I am posting this to help consumers because I do not want what happened to me to happen to anyone else and ruin their Labor Day holiday. I booked and I paid for a room at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, Texas for one night through Hotels.com. The contract stated it was non-refundable. I tried to cancel my room reservation through Hotels.com’s website. This is 2014’s Labor Day weekend and Sheraton/Hotels.com could quickly and easily mitigate their damages by giving the room to someone else. Rooms are in high demand in Galveston, Texas this weekend. The hotels.com website states that if I cancel, I agree to forfeit the moneys paid for one night so I did not cancel my reservation online. Instead. I tried talking to Hotels.com’s customer service dept. to obtain a refund. I told the Hotels.com agent when I called that I did not want to give up the room if I did not get a refund for the money. I wanted to receive goods or services in exchange for my money. Hotels.com put me on hold, then told me they spoke with an agent for Sheraton and/or Four Points by Sheraton in Galveston had agreed to refund my money. Hotels.com rep stated that the Sheraton email confirming the refund was coming an the next few minutes. I wrote the confirmation number for the transaction for the refund that the customer service agent at hotels.com gave me. Instead of an email confirming my refund, I got an email from hotels.com essentially stating Hotels.com and/or Sheraton was keeping my money and the room (no consideration in this contract) and also a deceptive trade practice. This is Texas, USA. Since Sheraton’s email confirmation never arrived, I called Sheraton reservation’s number and their agent told me they did not have any such transaction on record. I tried talking to the Manager for the Four Points hotel but he had left for the night. I called AMEX and disputed the transaction because I did not get a room/or refund and AMEX told me it could take a few weeks to investigate the claim. They took my room and my money and I hope this posting is of use to other travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, Four Points by Sheraton Galveston is near the beach and Pleasure Pier, Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Moody Gardens, Strand Historic District, and Grand 1894 Opera House ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Galveston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Galveston
- Four Points By Sheraton Galveston Hotel Galveston