“Charged my credit card $300.00!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Galveston

You added Four Points by Sheraton Galveston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Galveston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Seawall Blvd, I-45 South Between 23 & 24 Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Galveston
“Charged my credit card $300.00!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

They charged my card $300.00 WITHOUT telling me. I called to find out and they said we left a spot on their bed. This was NOT true. The clerk was totally rude!
The hotel had sand all over it and smelled like algae seaweed. The pool was filthy. There is no place to wash beach sand off. So everyone justs jumps into the pool with sand. Or they just walk into the hotel and bring the sand. The air conditioner was EXTREMELY LOUD.
The bar and resturant wasn't open very many hours. Do NOT stay here unless you can afford to lose a chunk of change of your credit card for no reason. I'll see them in court!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Maunak D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Ruuthieann,

As any business, the hotel does charge for destruction of property. If we can be of further assistance please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our 3 year old. The Hotel is located down the Seawall , away from the congested grouping of hotels close to the main 61st St location. Check in was easy and quick. The picture of the room that's on this sight doesn't do the room justice. It was really nice and clean. We had 2 queen beds with bedding. Everything is modern, including the 32 plasma on the wall, the furniture, and sink in the bathroom. There was just enough room that our 3 yr old could move around and we didn't cramped. My only complaint about the room was there were no refrigerator or microwave.
The staff was very helpful and quick to get us more towels or anything that we needed. My only other complaint was the parking. We had to park in the back of the hotel, but there was a door in the back so it wasn't so bad.
The hotel is right next door to Wendy's, so we could walk over for a cheap lunch. It's also located at the corner of Seawall and 23rd St, which is in front of a traffic light and a crosswalk. It was easy to walk across the street to the beach.
The hotel doesn't provide breakfast, but there is a restaurant in the Lobby. We chose to go right down the street to Denny's for breakfast that was cheap.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were spotless, beds were comfortable, the staff was helpful, the pool was clean, the location was good.

• Stayed August 2011
Aleshia H, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear lpcole,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience and letting others know about our great hotel. I apologize about the inconvenience of not having a microwave or fridge in your room, but we are currently working to have those available in the near future. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Warm Regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is a new beautiful hotel but if you want service and service is an expectation, please stay away. First me & my wife had to call housecleaning back as the maid left her cleaning materials in the room and trash on the floor. Not to mention that the maid had an odor that almost me us sick. The restaurant messed up our order and after telling them that I was allergic to shrimp. They brought anotnher dish with shrimp. They apologized and offered me a free meal. But when the bill came, I was charged for thie meal. Service leaves a lot to be desired and the poor experience dampered our wonderful vacation

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Richard C,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry about the mix up on your order and the housekeeping issues on your stay. We have shared your comments with the rest of the staff to help prevent that from occuring again. We would appreciate a chance to re-earn your business.
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed 3 nights just after July 4th. The room was very comfortable and clean but, it was advertised as a beachview room. There was no view at all, there was another building right across from us and all we could see was a wall! Also, there was no microwave or refridgerator and the pool was very dirty. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Maunak D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your view wasn't what you were looking for. We do offer guaranteed views in our suites and other room types. The upper floors also have generally great views!
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I went here with my husband a few days ago for our anniversary. I literally feel like we've been gypped. I guess I'll start with what was good.

PROS
The hotel is new and aesthetically pleasing (exterior, interior, furniture) except for the wing that has construction going on and is an eyesore.
It's literally right across from the beach.
Our room was clean and a good size.
There's an ironing board, coffee maker w/ coffee and tea samples, blowdryer, and cable.
The AC Unit was great and the bed was comfy.
There's several entryways so a door was never more than 50 ft from wherever you parked.
Their staff is friendly.

CONS
This hotel pretends to be "luxurious" but it doesn't even offer standard hotel amenities that you can find at almost any cheap hotel. First of all, they don't have refridgerators or microwaves in the rooms. In fact, they CHARGE you to get them.

They boast about free bottled water. Haha they mean to say, "A" free bottle of water whether it's 1 person or a family of four in the room. Seriously, they charge $200+/night and they can't afford to really offer free bottled water to guests. How cheap and deceiving can they be?! They can't make the effort to "splurge" 25 cents/room. LOL.

As of now, you don't have the option to select exactly which room you want therefore you can end up like me and my husband on our anniversary. We had an absolutely LOVELY view of a red wall 6 feet across from our window! It was the only thing you could see out of the window. And guess what our friends at Four Points do? They charge these rooms the SAME rate as rooms that have sunlight coming through the window (I'm not talking about ocean view, I'm talking about people who can see something besides red, and boy did I SEE RED!). BEWARE: The red wall can hinder the view of anyone from the 1st-3rd floors. The hotel has 5 floors so there's a good chance that you're going to get screwed.

-----------------------------------------------
Me and my husband are happy with boring $80/night hotels but we were looking to treat ourselves with a "luxurious" hotel for our first anniversary . We spent more than double what we normally pay for a hotel and received LESS (no sunlight, fridge, microwave, or free continental breakfast at least)!

Please, please spend your money elsewhere because you're really not getting a good value besides the rooms being new. There's beaches running along the whole island and you can get a cheaper hotel that's near one of the other beaches. Most of the beaches are public, free, and have ample parking right along the street (including Saturdays) so you really don't need Four Points if you're looking for a beachfront hotel. We will definitely be going to another hotel next time. With Four Points you're not paying for service and amenities; You're paying for a newly renovated hotel that is in dire need of money to fund their construction that's still going on.

Room Tip: You don't really get to choose your room location but the 1st-3rd floors have a chance of havin...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Maunak D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear TexasLovebirds:

Thank you for your review and your comments about our friendly staff. As a Four Points by Sheraton we are not a full service hotel but a select service hotel and we offer free wifi, and free internet in our guest rooms. We soon will over mini refrigerators as a standard in room amenity however we are not an extended stay hotel with full kitchens. We hope to see you on your next visit to Galveston.
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My family and I spent three nights in a suite. The rooms were very clean and the staff was especially friendly and helpful. The only disadvantage for us was a very small closet. The location was great. We were able to walk right across the street to the beach.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear texasflower82,

We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon! Have a great week.

Warm Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I would rate a 3 1/2. Clean room and great location. Beach across the Seawall Blvd. was not overly crowded. I understand the hotel just opened, some of the little items such as doors sticking when you go to open or close them. Staff fixed one issue that was brought to their attention. Not a total bad stay, but could have been better. Ocean view from the fourth or fifth floor is recommended if you stay.

Room Tip: fourth or fifth floor recommended.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Patrickjv,

Thank you so much for your review and letting others know about our location. We are continuously working to improve our services and hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you again on your next trip to the Island.

Aleshia H - Operations Manager

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Galveston? Share your experiences!