“Great location - just an OK hotel...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Galveston

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Galveston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Galveston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Seawall Blvd, I-45 South Between 23 & 24 Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Great location - just an OK hotel...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Galveston observations

5 star location - 3 star hotel
The location can't be beat but the hotel could be better. My husband and I just spent 2 days here over the fourth of July holiday. We booked far enough in advance that they didn't price gouge us too much however I heard what others were paying and for that price I would have gone to the Galvez! Let's face it - you are staying here for the location so the lack of amenities isn't a big deal. The hotel is older and it shows in some areas. The bed was very comfortable and the room was fairly decent. There was some funky brown stuff on the lamps and mold on the ceiling but the size was nice and the bathroom was clean. Breakfast was just ok - edible but nothing to write home about. Go elsewhere if you have the time as the service was slow as well. The air conditioning worked great but it is one of the old style coolers - big unit under the window - so the fan is really loud. This came in handy when the bar crowd was yelling until the wee hours. By bar I mean a very small spot on the side of the very small lobby right by all the first floor rooms - not a great idea if you want to sleep at some point. The staff were polite but failed to be very responsive or helpful. Checking out took way too long as both staff members didn't seem to know what they were doing. I was shocked that you actually have to go to the lobby and "check out". I can't remember the last time I actually had to go to the lobby to do this. Sheraton - get with the times, no one does this anymore!

Stayed July 2014
Steven T, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hi donna_tx52,

Thank you for recently staying at the Four Points in Galveston. We really do appreciate your feedback and business. I do apologize for any inconveniences you had during your stay but am glad to hear about the positives. Thank you again for your business and hope you have a great rest of summer.

Regards,
Steven T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our family stay was great. Our room was nice and cool, clean and staff was great. Enjoyed that we were smack in the middle of everything. We had long walks in the evening. My daughter loved the pool. Pillows were the softes I've ever sleep on. My husband loved the price just other then an extra $45 was charged on our card a couple days later of checking out. We were told it was a $35 deposit that would be released upon check out.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Steven T, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Amie R.,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments about your recent stay! My team and I appreciate such positive feedback especially from experienced reviewers. I hope that if your travels return you to Galveston Island, you’ll consider being our guest again.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were planning on staying for three days and two nights in April 2014. When we checked in, we were upgraded to one of the suites . The first thing we noticed when we walked in the room was the smell. Musty and stale. However, it was late and our children were tired. We opened the sofa bed so that our kids could go to sleep and there we found a used condom.
After 30 minutes we were put into a regular room. We checked out the next day, as we didn't trust the cleanliness of the hotel.
We are Starwood gold members and have stayed at many Sheraton properties around the world. This property is dirty and rundown.It is most definitely not up to the standards of the other Sheraton properties.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chuck D.,

Thank you very much for sharing feedback about your recent stay with us here at the Four Points in Galveston. We appreciate your honest feedback and I will share your concerns about your experience with our team members in housekeeping to ensure we are inspecting rooms thoroughly. It is only through constructive feedback, such as yours, that we continually improve our experience for all of our guests. We hope you will take the opportunity to visit us in the future if your travels return you to Galveston Island.

El Paso, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very nice and quiet hotel. Big rooms. Comfy beds. I like the free parking and the lot was big. If you stay on the higher floors the view of the ocean is beautiful. Small swimming pool but very nice and lots of chairs around pool. I will stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear SilverRose706,

Thank you for your very kind comments about your recent stay with us! My team and I appreciate such positive feedback especially from experienced reviewers. I hope that if your travels return you to Galveston, you’ll consider being our guest again.

beverly hills mMichigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I were originally scheduled to stay at red roof in, well there was cockroaches there. We moved to this hotel it looked nice and a great value. This hotel is awesome. Very clean, super friendly staff (Aubrey is awesome) good food just a great stay and great value. You are right across from pleasure pier. You can grab breakfast, lunch or dinner here in the restaurant also free fresh coffee in the morning. The bathrooms in the rooms are really nice, beds extremely comfortable, and clean. We will be staying with Four Points again in the future, thanks for such a great stay! Oh and they have a gym!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ashley31297,

It was a pleasure reading your recent feedback about your stay with us! If your travels return you to Galveston Island, I hope you will consider visiting with us again.

San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Hotel was very convenient to Seawall activities. Right across from Pleasure Pier. Huge Gift shop was right next to Pleasure Pier. I also could see the Carnival ship from the hotel. I heard people stay at this hotel the night before to get on cruise ship. I would keep to the front of the hotel...Seawall. Do not go walking in neighborhood behind hotel. But that's just me

Rooms were great. We didn't get one with a view, but we weren't really looking for one. We wanted to walk up and down the Seawall. Bed was very comfy. Bathrooms were great. Only problem was the phones were being updated and we had no phones working in the room.

One bad thing that I was not told when making reservations. Once you get there, you have to have an additional $50 charged on your credit card for incidentals. I asked if they were going to remove the charge immediately when checking out and was told NO. I have to wait for my credit card bank. I told them since they were immediately charging it, were they immediately reversing the charge....they said NO.
Other than that, it was an good place to stay. I just know that there will be that extra charge on my card.

Room Tip: I like the higher level rooms. They tend to be quieter than the bottom ones due to in and outs and...
Green Features: Hotel does recycle. Read about Four Points by Sheraton Galveston's environmentally friendly practices..
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rosa G,

Thank you for the great comments about your stay with us. My team and I appreciate such positive feedback. I hope you choose us again when your travel plans take you to Galveston Island.

Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on June 1 for a pre-cruise night. We paid $320.00 per night. This hotel is old and outdated. There is NO air-conditioning in the lobby. Our room was small and not very clean. The doors that require a key did not work. Most of the time the elevator did not work. Our room phones did not work. The cart to carry your luggage didn't work and we had to tote all our luggage up. For that price breakfast was not provided. We did purchase breakfast there for $10.00 per person. The location was across from the Pleasure Pier. There isn't anything else around it. There are tourist shops but nothing else. We had to take a cab to a CVS. I would never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Second Building is really old and outdated.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear VacationsRme58,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. On behalf of my staff I would like to apologize for the lack of service you received during your stay with us. Please know that I am working hard with the staff to make the necessary changes. I hope in the future when your travel plans bring you to Galveston Island that you choose us again.

Tyler

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Galveston? Share your experiences!