they are very accommodating. Lovely rooms and big bathrooms, we loved the pool bar and Palm Beach!! Anthony at the front desk was so nice! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Txnewslady,

Thank you for the nice comments. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy the pool bar and Palm Beach.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to Moody Gardens soon.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I love this hotel! It is very clean and the new renovations are beautiful. The staff is extremely friendly. It makes a wonderful one stop spot for a family vacation. One stop to many attractions for adults and kids so everyone is happy. A great vacation really close to home. This is our fourth time here and we still love it. Highly recommend it for families.

Dear 4EZ,

Thank you so much for the nice review. It’s great to hear that you and your family enjoyed the new rooms and found our staff friendly. We are delighted that you and your family continue to select Moody Gardens as a repeat vacation spot.

Thank you for your loyalty. We hope to welcome you and your family back very soon!

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The place, rooms, staff, pool, property, and service was fantastic. The staff from top to bottom was excellent. The food was ok at best. Stay there, play there, swim there, visit the pyramids, and eat somewhere else or bring back carry out.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Once_in_a_while_Sa,

Thank you for leaving a review about your recent stay at Moody Gardens. We are pleased to hear that you found Moody Gardens and the staff fantastic.

We hope we get the chance to welcome you back to Moody Gardens in the future.

Lufkin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This resort is very clean and everyone was nice but, my room was in a horrible spot at the hotel. I was on the 6th floor in a corner. To get from the parking area to my room was a task in itself. If I ever plan on going to Galveston again, and I was booked in one of these rooms, I would seek elsewhere.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

As an executive I have stayed in many four-star hotels, but this is truly a remarkable place to stay. I have never had anyone go so far out of the way to make me feel welcome I will stay at the Moody Gardens every single time I come here it is a wonderful place and I couldn't recommend it more.

Stayed July 2014
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Jim Y,

Thank you so much for the nice comments about our hotel and staff! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything during your stay.

We would love to chance to welcome you back to Moody Gardens in the future.

Guadalajara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is a great stay for a family. The resort has something for everyone from the water-park for the children to the swim-up bar for the adults. The rooms are recently renovated-really lovely decor. Nearly every room has a view of something. You really get into "vacation mode" quickly. The staff is very helpful (though I'd suggest a tour of the hotel for new-hires as a front desk clerk sent me 180 in the wrong direction). Bring ear-plugs. It's not a place for romance...the walls are paper-thin. I could hear the guy in the next room unzip his pants. The next night a baby cried non-stop despite the parents and three other children's efforts to quiet her (yes, without ever seeing them, you will know who all the folk are in the room next to you). If you have a family and want a full-service resort, this is the perfect spot in Galveston.

Room Tip: Ask if it's possible to be in a room with no one to either side of you. If the occupancy is low...