This place was pretty nice. It boasts Four Diamond awards. However, I did not find the service to be Four Diamond quality.
We were here for a Legal Education Seminar. When we checked in, we found that one of the six people in our party was placed in a room in "the North Tower" which was really far away from the rest of us. We checked in on the day before the seminar, so, in my opinion, they should have been able to move her to a room closer to us. However, they would not, and the customer service rep who was "helping" us was very condescending, and avoided pointed questions.
Further, the wifi, though free, was shoddy. As an attorney, I am in constant need of wifi, even during a seminar, to be in touch with clients and my office. I ended up having to use the hot-spot on my cell phone the entire time, and letting my coworkers use it too. Now I have to pay AT&T an extra fee because I went over my data allowance.
Also, we went to the hotel bar on the 9th floor, and ordered drinks. At this particular time, there were only two of us, and the waiter added 17% gratuity to the check, as if we were a large party.
- Also Known As:
- Moody Gardens Hotel Spa And Convention Center
- Moody Gardens Hotel Hotel Galveston
- Moody Gardens Hotel Hotel
- Moody Gardens Motel
- Moody Gardens Galveston
- Moody Garden Hotel Galveston
- Moody Garden Hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.