“Good Clean Hotel with Solid Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Galveston

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Galveston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Galveston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Seawall Blvd, I-45 South Between 23 & 24 Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 49 hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston
“Good Clean Hotel with Solid Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel is a fine hotel. It's clean, the service at the front desk was very helpful, and it's located in a part of town that's perfect for families and/or folks who are embarking on/returning from a Cruise. It's literally right across the street from the newly-opened Pleasure Pier which is a big family attraction. While it's on the ocean, be aware that there's no real beach across the street, and there isn't any nightlife within walking distance. In fact everything around it closes pretty early. But I knew that going in, and we stayed because it was one of the last rooms on the island so I'm probably not the target demographic. But we had fun, and it was a positive experience, and I'd gladly stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I will definitely pass on your remarks to are staff. They appeciate both the good and the bad.

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lansing, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed at the Galveston Sheraton one night prior to leaving on a cruise. Very nice, clean rooms and extremely friendly staff.

Hotel was in walking distance to a few restaurants along with one located in their lobby.

They allow you to leave your car in their parking lot for the duration of your cruise with no additional cost. We really appreciated that convenience. They do not have a shuttle but my husband dropped all us off at the port, went back and parked the car and took a taxi back - I believe it was less than $10 for the taxi ride.

I highly recommend this hotel - and would definately consider staying there again if ever in the Galveston area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Great News! We are one of the closer hotels to the cruise port and really appreicate the high praise. We look foward to your safe return and next stay at Four Points.
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We got back from our cruise late and didn't want to makethe 5 hours drive home so we headed for a hotel. The rooms are SUPER clean, the staff friendly, great location across from the pier with the roller coaster and ferris wheel. They have a mini store there and a restaurant in the hotel which is convenient. The beds are the best! Super comfotable and the entire family slept way past our normal wake time. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper level facing the pier.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
I am so happy that you enjoy your recent visit with us. We have been working very hard to create a clean, well serviced, and friendly enviroment. Housekeeping is getting trained, front desk handling request better, and food/beverage is getting consistant. Thank you and hope to see you again soon.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at Four Points several times. Our stay on November 9th thru 10th was the worst. The room and bathroom was dirty. The patio furniture was also dirty. I had asked for a large ironing board to be in the room when we came. The ironing board was broken. The air conditioner was not working. The thermostat was reading 75. You had to put it on 69 to get it to come on. The elevator was also very slow. My husband and I went out to dinner. When we returned we asked Malia at the front desk for some extra towels and wash clothes and a 6:00 am wake up call. After a hour and half we called the front desk and asked again about the towels and wash clothes. The lady at the front desk said she would bring them herself. After another a hour we went down to the front desk to inquire about the towels and wash clothes. We did not get a wake up call the next day or a early check out sheet. Luckily my husband set his alarm on his cell phone or we would have been late for an appointment on Saturday. We have a reservation to stay again on December 14th thru 15th. We will be cancelling it.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback. I am the newly hired General Manager and I completely understand your frustration. I am starting a Preventative Maintenance for the rooms so that these issues do not arise. I am also training the staff on how to clean rooms, handle guest issues and attend to guest request to better serve our guest. I have been here three weeks and working hard to make it a much better place to stay. I hope you give us another chance one day to see how much we have improved.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton prior to our cruise. The hotel allows you to leave your car in their parking lot while on your cruise. The room was very nice. The hotel is located right across the street from Pleasure Pier. It was clean and the front desk staff was accommodating.

We would stay again for a pre-cruise stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a view. Our view was a brick wall.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Great! I am happy to hear everything went fine. We are a great location for the pre and post Cruise stays. Thanks and hope to see you again in the very near future.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

C'mon. It's pretty basic. Make up the room before you let the customer in.

We booked two rooms with King beds via expedia. When we checked in we were told we were given a room with a king and a room with two queens because we booked through expedia and didn't pay full price. They eventually coughed up the second king room, but kudos for treating us like second class citizens.

No thanks.

Room Tip: Rooms face the amusment park or the wall of another hotel. Don't bother it you want a veiw.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Not sure what may have happened on your situation, but we will take it as a learning oppurtunity. It can only make us better. I do hope you give us a second chance.
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We are Platinum level awards members with Starwood which means we travel, a lot! First thing we noticed when we walked into this hotel is that the ceilings are awkwardly low...I've never been in a hotel with ceilings this low. The concierge put my husband and I in a room with 2 full beds without even asking if we may want a King. (again, remember we're Platinum level guests and expect to be treated that way. It's the small things, people!) There are only 2 elevators and they are SLOOOOOW. One of them was out of service, beeping obnoxiously, so it took an unreasonably long time to get up to the room, discover the full beds, and get back down for new keys and go back up again. The beds are comfy and it was mostly clean but don't expect much. If you're traveling with kids and want to be close to the beach and the Pleasure Pier, consider this hotel. Otherwise, it doesn't stack up to most Starwood Properties.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. Not much I can do about the low ceilings, but I can make sure staff take care of all of our guest including SPG's Platinum guest. We have just recenly had the elevator rebalanced? Anyway, they work well now. Please visit us again and see how we are doing.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Galveston? Share your experiences!