“Good location near Pleasure Pier” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Galveston

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Galveston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Galveston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Seawall Blvd, I-45 South Between 23 & 24 Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 49 hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Birmingham, Alabama
“Good location near Pleasure Pier”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

My parents and I stayed here in 2 separate rooms the weekend of the Galveston Half-marathon. It was very close to the race festivities about 1.5 miles. The hotel is nice and clean; the front desk ladies were friendly. I had a good sized room with 2 queen beds. The only down falls were the A/C unit was pretty loud and turned on and off all night. Also, there is only one knob for the sink, so I had to turn it all the way to the left to get hot water- but the sink was not draining properly. By the time the water got hot, the sink would be full of water and take over a minute to drain. The shower pressure was not so great either. However, my parents said they had decent water pressure in their room and no issues with the sink. They did note that the A/C unit was a little loud. I would stay there again, probably.

• Stayed January 2013
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. We will look into the sink problem and the A/C. We definitely want to stay on top of these issues and this information helps us out. I hope you did well in the marathon and hope to see you in the future.

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed one night to go to a wedding down the road. We found the whole place very clean and comfortable. Loved the bed, I wanted to take their mattress home with me.

They try their hardest to do a real restaurant breakfast but its not. Food could take a while or could be real fast or not. Still better than the other self serve breakfasts where you have to work to ge your breakfast.. I actually got a waitress bringing non stop diet cokes and coffees to get rid of the hang over from the night before.and that made me happy.

It's not a resort hotel but its a great place to lay your head and walk to the beach, restaurants and the pleasure pier. we would go back.

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms I know of but you could ask for a view of the ocean across the street
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for the review. I am glad you enjoyed our bed and had a great night sleep.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This hotel is perfect for an affordable weekend get away. The rooms are nice and contemporary. Pretty centrally located on the Seawall. It's within walking distance of several very good restaurants and bars. The staff is friendly and informative. I've stayed here several times and have had pleasant experiences during all my stays.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Appreciate your repeat business. I believe the staff is getting better at taking care of our guest. We are improving but have a ways to go.
Converse, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I made my reservation for this weekend stay on 11-26-12 and recd a confirmation from the hotel on 01-15-13. Upon arrival on 01-18-13 was told "I must have cancelled my reservation". I told the Russian girl at the desk that I had not cancelled my reservation and she said" I must have called to cancel it". I told her I did not call and cancel the reservation and was able to show her my hotel conifrmation dated 3 days earlier. She said she would be able to get me a room eventhough I didn't have a reservation (which I had) and quoted me a price higher than my original rate. I again showed her the email confirmation with the rate of $109 a night and she was then able to give me that rate. I paid in cash a total of $250.70 for the two nights.
My debit card was used for incidentals???
The next day I noticed that my card had a hold on it for $250.70 and $294.00. I padi in cash so this was confusing to me. I asked at the front desk and was told this will be removed.
Which is hasn't as of 01-21-13.
When I checked out I was charged $502. eventhough I had paid in cash and had the receipt to prove it. Again it was the Russian girl who assisted me. She asked if I wanted my final bill snet to me or printed. Thank God I opted to have it printed. The manager was sent to assist the Russian girl and I was assured the charge would be removed from my debit card.
As of this date the charges remain.
I am very disappointed with the front desk staff. The room was comfortable and we had no complaints. The room was not cleaned until afternoon on Saturday and there were only enough towels for one person to take a shower although we had 3 in the room. So that was inconvenient. I will probably never stay at this hotel again due to the over charging for my room and the "lost" reservation.
FYI: A friend also stayed in this hotel and was given a rate $30 more per night with the same number of beds and only 2 in the room . I am guessing they charge whatever they feel like at the moment???

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the whole credit card fiasco. It appears that the front desk associate needs more training on how to collect and secure payment for our services. I will address this issue. I do know that the hold we had on your card will drop automatically and depending on your bank will drop from 5-7 days after the check out date. Not sure what happened on the lost reservation, but we should just honor it without question and researched later to prevent from happening again. Please do not deter from staying with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Two nights here prior to cruise departure. Hefty walk (15-20 minutes) to get to The Strand/downtown but across the street from beach and Pleasure Pier.
Room layout was great...plenty of space for our 7 suitcases and four people. Nice bed...a bit on the hard side. As for the AC unit...just run the fan all night and you get a white noise.
Pool is not heated. So if you come in January be prepared for that.
Overall pleased with service at front desk, cleanliness and comfort of room, and price at $109 per night.

• Stayed January 2013
We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We arrived for a two day pre-cruise stay. The check-in was easy, and although we had lots of luggage, no assistance was offered. Our room was fine, it overlooked the Gulf. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant. The food was adequate but our waiter was efficient and friendly. In fact, he chased down a receptionist so we could buy bottles of soda as no one was around the desk. Location is great as we were walking distance to many places. On our second day, in fact, we did a lot of walking around the island. We left the hotel before 10:00AM and arrived back about 2:00PM. Our room had not been cleaned, which we found puzzling. After waiting for an hour for housekeeping to knock to clean our room, we finally put out the "Do Not Disturb" as my friend needed a nap. Very disappointing . . . Upon check out the next day, we mentioned the lack of cleaning. The clerk said she would report it . . . no apology at all!!! This completely puts me off this hotel. Lovely facility, but lacking in staff training.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the feedback. Our housekeeping department is on duty from 9am to 6pm. They are assigned rooms that have to be completed throughout the day. They may have not been to your room yet, however are going to. If service is need by a certain time please contact front desk and we would have addressed your room asap.
Huntington Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We do a lot of traveling. Our getaways are carefully planned and can be anywhere in the US or Europe.My husband knew he had selected one of the best locations in Galveston here at the Seawall. We expected to have a great stay. As we arrived on a cold afternoon in January, we naturally turned on the heater unit.We could not hear our own voices over the noise. And then after a full day, we returned to our room, the roar of this machine made it impossible to sleep! How can management not know of this problem? Peace and quiet is the first comfort one expects when spending this amount of money!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Appreciate the feedback because we actually had another heater that did not work. Since then, my maintinence crew has been into every single room to test the heaters. Because of your experience we found 3 others that did not work. We have ordered additional heating elements to make sure we get through this cold spell. Thanks you.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Galveston? Share your experiences!