“Fine” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Galveston

You added Four Points by Sheraton Galveston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Galveston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Seawall Blvd, I-45 South Between 23 & 24 Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
san diego
“Fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The location was good and the rooms were clean. We stayed there before and after an RC cruise out of Galveston. Ate at the cafe one of the mornings we were there and the food was not good and was over priced and the service was very slow. Overall I would say its an average place to stay, but have stayed in better/nicer Four Points.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Steven T, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hi momofkkidsSanDiego,

Thank you for choosing us during your cruise out of Galveston Island. I am disappointed to read your comments and hope to know I will personally be working with our restaurant team to make any changes. I do hope that on your next cruise we will see you again.

Steven T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This is a $125 a night a hotel anywhere else in the US, but because its on Galveston they charge $300+ a night on weekends. The room itself is fine, but you can hear everything going on around you and down the hall.

The curtains do not block out much light at all and there are bright floodlights that light up the side of the building at night. It's not a place to get a restful night of sleep. Especially when you add in the jet engine window unit.

I would rather spend a bit more and stay at the Galvez, then at least l would feel like my money was better spent.

• Stayed July 2014
Hi Shoeless00,

Thank you for your recent stay at our property on Galveston Island. We really do appreciate your business and feedback. I will make sure to personally go check the blinds in your room as well as the air conditioning unit. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Galveston observations

5 star location - 3 star hotel
The location can't be beat but the hotel could be better. My husband and I just spent 2 days here over the fourth of July holiday. We booked far enough in advance that they didn't price gouge us too much however I heard what others were paying and for that price I would have gone to the Galvez! Let's face it - you are staying here for the location so the lack of amenities isn't a big deal. The hotel is older and it shows in some areas. The bed was very comfortable and the room was fairly decent. There was some funky brown stuff on the lamps and mold on the ceiling but the size was nice and the bathroom was clean. Breakfast was just ok - edible but nothing to write home about. Go elsewhere if you have the time as the service was slow as well. The air conditioning worked great but it is one of the old style coolers - big unit under the window - so the fan is really loud. This came in handy when the bar crowd was yelling until the wee hours. By bar I mean a very small spot on the side of the very small lobby right by all the first floor rooms - not a great idea if you want to sleep at some point. The staff were polite but failed to be very responsive or helpful. Checking out took way too long as both staff members didn't seem to know what they were doing. I was shocked that you actually have to go to the lobby and "check out". I can't remember the last time I actually had to go to the lobby to do this. Sheraton - get with the times, no one does this anymore!

Stayed July 2014
Hi donna_tx52,

Thank you for recently staying at the Four Points in Galveston. We really do appreciate your feedback and business. I do apologize for any inconveniences you had during your stay but am glad to hear about the positives. Thank you again for your business and hope you have a great rest of summer.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our family stay was great. Our room was nice and cool, clean and staff was great. Enjoyed that we were smack in the middle of everything. We had long walks in the evening. My daughter loved the pool. Pillows were the softes I've ever sleep on. My husband loved the price just other then an extra $45 was charged on our card a couple days later of checking out. We were told it was a $35 deposit that would be released upon check out.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Steven T, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Amie R.,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments about your recent stay! My team and I appreciate such positive feedback especially from experienced reviewers. I hope that if your travels return you to Galveston Island, you’ll consider being our guest again.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were planning on staying for three days and two nights in April 2014. When we checked in, we were upgraded to one of the suites . The first thing we noticed when we walked in the room was the smell. Musty and stale. However, it was late and our children were tired. We opened the sofa bed so that our kids could go to sleep and there we found a used condom.
After 30 minutes we were put into a regular room. We checked out the next day, as we didn't trust the cleanliness of the hotel.
We are Starwood gold members and have stayed at many Sheraton properties around the world. This property is dirty and rundown.It is most definitely not up to the standards of the other Sheraton properties.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chuck D.,

Thank you very much for sharing feedback about your recent stay with us here at the Four Points in Galveston. We appreciate your honest feedback and I will share your concerns about your experience with our team members in housekeeping to ensure we are inspecting rooms thoroughly. It is only through constructive feedback, such as yours, that we continually improve our experience for all of our guests. We hope you will take the opportunity to visit us in the future if your travels return you to Galveston Island.

El Paso, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very nice and quiet hotel. Big rooms. Comfy beds. I like the free parking and the lot was big. If you stay on the higher floors the view of the ocean is beautiful. Small swimming pool but very nice and lots of chairs around pool. I will stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear SilverRose706,

Thank you for your very kind comments about your recent stay with us! My team and I appreciate such positive feedback especially from experienced reviewers. I hope that if your travels return you to Galveston, you’ll consider being our guest again.

beverly hills mMichigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I were originally scheduled to stay at red roof in, well there was cockroaches there. We moved to this hotel it looked nice and a great value. This hotel is awesome. Very clean, super friendly staff (Aubrey is awesome) good food just a great stay and great value. You are right across from pleasure pier. You can grab breakfast, lunch or dinner here in the restaurant also free fresh coffee in the morning. The bathrooms in the rooms are really nice, beds extremely comfortable, and clean. We will be staying with Four Points again in the future, thanks for such a great stay! Oh and they have a gym!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ashley31297,

It was a pleasure reading your recent feedback about your stay with us! If your travels return you to Galveston Island, I hope you will consider visiting with us again.

Tyler

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Galveston? Share your experiences!