We planned our stay at Hotel Galvez as a short 3 day get away and ended up staying 5 days! From the moment we turned into the drive we entered another world. Every single staff member treated us like VIPs, and the attention to detail throughout the hotel made us feel like we were at a luxury resort. After walking through the front door, opened by a smiling doorman, we paused for a complementary glass of cucumber or lemon infused ice water. The front desk staff checked us in and gave us some great tips on things to do and made sure we were aware of all the amenities including the bicycles out front that we could use during our stay.
The hotel was opened in 1911 and the décor reflects that without looking stale or overdone. The just renovated lobby bar and restaurant are gorgeous and inviting. The entire ground floor and outside has many areas to just relax or read without having to sit at a bar or by a pool. The side verandas with their comfy rattan chairs are wonderful, there are sofas and chairs outside in shady nooks, and even chairs set out in front for watching the sunrise.
Our room was beautifully appointed with soothing neutral colors and all the conveniences of a 5 star hotel. We really didn’t spend that much time there, too many other great spots to hang out!
We went down to the pool and were greeted by more friendly staff and beautiful surroundings. The pool is salt water so no chlorine fumes and the landscaping is out of Architectural Digest. One day we ate lunch by the pool in our lounge chairs. There is also an area with tables and chairs or couches. The swim up bar even makes all their cocktails by hand at the same cost you’ll pay down the street for a bad premixed.
In addition to the ocean, the hotel is surrounded by great restaurants and family activities - all within walking or biking distance so it's super convenient to everything. The hotel also provides free gated key access self parking next door.
I don’t know what was better, the hotel or the service. Every single interaction with the staff was perfect. Every inch of the hotel is beautiful. It’s a wonderful place for a family vacation or a romantic getaway. 5 out of 5 stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston