“nice short stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Galveston

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Galveston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Galveston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Seawall Blvd, I-45 South Between 23 & 24 Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“nice short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I came to Galveston for a weekend and decided to stay here mainly based on the location. I must say, it was very nice, the bed was so comfortable IMHO that I bought one for myself once I got home! This was my first stay at a Four Points and it definitely put them at the top of my list for when I'm visiting a city I might not be familiar with.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks. I wish you could have stayed longer to enjoy the great beds we have. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Galveston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Upon first sight of the hotel it was obvious that it was a free for all parking lot for beach goers and there was no valet, so the guests had to search for a parking space. We drove around twice before finding a spot. After we got to our room we looked out to get an awesome view of a girl peeing behind a dumpster. Not to mention its ghetto location next to old houses with boarded up windows. Also there was a pair thong underwear on the hallway floor in the main hall. I thought i was safe with this hotel because they are related to the Westin but all I can say about this hotel is omg now I have been to the getto. Also do NOT order room service it is so slow and cold when you get it. This is only our first night.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your feedback and opinions. We usally get very good reviews on the location. Can not control some of the things you viewed, however this is a prime location. Parking is for guest only and we do tow if someone does not have a parking permit. I can work on the Room Service issue with my staff. Once again thank you for your candid feedback.
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here prior to cruise out of Galveston and had an excellent stay. We had 7 rooms total and they were able to get 6 of the 7 on the same floor so that was helpful. Rooms were clean and hotel staff was really friendly. We were two short blocks from a nice restaurant and we all spent time on the beach there. The amusement pier was just across the street but we did not have the time to explore it however it did look lke a nice place to spend the day if you had the time. Overall this is a nice hotel that is convient to beach,dining and not far from the cruise terminal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wow! Seven rooms. Thank you so much. We really appreciate that and hope we did well. We do have a great location and working hard to improve service all the time.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great place overall. The front desk service was excellent and room was luxurious and clean. The main problem that I meant to tell the front desk is that the actual bed sheets are VERY noisy. My travel partner and I had 2 double beds and each time we moved position in the night, it was so loud that we woke each other up. It is like the sheets were double starched with plastic bed protectors on the mattress ~ not sure but I actually wouldn't return because of that reason. I gave 4 stars because the noise factor may just be us, but everything else was great. Beach front access just across the street was awesome too. We stayed there for one night. Price was $140.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the ocean (Gulf of Mexico I think)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate the feedback on the sheets. I have heard that before and we are looking into a water softening system for the laundry department. It may be the hard water we have and it may be affecting the sheets. Thanks.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very clean, new, friendly staff, good location. I wouldn't hesitate to book it again.
As an FYI...if you're staying here before a cruise, they will call a taxi for you to get to the terminal the next morning. I suggest allowing plenty of extra time. The front desk called the taxi as they said they would, but the taxi companies were so busy that they were over an hour late.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and comments. See you again soon.
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I got this room on priceline for Valentine's Day. It had a great view and the staff was very helpful. Only issue was the water wouldnt drain in bathroom. I called to have it looked at twice. That was just a fluke though. Hotel and staff were attentive and very helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We appreciate the feedback and will look into the slow drainage problem. I have a feeling we may have to check all rooms for this issue to be on the safe side. After a few summers with guest rinsing sand from the beach in the tubs can cause this to happen. We will have two wash stations for guest to rinse before entering the hotel.
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

My parents and I stayed here in 2 separate rooms the weekend of the Galveston Half-marathon. It was very close to the race festivities about 1.5 miles. The hotel is nice and clean; the front desk ladies were friendly. I had a good sized room with 2 queen beds. The only down falls were the A/C unit was pretty loud and turned on and off all night. Also, there is only one knob for the sink, so I had to turn it all the way to the left to get hot water- but the sink was not draining properly. By the time the water got hot, the sink would be full of water and take over a minute to drain. The shower pressure was not so great either. However, my parents said they had decent water pressure in their room and no issues with the sink. They did note that the A/C unit was a little loud. I would stay there again, probably.

• Stayed January 2013
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. We will look into the sink problem and the A/C. We definitely want to stay on top of these issues and this information helps us out. I hope you did well in the marathon and hope to see you in the future.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Galveston? Share your experiences!