Beautiful lobby and great curb appeal. Pool area looks nice. Overnight front desk not the most friendly. It's a great location in the Gulf and a block from the Pleasure Pier.
When renovations are done this will be the place to be. Right now it's only great if you leave your room from 8am to 8pm while they're using jackhammers and drills to keep you alert. I spent 4 days in Houston and 4 days here expecting my houston portion would be fast paced and my Galvez portion would be relaxing. It was the opposite. Royal Sonesta in Houston (which was also under construction) insulated guests from the disruptions. At the Galvez it's front and center.
Try to get a high floor with Gulf view... Maybe that'll help a little.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Amex, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston