My husband and I chose the hotel because we had a Starwood certificate for 50% off per night up to 5 days stay, relatively a short drive from Dallas, limited time to be away from our jobs. We stayed May 31 through June 3. It was our combined celebration of both our birthday's and 25th wedding anniversary. We clearly indicated this when we made our reservation that this would be a very special weekend. In the past we were usually greeted with acknowledgement of such. Did not happen.
Positive feed back first. We had a room with the ocean view and a balcony. (Requested). The hotel is close to walking distance to restaurants and Pleasure Pier. We did like having Wendy's next door for a quick bite and ice cream. The bed is really comfy (heavenly bed). Shower and bath was roomy. I really liked the new feature of bath gel, shampoo, conditioner in the dispenser attached to the wall in the shower. Towels were in excellent shape.
Less than positive feed back: If any of you have ever stayed at other Sheraton properties you would expect higher quality and standards. As another traveler stated, it is in the details. The entire weekend there was clearly a lack of "mature management ". Customer service was lacking at the front desk. Our room was lacking a much needed necessity (drinking glasses). When I went to the front desk to ask about them " Oh we don't put glasses in our rooms". I then requested them. The ice bucket was shot! The next day we still did not have glasses in the room. I did remove the plastic ones from house keepings cart and from there on out we had new cups for the rest of our stay. The restaurant is fine for convenience. But, had a much better breakfast at I HOP down the street.
I would rethink my choice of hotels for my next stay. There are plenty more to choose from. Again we had a 50% off Starwood Certificate. Should have used it elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, Four Points by Sheraton Galveston is near the beach and Pleasure Pier, Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Moody Gardens, Strand Historic District, and Grand 1894 Opera House Free parking only applies for guest. (none parking facility) If vehicle is left for cruise parking the charge is $40.00 for 5 days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Starwood, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Galveston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Galveston
- Four Points By Sheraton Galveston Hotel Galveston