“In a hurry?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Galveston

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Galveston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Galveston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Seawall Blvd, I-45 South Between 23 & 24 Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
michigan
“In a hurry?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight prior to embarking on a cruise. The hotel was nice enough. Rooms clean. Hotel breakfast in restaurant was not very good. The real problem came when we wanted to get transportation to the port. It was a Sunday and the wait for a taxi was over one and a half hours! There were probably 40-50 people trying to get transportation and the desk clerk says this happens every Sunday!! As the hotel is convenient to the port, I believe it is the responsibility of the hotel to inform patrons of accessibility and lack of that to reach the port! Think twice before you book here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. We are seeing an increase of business for the outgoing cruises out of the Port of Galveston. We are in the process of gathering information on either leasing/buying a large van or contracted out with a shuttle service. We will find the right solution so that guest do not have to wait for a taxi. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Amazing location in the heart of Galveston. Close to Pleasure Pier. The hotel is clean and the best part was bed. Sheraton has the most comfortable bed. I don't know how much it costs per night because I used my SPG points. I wish we stayed a few nights to enjoy Galveston.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much. We look forrward to your next visit.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We (wife and young daughter) really enjoyed our stay at 4 points. The location can't be beat as you can walk everywhere you need. Customer service was excellent as was the suite we stayed in. Pool was cold, which is probably good in the summer but was unusable in the spring. They have cribs available. Our room was clean, and had a great view of the ocean. It also had a microwave, fridge and two separate rooms so we could put the kiddo to sleep and hangout in the other room. The ac was loud, but it never woke up the kid.

Overall, the best part was the excellent customer service that I have come to expect from a Starwood Hotel. I will look this place up next time we are in Galveston for sure.

• Stayed May 2012
We appreciate the great comments. We are delighted you had a great time.
Ft. Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Four Points isn't luxury, but for the price this property did a great job. I stayed for business but didn't use the business center, so I can't comment on its value. The room was clean, noise wasn't a factor, and the front desk staff were very courteous. For those wanting to visit Pleasure Pier or the beach, you are literally across the street from both, and there are quite a few options for food nearby. Breakfast in the hotel's dining room was decent - might want to spend your money elsewhere for something a bit more unique - but it did the trick to fill me up.

Room Tip: King rooms really do a lot to help - larger space was a big plus.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and your business. Location is very important, but we try to keep things simple and comfortable. We are currently reviewing our breakfast menu and will be making some changes. Thank you and hope to see you on your next visit to Galveston.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at the Four Points in November, 2012. We had alot of problems with our stay. I wrote a review and the new manager wrote to my husband and I. He said that they had new management and would we give them another chance. We really loved the location, so we decided to give them another chance. Our stay in April, 2013 was completely different. The manager, Gilbert Mora, made sure our stay was perfect. He made sure we had everything we requested. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We are glad that we gave them another chance.

Room Tip: Stay in the Junior Suite. It is a large room and has an ocean view with terrace.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you. We are always trying to improve and make this property better. We know we still have areas of improvement, but any business does. See you next time.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I were planning an overnight trip to Galveston and after reading some of the reviews about this hotel I was a bit skeptical. However, we are Starwood members and wanted to stay at one of their properties. We had an excellent experience from beginning to end. Because we are platinum level we were upgraded to a suite, which is normally the case if it is available. Our room was very clean, had great amenities (microwave, fridge, dispensers in shower, etc.), the bed and pillows were more than adequate and very comfortable. I was able to meet the general manager, Gilbert, who had responded to a lot of the reviews. He addressed some of the concerns I had read about and is working diligently to correct any problems he might have inherited when taking the position at Four Points.
Remember, this is a FOUR POINTS, not a W and also a beach hotel. The prices are extrememly reasonable and there is a lot of family traffic. We will definitely stay at this hotel in the near future. Thanks Gilbert for caring and doing such a great job!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the kind words. We look forward to your next stay.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I originally wanted to rent a private place from the homeaway website but my husband made arrangements on his office computer because he thought he found a deal to good to pass up; $500 for 3 nights with an ocean view. The staff was friendly when we arrived which was a relief because I read horror reviews online. The room was decent but not immaculately clean like hotel rooms should be; the bed was oddly wrinkled but due to a sloppy housekeeper and the walls were dirty in many spots. The ocean view was very nice but the MAJOR disappointment was that the patio doors were so dirty. When the patio doors were shut I couldnt see the "view". We were on a staycation from Katy, Tx and my husband loves the Galveston area, so I was determined to enjoy our trip with little complaint...however the hotel made a mistake and put a $2000 hold on our $500 reservation. While we were away from home our staycation we were denied a good chunk of our bank account. It was very difficult to reach a manager to fix it and as of April 8th there was a $900 hold on our bank account from our trip on March 28th. The manager did discount our $500 bill down to $400. I would have possibly valued the hotel on an average rating if they had valued charging us correctly. Please be cautious how this hotel charges you! Please read other reviews where guests complain about overcharges, too.

• Stayed March 2013
I want to thank you for your review. As you know we need this information to help us improve. I do apologize for the dirty outside patio glass doors. We really try to keep those clean, but facing the ocean with the salt air gets them dirty quickly. I have shared the over authorizations on credit cards with the front office team. I will also share with Housekeeping the bed and walls issue.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Galveston? Share your experiences!