The hotel is set in beautiful gardens on the lagoon side of Galveston (not my favorite tourist destination). It is somewhat set back from the esplanade so a car is advisable if you want to see the town. The grounds contain several attractions (IMAX, Rain Forest etc) making it a good getaway for families. The decor seems a little dated now - I was somewhat overwhelmed by all the pink and teal! The staff were welcoming and very helpful but I found it a little difficult to navigate around the many corridors as the rooms are widely distributed. It is clear that there have been updates to the spacious rooms, but they still have an 80-90s feel, and there was some wear and tear - although minor. The bed was comfortable, but I should have preferred less resilient pillows. The air conditioning was excellent and quiet. There was a Keurig coffee maker in the bathroom along with higher-end amenities.
The food is generally good and reasonably priced. In the off season there can be a number of meetings and conventions, but the resort is large enough to cope with them.
If you want the best you will want to wait until there has been some additional updating.
- Also Known As:
- Moody Gardens Hotel Spa And Convention Center
- Moody Gardens Hotel Hotel Galveston
- Moody Gardens Hotel Hotel
- Moody Gardens Motel
- Moody Gardens Galveston
- Moody Garden Hotel Galveston
- Moody Garden Hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.