“Nice retreat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Galveston

You added Four Points by Sheraton Galveston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Galveston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Seawall Blvd, I-45 South Between 23 & 24 Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
DeSoto, Texas
“Nice retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I decided to take a weekend trip to Galveston to celebrate my birthday and enjoy Dickens on the Strand. The hotel was nice and located on the Seawall. It was clean and convenient. The bed was wonderful! It was so comfortable that we just melted into dreamland each night. We will definitely stay here on future trips.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked 2 nights through a third party hotel booking site. I got a sweet price on one night and was offered to buy another night at the same price, so I did. I confirmed that I indeed had 2 nights paid for in advance and with the front desk during initial check in so that I would not have to move rooms or reswipe keys for room access. The front desk said no problem, you have two nights in room 402. We woke up the first day, with one day STILL paid for and went for a walk down the boardwalk to get lunch. We came back from our walk and everything in our room was gone. Cleaned out. I called the front desk and they acted like they had not a single clue. So I said I'd meet them and the police at the front desk, as I was going to file a police report. Within seconds, before even getting off the phone, our belongings were discovered and the front desk offered to have our items brought to our room. Within 1 or 2 minutes all of our belongings were returned. At this point I thought it was maybe less than an honest mistake. After check out...I noticed a charge for an extra night of 68$ (not the security deposit of 78$ that should have been returned by now) because they didn't put two and two together and charged us for staying an extra day past the first, despite having already paid for a second night. I called the hotel and was placed on hold repeatedly for over an hour and was then finally told that there was nothing that could be done. I have since disputed the charge with my credit card company. The hotel was new and in good repair, but the way they handled my money has pushed me to initiate contact with the 4 points corporate office. This hotel does not deserve to be associated with the brand name, in my opinion. I also encourage anyone with similar issues to contact Galveston PD. As a side note, the keys were programmed for the full 2 days and worked the entire time. Watch your money here. Watch your belongings here. I did not eat here so I can't comment on food quality but the bar and bar staff were excellent. I paid for those services in cash BTW.

Another interesting note, the front desk refused to allow me to use cash as an incidental/damage deposit and INSISTED I swipe a credit card.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Erinn A, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I would like to sincerely apologize for the error on the part of our staff in charging your credit card. While it is no excuse, we do have several new members of our desk staff that are being trained and will most definitely use this as a training tool.. I have addressed the issue of things being removed from your room with the other Managers and department heads. Thank you so much for bring this to my attention. If you could please contact us, we would be more than happy to correct the charge on your credit card.

Thank you so much for your feedback!
Bessemer, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

The hotel sits across from the beach with great views out your window. Has a great lobby area. The rooms are narrow but have a larger space by the large window. The staff were friendly and helpful. The beds were wonderful! The bathroom was small but well equipped. The only problem there was getting cold water out of the faucet with the one handle. It was always warm or hot. Our key cards worked the first day but we had a lot of trouble with them after that. Everyone did. You couldn't phone room to room for some reason. We along with others had trouble with our reservations which had to be handled by the local wedding couple. The restaurant food was very good and reasonable. The problem was service. The server was great but there were not enough to handle the crowds. He also delivered room service. Coffee kept running out, no cups in the morning, couldn't get in the storeroom to get the coffee one morning until we were about done with breakfast. They did give us extra orange juice.

Room Tip: There are a few on the front with a balcony with an unobstructed view of the ocean. You can see the...
Green Features: I know that if you choose to not have maid service, they will give you $5 food/beverage purchases for each day.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

I was expecting a little bit higher standard actually. The hotel seems like it was remodeled fairly recently, but already it's a bit run down, at least our room was. Cleanliness was so-so, the refrigerator was kinda dodgy inside, and the sheets in one of the beds were stained. The beds were very comfy though, we slept very well here. Breakfast isn't complimentary, as one might expect in a hotel like this, but that's hardly a deal breaker. Very noisy air conditioner. The pool is in the sun only until about 1.30. Decent fitness room. Location is good, with reasonable proximity to some cool restaurants and bars, and of course the Pleasure Pier literally across the road.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Steven T, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, October 18, 2014
El_Jefe_Sthlm,

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. Please know that our maintenance team is working hard during the off-season to touch up each room after the usual wear and tear they encounter during the summer. We hope when your travel plans take you back to Galveston Island you choose to stay with us again.

Thanks again,

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

After deciding to spend a few days in Galveston prior to a cruise, I needed a room and found this one. I had certain expectations from a Sheraton and I was not disappointed. It is not a fancy place but is clean, staff is friendly, the room was more than adequate and the location is amazing. I was right on the street fronting the sea wall and was able to walk across the street to the beach. There was a happy hour but I decided to enjoy food at other spots along the sea wall. I was comfortable and felt safe at this hotel. There was a lot of traffic on the frontage road but overall it was easy to cross the street and to get around. I plan to return and spend more time in Galveston and expect to stay at the Sheraton again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view, if you can.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Rhodabow,

We really do appreciate the kind comments and staff recognition as we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

All the Best,

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Great place to stay before a cruise. We had a great bar tender Bill who was lots of fun and very personable.
Room was clean and spacious.

And they allow us to leave our vehicle they for the week.
The hotel is right on the Seawall and across from Pleasure Pier.

Stayed October 2014
Terry H,

Thank you for staying with us! We're lucky to have Bill on our staff, and I'll make sure we relay the message to him. We look forward to seeing you again.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here now. When we go to Galveston we enjoy the seawall area and all that it has to offer. Large comfortable rooms with bedding that is on par with much pricier Hotel chains. The in room ammenities are very nice and are of quality. They offer a bar with your standard offerings, breakfast is available but we usually go out to eat breakfast so the price of the offerings are not something I can really review and nor the quality of them either. The staff have always been very friendly and helpfull. The location to entertainment and dining is probably the best on the seawall.

Room Tip: Rooms on the gound floor can be noisy, as are rooms closer to the pool
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Adam c,

We're glad you choose to stay with us as your home away from home! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

John H.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Galveston? Share your experiences!