I made my reservation for this weekend stay on 11-26-12 and recd a confirmation from the hotel on 01-15-13. Upon arrival on 01-18-13 was told "I must have cancelled my reservation". I told the Russian girl at the desk that I had not cancelled my reservation and she said" I must have called to cancel it". I told her I did not call and cancel the reservation and was able to show her my hotel conifrmation dated 3 days earlier. She said she would be able to get me a room eventhough I didn't have a reservation (which I had) and quoted me a price higher than my original rate. I again showed her the email confirmation with the rate of $109 a night and she was then able to give me that rate. I paid in cash a total of $250.70 for the two nights.
My debit card was used for incidentals???
The next day I noticed that my card had a hold on it for $250.70 and $294.00. I padi in cash so this was confusing to me. I asked at the front desk and was told this will be removed.
Which is hasn't as of 01-21-13.
When I checked out I was charged $502. eventhough I had paid in cash and had the receipt to prove it. Again it was the Russian girl who assisted me. She asked if I wanted my final bill snet to me or printed. Thank God I opted to have it printed. The manager was sent to assist the Russian girl and I was assured the charge would be removed from my debit card.
As of this date the charges remain.
I am very disappointed with the front desk staff. The room was comfortable and we had no complaints. The room was not cleaned until afternoon on Saturday and there were only enough towels for one person to take a shower although we had 3 in the room. So that was inconvenient. I will probably never stay at this hotel again due to the over charging for my room and the "lost" reservation.
FYI: A friend also stayed in this hotel and was given a rate $30 more per night with the same number of beds and only 2 in the room . I am guessing they charge whatever they feel like at the moment???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, Four Points by Sheraton Galveston is near the beach and Pleasure Pier, Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Moody Gardens, Strand Historic District, and Grand 1894 Opera House ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Galveston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Galveston Hotel Galveston
- 4 Points By Sheraton Galveston