“Pro's and con's but not bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Galveston

You added Four Points by Sheraton Galveston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Galveston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Seawall Blvd, I-45 South Between 23 & 24 Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Pro's and con's but not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have quite a lot to say about this place in order to give it a fair review. I stayed here 2 weeks ago whilst on a solo road trip around Texas. This hotel is in a great location - right on the sea front, near the pleasure pier and several restaurants. Lots of free parking. Check in was quick and painless, not much of a welcome (not much personality from the girl) but I got my keys easy enough. I was put in room 208 which I was impressed with when I got there - quite a big room , 2 double beds, great a/c, fridge, tv,etc. Nice spacious bathroom. All very clean. Bed was very comfortable. Bumped into pleasant cleaning lady who asked if everything was ok.
Went and sat by the pool which was clean and there was a stack of pool towels for guests.
Great 1st nights sleep. In the morning I saw the same cleaning lady who asked if my room needed anything - I mentioned some towels would be good as I only had one large towel. When I got back later she had indeed left me towels- but not serviced my room? I didn't think I had to spell out everything I needed her to do. Not the end of the world as I can make my own bed I guess. The next day I saw her again and she asked me what I needed so this time I said 'yes normal room service please' and this time I got it.
My other thing to mention is the first morning I had no hot water in my shower, so took a cold shower as I was in a rush and reported it at front desk on my way out. The following morning I was mad to discover the same problem! Another cold shower and I reported it at front desk - when I got back later I saw the maintenance man who stopped me when I was going in to my room to apologise and tell me that he can't fix the water as its a bigger problem so he suggests I move rooms to accross the corridor. I only have 1 night left - but he has shut all the water off so I have no choice. I pack my stuff and carry it accross to 207. He offers me a voucher for a free breakfast as compensation - not really much compensation,
I didn't like 207 as much, for one it was a very 'dark' room as no sun gets to that room, and secondly the a/c was so noisy I had to turn it off - no way I could have slept with that noise! But it was for 1 night so I dealt with it.
The other thing that happened while I was there was a fire/fire alarm about 5pm one evening. I made my way outside in my shorts and tshirt, just grabbing my room key on my way out. A small group of guests gathered outside reception and fire trucks arrived. It appeared to be 'real' although I saw no smoke/flames. We waited. There were reception staff around but noone cared to tell us what was going on. I overheard one of them tell another that guests probably couldnt come back in for another 2 hrs! But again none of them told us that! I also overheard that it was a small fire in the laundry on ground floor. I approached a staff member and asked if it was going to be 2 hrs and if so could I please get some warmer clothes/carkeys/wallet from my room quickly but was told I couldn't enter. When we finally allowed back in there was no apology or explanation. My biggest gripe with the whole situation was the lack of communication with guests, the staff here desperately need a huge amount of customer care training!
The next morning about 9am the fire alarm sounded again! There was a tannoy announcement that it was a test, which I guess is fair enough - but why did it need to sound for like 20 minutes at 9am as a test - people are on vacation! I packed my stuff to leave as I was leaving that day any way!
So to sum up -
Positives = hotel is in a great location and the rooms that don't face the pool get more sunlight. The rooms are spacious and clean. Pool is clean. Free parking.
Negatives = reception staff need customer care training and training in how to handle an emergency with guests! Some of the a/c units are very noisy.
Would I stay here again? Probably - but there are many other choices in that area so my negatives experiences might make me choose somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't face the pool for more sunshine
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were in town for a conference. By chance there was major festival taking place. The hotel is in a strategic location. It's within walking distance of Pleasure Pier. Also there are several restaurants within walking distance. The staff was friendly and courteous. Also there's a nice bar that carriers top shelf spirits. If you want to walk or run the coastline its a great location as well. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Erinn A, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Madisohn N,

Neosho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We got a room with 2 queen size beds, this was a great room till we got ready for bed and these flood lights were shining in our room, the clerk came up and fixed the curtain and gave us a comp breakfast

Room Tip: we stayed in room 309, try not to get this room due to flood light that shines through window.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Conroe, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our stay at this hotel was brief it was only one night due to a fire. We arrived a little early on a Sunday afternoon and allowed to check in early with no problems. The hotel was nice and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were given room 214 on the second floor. The elevators worked great and fast and the hallways were clean. Our room was a good size and very clean. The beds were queen size and the most comfortable I've slept on. We loved the beds! The bathroom was clean with soap, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers in the shower. The conditioner wasn't very good I would suggest bringing your own. The soap and shampoo were good. The blow dryer was excellent and dried my hair in minutes. The WIFI was extremely slow and sometimes non existent. They do have a kitchen that is open for breakfast and dinner. I can't comment on the food because I didn't eat there. The next day we were out all day taking tours and shopping. We got back to the hotel in the afternoon and my daughter and her boyfriend decided to take a nap. I went out by the pool to make a phone call and then went back upstairs to see if my daughter was awake. When I went into the hallway from the pool area I smelled something burning. It smelled like wire burning I didn't see any smoke and the staff were going about their business like nothing was wrong so I thought maybe it was nothing. I went up to my room and my daughter was still sleeping so I went back out to the pool area and called my husband to check in. While I was on the phone the fire alarm started going off in the hotel which I could not here in the pool area and my daughter woke up to the alarm put on her shoes and went into the smoked filled hallway looking for the stairs. There was a staff member that ran past her to the end of the hallway and down the stairs. He just left her there standing in the hallway looking for the stairs. She found the stairs on her own and when she got to the bottom the same staff member was coming back up the stairs and apologized to her. She made it outside and found me in the pool area I could not get out because there was a gate around the pool. The only way out of the pool area was through the hotel which I could not do. No staff members came to help me or check to see if anyone was in the pool area or the gym which was also outside. There was a door in the gym that lead outside so went in there and tried it but it was locked. I was stuck out there! This makes no sense there needs to be a way out of the gym or pool area without going through the hotel in case there is a fire. I should have been able to exit out the gym doors into the parking lot. I had to put a chair next to the fence on the inside and one on the other side of the fence. My daughters boyfriend helped me climb over. No one else came to help and it was still hard to get over that fence even standing on chairs since I am only 5ft. 2in. The staff had no idea what to do in case of a fire or an emergency it seemed to me like they only were looking out for themselves. No one help the guest! No one made sure every guest evacuated. No one came outside to tell the guest what was going on. We all just stood outside waiting. The whole situation was very unorganized and after seeing the way the staff handled the fire only looking out for their own safety I know longer felt safe to stay there. The only way I found out anything was when one of the staff came outside talking on the phone telling someone that a fire started in the laundry room when the kitchen staff put greasy towels next to the fan and it sparked a fire. The guest started going back in the hotel so I guess a staff member had told one of the guest and they told us standing outside that we could go back in. I went straight to our room grabbed my stuff as quickly as possible and went down stairs to check out. The staff apologized and told me they would call hotels.com to refund my money. I waited a day and called hotels.com to see if the hotel did what they said and called to get my refund and they did. They handled that part great and I am satisfied with my refund however They need to work on fire safety and what to do in case of an emergency. They need more training!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We reserved a room at 4 Points Sheraton in Galveston for 2 nights before our cruise. The room was reserved over a month before we were to arrive on the Sheraton website. When we arrived we were given the handicap access room because they had no other rooms!! Every time some took a shower the whole floor of the bathroom got wet because there was nothing to keep the water from going everywhere. The heater didn't work; it continually blew cold air even when set over 75 degrees. The people at the front desk were not helpful at all; they had no idea where things were in town or how far away they were.
Save your money and go to a better hotel. This one isn't worth your time.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Erinn A, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear John D,

Dallas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was awesome, very clean, the bed comfortable and so close to the beach!
I was there when it was raining, but the front desk guy told me some great places to eat and things to do so we were still happy. The only thing that I was disappointed about was the house keeping woke us up at 9am!

Room Tip: best views
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall our stay was trouble free. We board Carnival all the time and decided that we would stay the night in Galveston the night before. We are sure glad we did! Double queen was spacious and perfect for a family of four. Special "Thank You" to Reyna who also happened to check us in and out. Before boarding our ship I realized we had left behind a bag in our room. Called the hotel and it was Reyna who also successfully retired he bag and had it waiting for me when I arrived back via taxi. Thank you Reyna!

Stayed April 2015
Erinn A, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Angel A,

Erinn Asher

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Galveston? Share your experiences!