“Great experiance” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel

Hotels.com Booking.com
Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2024 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 49 hotels in Galveston

1,723 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Salado, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I didn't want to leave. My husband had to drag me out of the Hotel Galvez while I cried and cried. I wanted to rent a room and live there for the rest of my life. The bed was a heavenly cloud that cradled my body with love, the scenic views caressed my eyes and made me feel so serene, and everyone smiled. A lot. I like smiling people; they're wonderful. I want to work there so I can just be close to the Hotel Galvez at all times. I dream about this place, I love it! Didn't try the spa, so that's NEXT!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Wow, thanks for your glowing review on your stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. Looks like you'll be coming back to try our spa. We'll see you soon.
Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Hotel Galvez many times in my life through bad and good times. I am so thankful to see it the wonderful restoration. Check out one of the bikes there for guest and take a ride down the seawall or walk to many of the local attractions. If you want to explore the island, ask the valet's their recommendations. They have never given me bad advice and on this trip provided 2 of my new favorite restaurants on the island!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind review on the Hotel Galvez. We are happy to read that you like our renovation and our complimentary bikes. Please stay with us again soon.
Nederland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Perfect getaway close to home. I enjoyed the atmosphere of this historic hotel and the accessibility to the activities on the island.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for the positive review on your stay at Hotel Galvez. We hope that you'll plan another Girls Getaway soon. Remember that we have a phenomenal spa, complimentary bicycles and champagne brunch too.

Been to Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!