This was our 4th or 5th visit - this time for a dance competition. We stayed in a Gulf View Suite. We will keep coming back, but here are my observations:
- The service was friendly. This seems to be trending upward over the last few years.
- Although the hotel was crowded, it was never unbearable. Again, the staff does a good job.
- Lots to do for families.
- The pool is a nice blend of kid friendly and adult friendly. Food and bar service is pretty good if a little slow at times.
- Complimentary access to Palm Beach.
- Location is perfect if you want to go to Schlitterbahn.
- Room service was quick and good.
- Towels by the pool. You have to keep track of 'towel cards' the whole time which you exchange for towels. Mildly annoying, and part of what keeps this from being a 4 or 5 star resort.
- No discounts for the Moody Gardens pyramids.
- Rooms are in need of an update - which I think is underway.
- TV's: The most irritating remotes I can imagine.
- Phone systems seem to be 20 years behind the times. Tip: just dial 0 for the operator when none of the buttons work.