“Great Location, Short Ceilings and bad service!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Galveston

You added Four Points by Sheraton Galveston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Galveston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Seawall Blvd, I-45 South Between 23 & 24 Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston
“Great Location, Short Ceilings and bad service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We are Platinum level awards members with Starwood which means we travel, a lot! First thing we noticed when we walked into this hotel is that the ceilings are awkwardly low...I've never been in a hotel with ceilings this low. The concierge put my husband and I in a room with 2 full beds without even asking if we may want a King. (again, remember we're Platinum level guests and expect to be treated that way. It's the small things, people!) There are only 2 elevators and they are SLOOOOOW. One of them was out of service, beeping obnoxiously, so it took an unreasonably long time to get up to the room, discover the full beds, and get back down for new keys and go back up again. The beds are comfy and it was mostly clean but don't expect much. If you're traveling with kids and want to be close to the beach and the Pleasure Pier, consider this hotel. Otherwise, it doesn't stack up to most Starwood Properties.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for the feedback. Not much I can do about the low ceilings, but I can make sure staff take care of all of our guest including SPG's Platinum guest. We have just recenly had the elevator rebalanced? Anyway, they work well now. Please visit us again and see how we are doing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Blue Springs, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I were staying in Galveston for one night before our cruise and had a voucher from Priceline to bid on a hotel as part of the cruise package. I had read many reviews about Priceline after booking the cruise and became a little wary of their customer service. I tried to learn everything I could about bidding so we didn't get stuck in a horrible hotel for the night. I planned on bidding on a 3 star hotel in Galveston and knew that there were only 3 hotels with that rating in the east Galveston area. I read many reviews of all three hotels and found the Four Points was not getting good reviews, it seemed mainly because an elevator was broken and took forever to get one. I knew this was the hotel we would get after I bid $1 to the voucher...and it was! I emailed the hotel and asked if we could get a king size bed and hoped for the best when we got there.
When we arrived at the hotel (earlier than check-in time) we were not greeted by the desk clerk who was having issues with her computer. She called her manager to assist her and she didn't acknowledged us as well. it took several minutes before she greeted us and checked us in.
I went to hold the elevator while my husband got the bags and was suprised that both elevators opened right away, they were working just fine. When we got to our room on the fourth floor we found it to be very nice, clean,with a very comfortable bed and a great view of the Pleasure Pier and the gulf. We were very pleased with the room and especially the location of the hotel to everything. If it weren't for the first "hiccup" in our stay I would have given this the highest rating.

Room Tip: The Fourth floor with a view of the gulf
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad to hear you had a great stay with us. I understand the small issue at the arrival process is training. I have worked with the front office staff on basic hotel greetings and computer skills with a newer property management system. Just having leadership has really been the difference here and we have a great little place. Creating a service culture has been my focus so that staff really grasp what is important. I hope to make the difference.
Melissa, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Most comfortable beds, quiet rooms, nice large rooms, very friendly staff, wonderful location. What's the down side? Housekeeping. The won't/don't leave any shampoo, conditioner, soap or enough towels. We had to ask repeatedly and finally the Maintenance Director got us some soap. There were two light bulbs actually missing in the light fixtures, but brought to their attention was fixed immediately. Loved staying, will stay again. But will bring my own soap, shampoo and conditioner. Too bad, other wise would have been a 5 star rating. The room was clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the comments. I know we have some challenges in housekeeping and I am working hard to train and develop the staff. It simply is holding people accountable for thier work. I am doing room inspections to inspect what I expect from them. This will teach them and let them know I care to take the time to review what they are doing. Thanks and hope to see you in the future.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

...Worst! The staff says it all in their faces as they seemed unhappy to be working there. The few I had contact with seemed to be going through the motions in a daze. They need to be re-trained to the Starwood hospitality program. Avoid this hotel if you can, however, it is ok for a day, or two if you need a room with little fanfare.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
When I started on early November 2012 I noticed the same thing as far as the staff attitude. I am excited to be the leader of this property and want the staff to know I will support them in any way I can. I have held many training meetings to get them to know the ways of Starwood and that the customers and SPG are the key to success. I hope that I can make a difference and I know we have accomplished quite a bit already. You can see a positive attitude now. I hope you will return and give as another chance.
Keller, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My Galveston visit was business related. I really didn't have much free time to enjoy the Island of Galveston. The hotel staff is nice. Location is across from Pleasure Pier. Down side of staying here was the house keeping They didn't replace soap even though they took the old one, condition dispenser was empty, and coffee and tea wasn't replaced. Beds were very comfortable. Would I stay again? If the price was right, I can over look house keeping issues.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators. Run fans all night to dry the carpet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you feedback and so sorry you could not really enjoy Galveston Island. We hope you can return and see what the island has to offer. I have taken your housekkeping issues and shared them with the staff to inform and train them on the details of cleaning and follow-up. We hope to see you in the near future.
Milan, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Ok, to start. When checking in. I found a man in shorts, wearing a sports tank top. And the man was covered with tatoo. He was the employee behind the counter. No uniform for any of the staff. It was had to tell who was the staff and who was the customer. When ordering room service at 7:30pm. I was told I could not do this because, "The girl that handles the room service decided to go home early. My a/c was so loud that I thought I had a jet engine in my room. Which this made it next to impossible to sleep. Upon returning to my room the next day. The floors where not cleaned. Trash was not emptyed, and the old used towels where still on the floor where I had left them. But, my bad was made. Over all I would not stay here again and I sure would not put any of my clients in this hotel when they are visiting. This hotel is not up to the standards as an Four Points by Sheraton.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Maunak D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Not for Me,

We're sorry that your stay didn't meet your expectations at our hotel. I'm very suprised that there was a person in shorts behind the counter and that your room was not clean but the beds were made. I have shared these comments directly with staff. If you have any other concerns please feel free to call us directly at the hotel.
Sherman, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Management a bunch of liars. Cleaning staff doesn't know what they are doing and stole electronic equipment we had left. A/c noisy as crap. Elevators are slow, one was out of order. Some rooms have a view of a big red wall what the heck were they thinking...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear What a Joke,

We are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We respectfully disagree with your comments. Please feel free to call us directly at the hotel if you have any other concerns.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Galveston? Share your experiences!