“Nice Room but Over charged and lost reservation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Galveston

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Galveston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Galveston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Seawall Blvd, I-45 South Between 23 & 24 Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 49 hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Converse, Texas
“Nice Room but Over charged and lost reservation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I made my reservation for this weekend stay on 11-26-12 and recd a confirmation from the hotel on 01-15-13. Upon arrival on 01-18-13 was told "I must have cancelled my reservation". I told the Russian girl at the desk that I had not cancelled my reservation and she said" I must have called to cancel it". I told her I did not call and cancel the reservation and was able to show her my hotel conifrmation dated 3 days earlier. She said she would be able to get me a room eventhough I didn't have a reservation (which I had) and quoted me a price higher than my original rate. I again showed her the email confirmation with the rate of $109 a night and she was then able to give me that rate. I paid in cash a total of $250.70 for the two nights.
My debit card was used for incidentals???
The next day I noticed that my card had a hold on it for $250.70 and $294.00. I padi in cash so this was confusing to me. I asked at the front desk and was told this will be removed.
Which is hasn't as of 01-21-13.
When I checked out I was charged $502. eventhough I had paid in cash and had the receipt to prove it. Again it was the Russian girl who assisted me. She asked if I wanted my final bill snet to me or printed. Thank God I opted to have it printed. The manager was sent to assist the Russian girl and I was assured the charge would be removed from my debit card.
As of this date the charges remain.
I am very disappointed with the front desk staff. The room was comfortable and we had no complaints. The room was not cleaned until afternoon on Saturday and there were only enough towels for one person to take a shower although we had 3 in the room. So that was inconvenient. I will probably never stay at this hotel again due to the over charging for my room and the "lost" reservation.
FYI: A friend also stayed in this hotel and was given a rate $30 more per night with the same number of beds and only 2 in the room . I am guessing they charge whatever they feel like at the moment???

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the whole credit card fiasco. It appears that the front desk associate needs more training on how to collect and secure payment for our services. I will address this issue. I do know that the hold we had on your card will drop automatically and depending on your bank will drop from 5-7 days after the check out date. Not sure what happened on the lost reservation, but we should just honor it without question and researched later to prevent from happening again. Please do not deter from staying with us again.

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Two nights here prior to cruise departure. Hefty walk (15-20 minutes) to get to The Strand/downtown but across the street from beach and Pleasure Pier.
Room layout was great...plenty of space for our 7 suitcases and four people. Nice bed...a bit on the hard side. As for the AC unit...just run the fan all night and you get a white noise.
Pool is not heated. So if you come in January be prepared for that.
Overall pleased with service at front desk, cleanliness and comfort of room, and price at $109 per night.

• Stayed January 2013
We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We arrived for a two day pre-cruise stay. The check-in was easy, and although we had lots of luggage, no assistance was offered. Our room was fine, it overlooked the Gulf. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant. The food was adequate but our waiter was efficient and friendly. In fact, he chased down a receptionist so we could buy bottles of soda as no one was around the desk. Location is great as we were walking distance to many places. On our second day, in fact, we did a lot of walking around the island. We left the hotel before 10:00AM and arrived back about 2:00PM. Our room had not been cleaned, which we found puzzling. After waiting for an hour for housekeeping to knock to clean our room, we finally put out the "Do Not Disturb" as my friend needed a nap. Very disappointing . . . Upon check out the next day, we mentioned the lack of cleaning. The clerk said she would report it . . . no apology at all!!! This completely puts me off this hotel. Lovely facility, but lacking in staff training.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the feedback. Our housekeeping department is on duty from 9am to 6pm. They are assigned rooms that have to be completed throughout the day. They may have not been to your room yet, however are going to. If service is need by a certain time please contact front desk and we would have addressed your room asap.
Huntington Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We do a lot of traveling. Our getaways are carefully planned and can be anywhere in the US or Europe.My husband knew he had selected one of the best locations in Galveston here at the Seawall. We expected to have a great stay. As we arrived on a cold afternoon in January, we naturally turned on the heater unit.We could not hear our own voices over the noise. And then after a full day, we returned to our room, the roar of this machine made it impossible to sleep! How can management not know of this problem? Peace and quiet is the first comfort one expects when spending this amount of money!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Appreciate the feedback because we actually had another heater that did not work. Since then, my maintinence crew has been into every single room to test the heaters. Because of your experience we found 3 others that did not work. We have ordered additional heating elements to make sure we get through this cold spell. Thanks you.
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel itself is in a great location, right on the Seawall, right across from the newly rebuilt Pleasure Pier. However, the air conditioner in our room was so incredibly loud that it actually kept me awake most of the night (and I'm a very heavy sleeper). The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. Did NOT have a good night.
On the plus side, we got a great price, had a semi-ocean view room, it was very clean, and we only had to endure one night. Overall an ok place to stay (if the room was better), prior to leaving for a cruise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are still working on all HVAC units. We are installating rubber mounts under the motors to help with the vibrations, rinsing out the entire unit, and adjusting settings. This has been working and I am sorry we had not finish all rooms. As far as the bed is concerned we will look into the condition of the bed mattress. I believe they are only 2 1/2 years old. Thanks.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had booked this hotel last July for a pre-cruise night in late December, Upon arriving at the hotel after a long day of travel, they did not have my reservation, even though I had a printed out confirmation.. No apology or we will sort this out was offered, just confusion about what to do. They were able to give us a room, right on the elevators. We asked to be moved and were moved up to the second floor of the second building. No wi-fi and no one was helpful at all. We asked at the time of check in for a taxi to be called for 10:30 am for 6 people. I checked back in after our walk 3 hours later and it had not been done. Again just a stone faced look at receptiuon. The room was clean and quiet. The next morining was horrible. We had prepaid our breakfast $25.00. First if we ordered what we could get with our voucher, it would cost us $16.00. Then there was no service, 2 new, overwhelmed staff memebers trying hard. They pulled a girl of the front desk but it did not help. 45 minute wait for our simple order, had to get our own drinks, orders mixed up, my daughter had ordered a cinnoman roll, was told 45 minutes later they did not have and brought her muffins. 5 minutes later another person walked out with a cinnamon roll. Confusion.....everyone in the restaurant was very displeased. If something close had been oipen we would have gone there.
This might have beena comedy of errors, things happen when you travel but it was the front desk staff who we felt were not friendly in their approach nor did they look for ways to solve problems. That is critical in the front line of those meeting and assisting travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I am so sorry that we failed in our responsilbilies to provide you an excellent stay. We should had done a better job at reviewing all reservations from all sources to ensure we had it in the system. We are reconfiguring the internet router in that building to get a more consistant signal. It appears from your restuarant experience that we were understaffed and did not do very well. We have made alot of positive changes in this facility, but still have to improve and get consisitant. Our team thanks you for the information for us to improve. Please contact me at the hotel when you have a chance.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Looks like new management has turned this place around. We had no complaints at all. Friendly check in staff, who made NO mention of the fact we bought on Priceline, and even put us in an ocean view room on the top floor, which I certainly did not expect given what we paid. Room very clean, nice artwork, modern furniture, very comfy bed with quality linens and fluffy down comforter, and awesome, high-pressure shower! Hotel decor very modern, with attractive looking bar and lobby area. Mentioned a slow-draining bathroom sink to housekeeping staff I ran into in the hall on the way out for the day and she said she would have it looked at.
Suggest hotel update their amenities on the website. I had looked to see if there was a mini fridge and it wasn't listed, so we brought a cooler, only to find a minifridge in the room.
We had view of pool below our room (509) and view of gulf, albeit with a view of Murdochs gift shop as well. Like I said, very unexpected surprise, just wished I could open the window to hear the ocean. Pool area looks nice, but we forgot to bring suits so didn't use.
Highly recommend Cajun Greek and Shrimp & Stuff for local seafood.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you. It does not matter how you book our hotel we will treat everyone with the best service we can provide. We thank you for your business as tell all your friends about us.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Galveston? Share your experiences!